The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Lost in the Lights and the Sounds [P/Zap][M:E?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/04/2015 1:24 PM

Lucréce's eyes had travelled to the discarded cigarette on the ground, inwardly wishing he hadn't thrown it away so quickly. But he limited himself to one a night, at the most, and he wouldn't let an errant event such as this change that. "No, I'll be keeping a few of my secrets, thank you," he murmured, a small smile beginning to inch onto his face as he slowly began to relax. Breathing in, breathing out, slow, steady. Leriun was gentle and kind, Lucréce reminded himself of this preconception. At least moreso than some of the men who came around there.

"Not wrong," Lucréce corrected him, folding his arms over his chest with a small smirk. "Curiosity. Two years," he murmured, leaning his weight on one leg, his small, angular body shifting with it and becoming a little crooked. "Started working when I was eighteen, but the madame wouldn't let me in the beds. I suppose I'm thankful. I just waited tables, and that's still what I mostly do."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[24]

Postby SpringsSong » 06/26/2015 11:20 AM

"Nothin' wrong with keeping a few secrets," Leriun said with a small smile.  "Believe me, despite how open I've been with you, I've still got a few secrets that will probably stay that way for quite some time."

When Lucréce said that he'd been working there for about two years, Leriun inclined his head slightly before he let a single, "Ah," slip from his lips.  That seemed a little young, but he then reminded himself that there were far worse things that a seventeen-year-old could be doing than waiting tables at this kind of a lounge.

"Do you... enjoy working here?" he asked, his words sincere.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Lost in the Lights and the Sounds [P/Zap][M:E?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/04/2015 8:12 PM

Lucréce was quiet for a moment, thinking on Leriun's words. "I'm not sure," he said softly, hands folded at his front as he stared at the bugs flitting around the streetlamp. Poor things were trapped by the light, it seemed, unable to tear themselves away.

How poetic. Lucréce frowned slightly and glanced away from the light, his pupils dilating again from their pinprick size. "I don't really ask myself those sorts of questions," he murmured, looking down at his hands, smoothing down the front of his short dress. "Dangerous questions, those are. Might give me ideas about trying new things and running off again."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Previous