The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: [P/Azura] Legitimate Business

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/07/2015 2:19 PM

Ryzen gave a small snicker. "Still better than most," he said, taking note of the phrasing she used. With all her sympathy for Force-sensitive beings, it was certainly possible that her friend was one. Perhaps herself as well. He could not have fallen in with better smugglers if he had tried, he supposed, regardless of whether they had any power or not.

He closed his eyes for a moment and took a steadying breath. The sounds from the end of the alley, along with the feeling he could pick out, meant one of the bounty hunters had grabbed someone, more than likely another smuggler of some sort. While he would have liked to help, this was more about self-preservation than anything. "We should just have to worry about one for now," he said, glancing her way. "Lead the way, Captain. You're the one who knows how to get out of here."

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1062
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/07/2015 2:41 PM

"Well, if we play this right, we shouldn't have to worry about the other hunter, either," Hannlya said in a low voice, making her way back out of the alley.  Indeed, one of the hunters had grabbed another smuggler--not a fellow she recognized or liked, thankfully--and the other was keeping an eye out for other marks.  Hannlya looked around, thinking of a way to ensure that the other bounty hunter remained occupied.

"Sev, can you...?" she began to ask, and a chuckle crackled over her commlink.

"You never tire of that trick, do you?" her friend's voice came through the commlink.  "Make sure you're not near any monitors, and that you're through the door to the loading dock.  If the schematics of this station are similar to the last station we did this at, I should have a lock on it right about..."

"Wait for my signal, Sev," Hannlya said, motioning for Ryzen to follow her, but to look as unassuming as possible.  Once Hannlya reached the door she'd come into the spaceport through, she waited for Ryzen to reach the same point.  The door opened, and she stepped inside, moving to pull him along with her.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/07/2015 4:57 PM

Ryzen nodded and followed, tugging at the collar of his cloak. He still had that slight nagging suspicion that he could be walking into a trap, but he mostly ignored it. If this Cathar woman was Force-sensitive, even slightly, she would be in almost as much danger in half the galaxy as he was. There was no real way for her to be on the side of the Empire, not safely anyway.

She pulled him through a doorway, and he followed, hands jammed in his pockets. For anyone who didn't take too much notice of her species, they probably looked like a couple of kids slipping off to fool around, which was alright with him. He had realized long ago that allowing people to assume he was just "some kid" was often a better cover than anything he could have invented himself.

"What now?" he asked, his voice low. He didn't want to wait too long; bounty hunters were unpredictable.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1062
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/07/2015 5:39 PM

"And... now, Sev!"

Hannlya said this just before Ryzen asked "what now".  Once he had, Hannlya held up a hand with three fingers up, lowering one finger after a second, and then another finger after another second, and then, she made to point towards the loading dock as some of the lights flickered.  There was a commotion on the other side of the door, but Hannlya grabbed Ryzen's arm to pull him along, running towards the area where a shield would have been, but had winked out of existence.

"Just follow my lead!" Hannlya said, keeping her pace.  "Sev, where are you?" she shouted into her commlink.

The sound of a starship approaching was almost deafening, but Hannlya kept her pace until she came to the edge of the dock.  The walkway of the starship extended, but there was still a gap which they would have to jump.  Hannlya let go of Ryzen's arm to do so, catching the grooved part of the walkway and using it to pull herself up.  She turned around and noticed that someone was trying to pull the door open.

"C'mon, Ryzen!  Now or never!" Hannlya said.  "This is about as close as Sev can get Kryslania and still make a clean getaway."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Previous