The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

For the thrill of it [Quest] [M][E] [Finished]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/15/2016 9:23 AM

Kale stepped into his sweatshop with his trademark smirk on his face and a lit cigar dangling from his mouth. He was here to examine the latest merchandise, as this particular sweatshop hadn't been up to standard lately.

He sauntered towards a quivering male who wore the badge of overseer and growled, threateningly. The poor male looked like he hadn't eaten in a week, and Kale's smirk grew wider as he noticed how the male trembled at his growl. "Tell me, peon, why haven't the dregs in this workshop been working properly?" he asked; though he was already disregarding the answer, he enjoyed the terror he caused in his slaves.

[1]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: For the thrill of it [Quest]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/15/2016 9:28 AM

Kale ignored the male's stuttering response, and sneered in his face; what care of his was it if the stupid creatures had neglected to eat after working hours were done? There was a food shop which he provided, after all, and it was their own fault if they chose not to use it. They were paid by him, he reasoned, and the rules required them to purchase food from him, so he didn't understand why it was so difficult for them to simply obey.

Kale barked a sneering order to one of the bruiser lackeys that had accompanied him, and the poor male was forcibly dragged out onto the street. "You!" he barked at a quivering male who still looked like a juvenile; "You're the new overseer. Ensure you do not disappoint me."

[2]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/15/2016 9:32 AM

Kale eyed up a trembling female who was doing her best to avoid his gaze. He grinned; these were the kind of females he enjoyed - the ones who were too demure to stand up to him, too scared to meet his gaze. These were the kind who would do whatever he wanted for the pittance he provided, and the security of not losing their job in the workshop - until he tired of them, that was.

"You" he growled, stalking up to the table she was working at and smirking as she practically slid out of her seat to avoid him. "Come to my office this evening; I have a job for you." he growled, watching her tear up - everyone knew what that job would be, and yet, he knew she would come - she would have no other choice.

[3]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/15/2016 9:35 AM

And she did, just as Kale knew she would; he let her into his office with a smirk, and locked the door behind her.

When the female left in tears a couple of hours later, Kale made himself comfortable with his feet up on his desk and a cigar in his mouth. As the office filled with smoke, he noted down the female's uniform number - which he had taken from her earlier - and made a reminder to have her again before he fired her.

He grinned as he thought of how she would react when he did toss her out. He had seen it all; begging, pleading, tears, anger, aggression - he got his kicks that way, too, and was known for being cruel at every point.

[4]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/15/2016 9:40 AM

A knock came on his office door, and Kale casually glanced at the watch on his wrist before growling out "Enter". How dare his appointment arrive early, and how dare his bruisers let them in when he had specifically told them he was busy!

Kale didn't even bother removing his feet from his desk when he saw who his visitor really was. A large grin split his face as his dealer opened this week's briefcase, and a short while later he had red eyes and an order placed for next week. His dealer was the one person who Kale didn't abuse, but that didn't mean Kale hadn't made it very clear exactly what his place in the system was.

[5]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: For the thrill of it [Quest] [M][E]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/16/2016 3:55 AM

That evening, Kale attended his local gentleman's club - an exclusive haunt in the backstreets of Lamenolai that he owned, which only accepted the wealthy into its ranks. He often attended in order to indulge in his love of gambling, and the alcohol was only stocked to suit his tastes.

Grinning, he sat at a poker table and was dealt a hand of cards. He knew he wouldn't need to worry about winning; his employees knew when to rig the table in his favour - which was all of the time. Nevertheless, he occasionally enjoyed crowing about how he had almost lost in order to get a rise out of his opponents.

[6]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/16/2016 4:00 AM

It was a wonder he actually had any regulars, considering everyone knew exactly what went on behind the scenes. However, there were some that believed they could beat his system; others were just as corrupt as he was and enjoyed the privilege of being involved. And then there were the third kind; the kind that attended purely to experience the more 'exclusive' services Kale provided, using his girls from the sweatshops.

One male attendee had dared, just once, to call Kale out for his behaviour, saying that he was sick and twisted - and Kale had taken great pleasure in watching as two of his bruisers had forced the male to take the place of the female he had brought for his guests that night. The male had never dared show his face again, especially since he found out how much the others had enjoyed having him.

[7]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/16/2016 4:04 AM

Kale had actually contemplated making that a regular feature since - a young, fresh, untouched male for his regulars. The thought sickened him - he himself would never touch a male in that way - but at the same time he got his kicks from watching the depraved behaviour.

Tonight, however, things were quiet and Kale seemed bored. When the female was too nervous and twitchy to go down as he had instructed, he threw his glass of spirits in her face and called for his bruisers to show her how to do her job.

The bullies that they were, they taught her properly - and Kale watched the whole thing with a wicked smirk and a glint in his eye; this was the kind of entertainment he enjoyed.

[8]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/16/2016 4:08 AM

After all, he reasoned, what good were females for if not for this? The pathetic snivelling creatures could barely stand on their own two feet, and he was disgusted by their inferiority. No, Kale mused, swishing the spirits in the glass that had been handed to him by an unperturbed waiter, females were only useful for one thing and when they had served their purpose were to be discarded.

He frowned; his eyes had landed on a new bartender, who appeared to be snarling unconsciously at the bruisers who were taking the female apart. Clearly he wished to save her from her fate, but was too weak to do anything but look when he should have been doing his job. Kale grinned and gestured to another of his bruisers to come forth; it looked like another round of entertainment was available to begin.

[9]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/16/2016 4:13 AM

When Kale eventually left the club that night, he was very drunk and could still feel the effects of the Redeye running through his veins. He chuckled to himself in the dark street, and even his chuckles were mean.

Maybe, he thought to himself, he would get his bruisers to fight for his favour again. Hopped up on steroids and mean to the core, his bruisers enjoyed the physical fights as much as they enjoyed doing his bidding, and were always ready to fight amongst themselves for the spot of his right hand man.

He paused to light another cigar as the remnants of the first were stomped out under his expensive-looking shoes, and then continued to walk, whistling casually as he went.

[10]

Finished

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate