The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Pick A Card [P, Indigo|L]

Postby Mousen » 01/15/2016 6:14 PM

"Alright, the nearest station isn't far from here. Will you be alright Kingsway?" Turpin asked, turning to the unusual man at Jessamine's side. She seemed to have caught his apprehension. She lead them through the city, using the quickest route she knew. It wasn't long before they arrived at a small train station. It only had four platforms, and looked as if it had seen better days. Turpin loved train stations, even little ones like this. She could feel the energy of the place beneath her toes, the coming and going, the impermanence was comforting. There was no great history here, just the passage of time and people.

"Right! We're only one stop away from the main train station in the city, so the main line that runs through to Lamenolai goes through here. Are ready to go?" She gestured to the tunnel that would take them to the right platform. "Looks like we've got a half-hour wait for the next train, which is unfortunate, but I'm sure we can manage."

(( Firstly! I'm sorry for the wait. ;u; I really thought I'd replied to this! Secondly, we can either move to Lamenolai, or call it a day, for now. It's up to you~ ^^ ))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

[16] [16]

Postby Indigo » 03/18/2016 9:08 PM

"Oh," Kingsway said, in a tone of the utmost surprise. "Yes. I'll be fine. I'm getting used to uh. Things." His smile turned out slightly off-kilter, which was better than the last time he'd tried it.

The train station wasn't as unpleasant as he'd feared; a thousand thousand whispers underfoot and overhead, words being spoken now and words that people had left behind, but not too crowded in the physical sense at least. And the whispers and murmurings swept over him like a river and didn't catch or draw him in. Not so many secrets in transitory places; leave your darkest truths in the open, you'll never see these people again.

Jessamine watched her companion relax and wished she could do the same. Such places were part of what made her, and though this one was outside her usual range she could feel the energy of her city thrumming down the line, rather reassuring since she'd been away for...well, it couldn't possibly be as long as it felt. It didn't do much to ease her concerns at the moment, given the uncertainty of her situation.

"Ah, well," she sighed. "What's one more half hour?"

[I'm good with moving to Lamenolai if you still want to continue this. I don't know if you want to start again?]

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Previous