The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: It's Seven Kinds of Naughty When You Let the Beat Drop [

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2016 9:17 PM

The walk back had been surprisingly shorter than when Jonah was slung across his back. He supposed that made sense well enough. The shed looked smaller, too--everything had seemed so much more daunting before. Now the distance seemed so short that Jadyr's brain barely had time to catch up with his heart. He was bringing a knife to what was probably a gun fight, and for probably the fourth time he internally cursed Ronin for not giving him his own gun. No matter how thankful he was for him helping Jonah out, he was pissed about the gun thing.

As it turned out, thankfully, it wasn't even necessary. The car was gone, yes, and the door wide open--it didn't necessarily mean the place was abandoned, but there was a good chance. Did that mean Tobias really was already dead? Or had Emille taken him with him? Legs carrying him forward before his mind could begin to mull properly over said questions, Jadyr rushed into the shed and looked around the main room, eyes immediately falling on the huge tank of water pressed against the back wall of the room.

"Shit, Tobi," he rasped under his breath, half stumbling as he ran towards the tank. The water level was terrifyingly high, almost to the other boy's nose. Without waiting, he rushed forward and slammed a shoe hard into the glass, praying to whatever was watching this sick display that it would crack.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/18/2016 9:30 PM

The water, and Tobias, came rushing out of the shattered glass. Jadyr's kick had done the tank in - it was old, and in massive need of repair and reinforcement... which Emille hadn't done. Thus, that savage kick was enough to destroy it. Tobi's hair was red, this time around - he'd dyed it since Jadyr had seen him last apparently. Then again, that was exactly like Tobi. ... and Tobi himself had come out with the water, rolling onto his side. He wasn't moving.

He was pale, and half-naked. The only things left on him were the black boxers he usually wore, and a pair of very soaked socks. His shirt, pants, shoes, and everything else were nowhere to be found. Wounds were all over his body - his arms, his legs, his wrists, the backs of his hands, his sides, and his chest. Cuts of varying degrees. All of them were washed clean by the water, though, and no longer bleeding... although there was bruising around the cuts on his sides and chest. Speaking of chest...

Tobias wasn't breathing.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/18/2016 10:26 PM

The ricochet of the glass shattering made Jadyr curse sharply in surprise, the water rushing out an effectively knocking him off his feet. He slammed into the concrete below, skidding slightly as the water spread out and left him on the floor. He scrambled to his feet, leg throbbing with pain--had he cut it?-- as he dragged himself over to Tobias, crawling through the puddles over to him. Somehow Jadyr's brain managed to latch onto the annoyance that Tobi had changed his hair yet again, and he held onto that, to prevent panic from setting in. It was damn amazing the shit his brain decided to focus on.

Jadyr's hands shook as he dragged Tobias' body onto his knees, propping him up slightly and holding his fingers to the boy's neck. Fear seized him, before rationality--questionable--set in. Maybe his own heart was beating too fast to feel. Yeah, that was it, he told himself as he pressed his hands to Tobi's chest, waiting for the telltale rise and fall of breath.

But there was no movement. Nothing. Panic thrumming through him, Jadyr looked around helplessly at the empty room, then at the open door, breathing rapidly picking up. "Ronin!" he screamed at the top of his lungs towards the door, hoping the doctor would hear him. He let Tobi fall again and scuttled backwards enough to get into a proper kneeling position, and put his hands on Tobias' chest. Hadn't Nathaniel told him something about CPR? Had he been listening? He began to press hard on Tobi's sternum, his own heart threatening to crawl up his throat with fear, and he bent down to jerk Tobi's jaw down and press his mouth hard on the other's, forcing air inside. Repeat. Alright, so he did remember some of it. Lord knew if he was doing any of it right, though.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/18/2016 10:38 PM

Ronin came running at the call, and immediately froze when he saw the water. He cataloged that, and continued running, all the way up to Jadyr and a lifeless Tobias. Taking in what was happening, he snapped into emergency mode by rote, checking Tobi's pulse as Jadyr continued CPR. There was a wince or two as the other cracked some of Tobi's ribs, but that meant he was actually performing it correctly, so he let that pass. This situation looked as though it would be easy enough to revive him. That picture had been taken twenty minutes ago, and the hose had been at the bottom, the water just about up to his waist. He hadn't been submerged that long, then.

Abruptly, just as Ronin was starting to help, Tobias coughed, rolling to his side, and vomiting water and blood. He pushed himself up onto his hands and knees, and continued to do so, until it was pretty much all out of his system. Even so, he was shaking, badly, as he turned to look at his rescuers. Of course, he couldn't say anything - he had to be in pain, from the drowning and the CPR both. It was all he could do to support himself on his hands, and pretty soon that gave away, too. Ronin caught him before he could fall flat on his face on the concrete, though. "Easy... easy... We've got you." he murmured. "Jad, there's an emergency blanket in my pack, can you grab that?"

While the other did, or did not, do as he asked, he turned his attention to very quickly checking out the sodden bundle in his arms. Other than a cracked rib from the CPR, and the drowning - for which he would have to be treated immediately, with the oxygen also in his pack - It looked as though the kid was okay. His pulse was racing and thready, but that was the drowning, and his breathing wasn't quite back on track. If there was anything else wrong with him, he didn't see it. "Easy..." he soothed again.

"Wh-... Where did... th-that... that bastard... g-go?" Tobias choked out in-between gasps, shaking hard enough to chatter his teeth together.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/20/2016 11:41 PM

Jadyr hadn't stopped his movements even when Ronin came over to help. Considering the man wasn't yelling at him to stop, even as he felt Tobi's ribs crack slightly underneath his pressure (and he remembered that that, too, was normal enough), he figured he must be doing something right. He shouted in surprise as Tobias suddenly retched and flipped over, straightening up to wipe his mouth with a wince at the sight of blood. It had never really been something that bothered him, but seeing it come out of Tobias' mouth in concerning amounts was enough to put him on edge, to say the least. He was halfway reaching to steady Tobias when Ronin caught him, reflexes much faster than Jadyr's in that moment, and the boy let his hands fall back into his lap with a shaky sigh, rubbing at his leg to try to get the numbness of panic to go away.

"Sure," he mumbled numbly, pushing himself into a kneeling position and shuffling over to the pack near Ronin's side. He searched around for a moment, then located the rolled up blanket (or what he hoped was it). He was struggling with it, trying to unfurl it, when Tobias spoke, and his eyes grew wide as he looked over at the boy. "We don't know," he admitted, patting the blanket hard to try to get it loose after being so compressed in a roll, then handed it to Ronin once the other was ready to take it. "We'll fucking kill him, though. Don't worry. We'll skin him alive when we find him," he said, trying a smirk for Tobias' sake.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/21/2016 12:00 AM

"I want his f-fucking p-pelt." Tobias chattered, as Ronin helped bundle him up in the blanket, rubbing his shoulders a bit. While Tobias sat there and shivered, Ronin took his pulse with one hand - Tobi didn't really care at the moment if he was manhandled. What the doctor felt... well, it didn't please him very much. He put Tobi's wrist down, and motioned back toward Jadyr. "If you wouldn't mind getting the stethoscope out of there as well as the blood-pressure cuff? The cuff's at the very bottom, and the stethoscope should be tucked somewhere in the large pocket in the back." Of course, he didn't tell Jadyr why he wanted those things. Tobias just so happened to be sick, and Ronin could feel it. Very sick. Sick enough to need care - even if he wasn't particularly open to the notion, most probably.

For his part, Tobias looked around himself, and noticed he was in water, and took into account the fact that he was breathing at all, the busted tank, and the utter drenching both he and Jadyr had. He put two and two together slowly, and got about twenty-six. Give or take a couple of decimal places. "Heh. You d-do c-care." he chattered, looking up at Jad with very, very tired eyes. "What h-happened to the f-freak that g-guy was t-t-talking about. I'd imag-gine he wasn't actually a f-f-freak. Emille was, though." He blinked hard, and rubbed his eyes, trying to come up with a reason to stay awake. Funny enough, he really couldn't think of one right now. "I c-came to f-find you when I h-heard you and that boy v-vanished f-from the C-C-Club."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/23/2016 12:24 AM

Jadyr blinked as he was given orders again, and he nodded with a small grunt of acknowledgement. He was glad to be able to do something; it felt a lot better than just sitting there uselessly, which is about what he'd been doing for the past couple of hours as Ronin had worked on Jonah. He dug around in the bag, listening to Tobias speak with something like a smile and something like a wince. "Of course I care, you dumbass," he muttered, an affectionate tone in his voice. He handed the instruments over to Ronin and looked back at Tobias, reaching out to lightly clap a hand on the boy's shoulder. "You look like shit. Emille fucked you up way worse than he did me. We're gonna fix you up, though. Ronin took care of 'that freak,' too," he added with a slight smirk. "His name's Jonah. He's back at Ronin's place. I... I guess he's coming home with us, at least until I can figure out what to do with him." Jadyr said the last bit with some obvious hesitance, still holding on to Tobias' shoulder for a moment. "Thanks for coming looking for me, anyway. Even if you did get your ass handed to you, I appreciate the sentiment," he added with a humorous light in his eyes, despite the circumstances, and rubbed Tobias' shoulder.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/24/2016 2:28 AM

Tobi coughed some more, and rested his head against Jadyr's shoulder, eyes closed. He had to be hurting if he was allowing that sort of close contact. He was also panting, hard. Ronin used the aforementioned items to listen at his back to his breathing, and move the stethoscope to a few places on his chest - sliding his hand in-between he and Jadyr. He also took the unresisting boy's blood-pressure, making a few mental calculations, and coming up with some numbers that weighed heavily on the 'not good' side of things. He needed to get this boy back to the clinic - or a hospital.

Sighing, Ronin removed the instruments, and put them in his bag. "Reunion's all well and good, but we probably need to get out of here. The police will want to know where this place is, and I probably should take a more detailed look at Tobias here back at the clinic. Horatio will also probably be wondering where we are..." he trailed off, and stood, looking around. "I guess we can leave everything the way it is right now... I don't suppose he's going to be coming back. And if he does, then... well, I'm guessing the cops will stake this place for a while."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/25/2016 1:32 AM

Jadyr blinked as Tobias leaned forward and rested on his shoulder, his face a mixture of uncomfortable and acquiescent. Considering the guy had just nearly died, he supposed he could handle a little contact, no matter how weird it was. He wasn't an asshole. Well, maybe he was, but not when it mattered. Jadyr lightly patted Tobi's back, then rubbed his upper back softly, hoping to soothe the other boy as Ronin checked him out. Jadyr watched the doctor's face, taking in the changing expressions. He didn't want to ask what was wrong in front of Tobias--the guy had had enough for one day.

"Yeah, alright. Tobi? We're standing," he murmured, shifting to loop one of Tobias' arms around his shoulders and keeping a firm hold on the boy's torso. His legs decided to work again--he could be thankful for that. Much like himself, his legs weren't assholes when it mattered, too. Nice. Holding onto the simple thoughts, he tried to make sense of the other situation--the situation that involved Emille holding their phones and essentially having control over Black Mamba until Jadyr could get to a phone himself. "Here's hoping they find the loon," he muttered, the fight drained out of him. At this point he just wanted to throw himself on one of the couches at home base and sleep for days.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous