The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

[C 2.2][P 4.3]

Postby Remedy » 03/06/2016 7:38 PM

Penelope was quick to assure Jane that everything would be alright. "I'm sure you will," she replied, "I'll help you get settled in, and you'll feel at home in no time." The promise wouldn't be a difficult one to fulfill, given the dynamics of the family here. She felt a pang of empathy for Jane, knowing first-hand the insecurities and mental strife that comes with being a social outcast. Everyone here would be able to understand.

---

"All right, I guess it's settled then. I'll let the kids know that we'll have extra company for a few days. We've all already had our dinner tonight, but if you and Jane need anything to eat, I can provide. You and Jane can stay in room 202. It's right across from mine," Clarabelle offered. She stood up and walked to a panel on the wall with various pegs holding an assortment of keys. Finding the one for 202, she took it off the peg and handed it to Aspen. "There is only one key per room, so don't lose this. Breakfast is served at 6 AM. Hope you two can get used to strict scheduling."

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: a place to stay (P, Pickle and me)

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/11/2016 6:05 PM

Jane smiled at Penelope “thanks so much.I’m sure it will work out, I’m just nervous”. The words of the young woman helped a lot though  “so…when do I get to meet everyone? and do you think I can help with anything tomorrow already?”. The girl had adopted a quite head on mentality over the past few years. 'afraid or nervous about something? better adress it, check it out, or if you have to confront it head on' only that this was a different, and hopefully much less hazardous situation she had to overcome

Aspen took the keys and nodded. when he would leave he would hand them over to Jane, but for now he would keep them. just to be sure. “I’m good, thanks. But maybe Jane wont say no to a little snack. If its really not too much of a bother,” he smirked “and don’t worry, we’re…at least somewhat adapted to getting up early” which was true, as they tried to use either very early mornings or late nights to travel, when not in crowded cities, to avoid any encounters

(meeh lame post. sorry. we could maybe jump ahead a bit for them first meeting the others, or we can just go on normally, I dont mind either way :))
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Previous