The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: A Sordid Reward [P, Ari] [M:E]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/30/2016 8:33 PM

"All right," Zerissa said after a few moments, putting the stethoscope around her neck and scribbling down a few notes.  "I have one more test I need you to do--hang on a second," she said, turning and running over to one of the cupboards.

"Let's see... where could that be, where could--ah, here we go," she said finally, pulling out something that looked similar to a breathalyzer.  She walked back over to where Aura was and shifted the table into a chair for the present moment.

"I need you to breathe out into this as best as you can," she said.  "This will give me an idea of what we need to get for your asthma to bring it under control.  Emille--do you know of anyone that would be able to get an inhaler for him?  It would do wonders for loosening his airways and helping his breathing."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/30/2016 10:37 PM

Emille thought for a moment, crossing his arms. "I... think I might have some idea of where to get something like that." he said, looking as though he wasn't entirely sure. "It wouldn't be legal, of course. I'm not a doctor, and forging signatures is highly illegal, but... I could secure one. It would depend on which kind he needs." He peered over at the boy, and took in his pallor, his condition, and the panting breath. "Whatever the case, I'm sorry, Aura."

The boy looked as though he'd been shocked for a moment, but then accepted the apology with a nod of his head, and accepted the device from Zerissa. Blowing into it showed that his lungs were in much worse condition than either of the two older ones in this room had thought. He barely even managed to move the little bright-orange ball-bearing halfway up the outside tubing - a little under, actually.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/30/2016 10:56 PM

"Well, it definitely needs to be the right prescription," Zerissa said.  "I don't know much about asthma, but I remember hearing someone say that loaning inhalers to someone else can be bad.  The prescription is specific to the individual--too low, and it won't help enough; too high... it definitely wouldn't be good.  It would be counter-productive to what we're attempting to do, which is help him."

Looking at how high the ball did--or rather, didn't--go, Zerissa paused as she scribbled down some notes and frowned.  "We're going to need someone who knows exactly how to prescribe an inhaler, otherwise... like I said, it would be counter-productive to what we need to do."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 09/30/2016 11:12 PM

"I think... I may know someone." Emille said very softly. "I would have to go under-cover, since the man does know me, and knows exactly who and what I am. His name's Ronin. Back where my old place used to be, he lives in those woods - up in a cabin some... two or three miles away from where I used to stay. "I believe if anyone WE know of is going to prescribe something, it'd be him."

Here, he started pacing, looking at Aura on occasion. He was starting to come to terms with things, but he really wasn't sure where that path was leading in his mind. 'Things' also was a broad term, and covered many, many subjects. Most of which he wasn't sure he was completely ready to deal with just yet.

Aura watched the two discussing and hashing out things, and tried to ignore the growing ache in his chest. His heart felt like it was hammering, even though he was pretty sure it wasn't. There was an ache somewhere that wasn't entirely defined, and it was getting harder and harder to breathe as time went on. Of course, he was trying not to show this... but Emille notice, and pointed it out to Zerissa.

"He looks paler, Zeri."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/30/2016 11:26 PM

Zerissa had been about to respond to Emille's statement about having to go undercover to get an inhaler, but when Emille said that Aura was looking paler, her attention turned to him, and she noted his labored breathing.  She took the chair and converted it into a table, taking the stethoscope and placing it against his chest.  She frowned as she listened, and then, she looked up at Emille.

"His heart's acting up.  I think it might be tachycardia, but I'm not one hundred percent certain.  Either way, he's going to need a pacemaker--but for now, we'll just need to give him some sedatives.  At least, until we can get him a pacemaker," she said, running over to the chilled box where the sedatives would have been.  She pulled the cap off of the needle as she made her way back over to the table, flicking the side of the syringe to get rid of the air bubbles, and she took and inserted the needle into Aura's arm after she found a vein to insert the needle into.

"Hang in there, Aura," she said softly.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 10/04/2016 5:02 PM

Emille retreated for the time being with a pad of paper and a pen. Aura needed a pacemaker? That, he could design. "Let me design that." he told Zerissa, before slipping out the door back into his own workspace. Leaving her alone to work with Aura, he sat down and started to sketch out various ways to hook the thing up, what it would look like, and how it would function. This was engineering work. Challenging, and with a taste of exciting. Stuff he'd long since given up.

Aura, meanwhile, gave Zeri a quiet nod. It took some moments, but the sedative did take effect, and put the boy under deep enough for his heart to get the message and slow down. He was deeply asleep by the time he was moved back to the bed. Right now, both boys were fast asleep, and probably more comfortable than they had been in their entire time with Emille. His captive-practices really needed some improvement.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous