The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Crossed Circuits (Phoenix and I)

Postby Jedi » 11/11/2016 5:12 AM

BB-8 didn't quite know how to explain it to her, considering the differences between terminologies. Instead, he paced the room, searching for an open outlet to recharge himself. When he found one, he opened one of his circular hatches and shot a cable out into the plug. "I think this will be good enough. I don't take much energy to charge up. Or at least I don't in my galaxy." He could already feel the extra surges of energy flowing into his battery.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/11/2016 1:30 PM

"Thank goodness," Artemis said. "I was afraid that you might have some sort of alien technology that was far beyond what we have here. I mean, I know that you already have that sort of technology. But at least you'll be able to keep yourself charged."

For the briefest moment, a worried look crossed her face. While it vanished just as quickly as it appeared, her voice sounded slightly unsure when she spoke again. "These 'New Order' guys...they're bad, right? They aren't going to come looking for you or anything, are they?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/11/2016 2:50 PM

BB-8 hadn't thought of the First Order until he had heard Poe's message. But when he had discovered the truth about the message left to him, he realized the First Order wouldn't be any concern to them. "I highly doubt the First Order would be able to find us. I trust that Poe wouldn't lead them to us." While he didn't like lying, it wasn't a full lie. "I'm not sure that they even know about the information I carry."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/12/2016 5:04 AM

The woman shrugged. "Well, you know the situation far better than I do. If you say things are fine, I suppose I trust you." She had an odd feeling...as if the robot were hiding something. It was so strange, to be talking to a mechanical being that looked like a soccer ball but obviously had emotions.

"So, uh...I guess you'll want to come with me to my actual home then," she said finally. "I mean, it's probably no fun for you to just sit here in the garage all day." Oh gosh, what was she even saying? Could robots even have fun?

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/12/2016 1:49 PM

BB-8 looked up at her, realizing that she might be the closest to his master that he'll ever have. "I think it'd be fine if you want to us to go home. Is there anything I can help you with?" He wanted to know if he'd be a help or a burden. It felt unusual that she had already helped him so much without any thought of repayment. Almost as unusual as the thought that she never told him her name. "I forgot to ask. What should I call you?

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/12/2016 2:10 PM

"There's nothing in particular I need your help with," Artemis said honestly. "But maybe you'll be able to help me with some of the technology I've been working on. You seem pretty high-tech yourself, so maybe you'll understand it. I'll show you the project when we get there."

Grinning, Artemis lightly slapped her hand to her forehead jokingly. "Oh gosh, of course I would forget to even introduce myself. Sorry, little guy, I didn't mean to be rude. My names Artemis, although a lot of people just call me Art. Art Uditu."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/12/2016 2:31 PM

"It's nice to meet you, Art Uditu. I'd like to help you with your project. What kind of project is it?" He was hoping to find purpose in fixing things in this new world. A world he didn't even know existed. It wasn't usually his job to fix things, but he was use to doing in-flight repairs when Poe flew his X-Wing. If he was lucky enough, there could be technology advanced enough for him to help with.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/12/2016 2:38 PM

"Well, it's kinda hard to explain without showing you," Artemis replied. "And technically I'm working on several things at once, so hopefully at least one of them can give you something to do. Oh, that reminds me. I kinda wanted to ask you a question, but I don't want to offend you." This was getting to be like some sort of weird dream. She was worried about offending robots now. "Can robots like you get bored? Or are you content to just, like, sit there in the corner and do nothing?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 11/12/2016 2:44 PM

BB-8 didn't quite understand the question fully, but he tried to answer it to the best of his ability. "Robots like me don't necessarily get bored. But I think if we stand around for too long, we'll enter a low power mode, where we operate less. I'm not sure if that counts." BB-8 didn't understand the difficult human emotions. After all, he was an astromech, not some kind of stuffy protocol droid.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/12/2016 2:50 PM

Artemis thought she understood what BB-8 was saying. "Well, I'll try to provide you with enough things to do that you don't slip into that low power mode." Opening the door to the garage, the woman gestured for the robot to follow her. "Come on, we might as well get going. I'll bring you home and help you get...uh, settled, I guess."

This was going to be an adjustment for Artemis. But she had a feeling that the little robot was going to make her life at least a little bit more exciting.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous