The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Grounded Again [Quest | M:L/S] Done

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 1:32 AM

Alexis... or Commander Alex as everyone else knew her by. Grounded once more on a station while her ship was in for repairs after an intense dog-fight. Space in itself was unforgiving, and so were the mercenaries and space pirates that served as cutthroat renegades that she had to end up killing half the time. It was to save her own skin, as well as support her financially. She had a crew to take care of, and the care of her ship alone was enough to make anyone of moderate income faint at the expenses. All normal payments that she had grown far too used to throughout the years.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Grounded Again [Quest | M:L]

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 1:34 AM

That is why she was a bounty hunter, it paid well and it kept her up in the stars. So what if the danger was high?  But this life of gunning down villains and keeping her ship came at a bigger cost -- keeping her identity as a woman a secret. No one took female bounty hunters seriously, nor would they bother giving them work. What else to do but masquerade as a man? It took months of getting things right, but she was able to act the part of the opposite sex to the point where no one could tell the difference. Even her voice blended in, as well as her gruff mannerisms.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 1:34 AM

Alexis sat up in bed, tired of letting her mind wander any further. She gave a yawn and stretch, hastily grabbing her eyepatch off the bedside table to sling it over her bad eye. She ran her hands over her chest, checking her bindings that held her small breasts. Still intact enough to not have to re-bind. Heck, to the untrained eye it looked like she had pecs, not that she would let anyone see her naked. That would only serve to give away her identity. That thought only served to remind her of how lonely she had become, not having felt the touch of another living being in years. Perhaps it was just another sacrifice she had to make.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 5:50 PM

A knock on the door caused her to scramble around to hide her chest. Who in the hell was knocking on her door this early in the morning!? "Who's there? Alexis called out, her voice in her 'Alex' persona.

"Danica, sir. I am here to speak with you about a job. May I come in?"

It was a woman's voice... and from what it sounded like, she was Russian, or somewhere near the area. "Ugh, come in. But make it quick lass, I have other appointments I need to tend to," Alexis made haste in dressing herself, sitting down on the bed to await her guest.

"Thank you for allowing me to speak to you. This is a... request of dire urgency."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 6:56 PM

Maybe this woman needed the help, her voice was sincere, if not with a bit of a tremble within it. Whatever this job was, it must have been something personal to her. "Dire urgency?" Alex repeated, leaning forward to get a better look at her. From just looking at her, she could tell she was the paranoid sort. Maybe she was being pursued.

"Yes. A group of rogue space pirates have commandeered my ship after killing some of my crew. A group of Tyuur at that! I can't possibly overthrow them, not alone, so please... will you lend me your crew and your ship and help take my vessel and crew back?"

Ugh, Tyuur. What a bunch of stupid brutes, and aliens of considerable size at that. Nothing too hard for her though, she wasn't well known and feared for nothing."Call it a job then. Let's work out some more details before we put this in action."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 8:52 PM

"Details? What kind of details do you want to work out? Payment, how to go about this?" Danica took a seat on one of the cushioned chairs, leaning back to unbutton one of the buttons on her blouse, "Maybe... I can offer you something else, as incentive?"

Alex quirked a brow, her eyes now drawn to the tops of Danica's supple breasts. She wasn't adverse to bedding another woman, and had done so in the past, but engaging in any sort of sexual act might expose her identity. Danica was... forward about seduction and sex, but many commanders were. It was very common of them to sleep around with fellow ship captains, or even some rogue outlaws and even prostitutes. "Hmm... you make a tantalizing deal. I will think on taking that as payment."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Grounded Again [Quest | M:L/S]

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 9:23 PM

"You seem hesitant about this sort of payment, you aren't hiding anything are you sir? You don't swing for the other team do you?" she batted her eyes, crossing her legs a little as she stared at Alex.

"Oh no, gender doesn't matter to me when picking a bed partner. It's merely the fact that I can either ask for money, or sex. I am quite motivated by money my fair lady," Alex replied, giving her a coy smile.

Danica rolled her eyes, buttoning up her shirt again and standing up, tempted to just walk out the door.

"You can't take rejection can you?"

"No! It's not that, I just can't beleive you would take money over this!" she said, running her hands down her sides, "Really, money? I should... oh... m-maybe I can't take rejection."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/14/2016 9:23 PM

Alex got up from her seat and put a hand on Danica's shoulder, "Don't take it the wrong way lass. You are beautiful, and if I wasn't so short on money I would have taken up your offer without hesitation. Come on... how about we talk about getting rid of those filthy aliens for you?"

Danica nodded, taking in a deep breath, "Oh alright. What do you suppose we do then? We can't just bust into my ship guns a blazing."

"Not at all. We go in there by stealth. You know your ship better than anyone else, maybe get in through an escape hatch or ventilation system. From there we each take up a station and prepare for an ambush. I will ask my snipers for help, then they really won't know what's coming. They got hostages, yeah? So we make sure we remain unseen and unheard, then fire a bullet in the back of their heads, and BAM, safe crew and no more fucking aliens. Alright?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/15/2016 7:13 PM

Danica thought for a moment. The plan seemed solid, but she was still so unsure if it would go as planned. What if something went wrong, or what if they missed causing them to alert their enemies? So many thoughts were swirling in her head, but the one that stood out was that she had to do it, for her friends. "Seems like a great plan. When do you wish to enact it?"

"By dusk, since we are in the winter months, the darkness will hide our movements. Tyuur have poor eyesight in the darkness, so maybe we can cut power to the ship too. I have some night vision goggles we can all use to give us an edge."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 11/15/2016 9:09 PM

The plan had been sorted out, and the two made an agreement that they would work together. Danica was still curious as to what Alex wanted as payment, but kept silent for the time being. They would work that out once the job was done. They set off into the night, meeting up with Alex's crew, giving them a rundown of the plan, then passed out the night vision goggles and arms. Danica was a bit nervous being around such burly men and women, but decided quickly that it was best that way.

To be continued...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate