The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Bad Luck [Open]

Postby PseudoMon » 08/09/2016 12:59 AM

Melville stretched his arms, opened his eyes lazily. He could feel the sun on his back, streaming in between the hole in the awning. He could feel the morning air, tainted by the smell of the slums, and distantly, the sound of a world waking up. "I heard ya loud and clear, kid," he said to the Meji as he started to stand up. "Good morning."

"Good morning," Avery said, somewhat reluctantly.

Melville was feeling better than he'd thought possible after a good night rest. All his wounds didn't feel much like wounds anymore. He stood straight, or as straight as a marsupial like him could go, and looked out to the streets, or what passed as streets around here. Just a block away a Taigra was crashing right through a shanty house, his mouth frothing.  

"Another crazy morning in the Slums," he said absent-mindedly. "Let's get you two out of here."
PseudoMon
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 155
Donate

Re: Bad Luck [Open]

Postby PseudoMon » 08/09/2016 1:36 AM

Avery brushed off her wand, her hat, her fancy magician's clothes. She watched the Tavil giving one last lick to her wound, and her Shartile friend picking up the skull and ready to go. It was bleached clean now, that skull. Looks more like an ornament instead of something that her friend had sucked his hunger out of.

"Come on," Melville said, jumping out the porch and into the sun. Korre seemed like he was about to follow him straight, but then he paused and looked at Avery, his eyes sparkling with morning curiosity. He was waiting for her.

Avery put on a smile and scratched the Shartile's back. "Thanks for being with me. I'll get us something to eat, soon."

"Hey, kid!"

Avery nodded and ran right after him, walking the streets of the Slums going who-knows-where, but probably, she hoped, the way out. Korre followed right behind her.

"Where do you want to go?" Melville asked. "I mean after you're out of here."

"Somewhere where I can perform," she said. "Get some money. Get some food."

"Ah! Somewhere with lots of rich people," he said. "You two be careful out there, arright?"

Avery was struck by this sudden care. And the whole time she was afraid he was going to eat them up. "Yes, Sir. Thank you." She smiled, and nodded, and followed Melville through the streets of the Slums, through the small alleyways and buildings she hadn't noticed before.

[End thread. Wooo. Sorry for the rush job.]
PseudoMon
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 155
Donate

Previous