The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Worlds in Books [P/M:E]

Postby SpringsSong » 01/17/2017 11:19 AM

Gehn has no pet form.

Once Tobias fell asleep, Gehn continued his writing for some time.  After a couple of hours, he finally set the notebook aside and looked down at Tobias.  He was sleeping so peacefully, and he couldn't help but smile slightly.

He heard the door open and close, so he gently moved Tobias into a laying position, and he went into the other room.  The medic stood there, taking off the cloak that they wore, looking at Gehn with a question in their eyes.

"We'll be staying here the night, if you don't mind," he said.  "Tomorrow, I'll start building a house nearby.  I'm keeping him here for some observation--a little bit of an experiment.  He's from another world where they have strange concoctions that work directly with procreating.  I'll need your help with him over the next nine months, if this was successful."

The medic tilted their head curiously, but continued to say nothing.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Re: Worlds in Books [P/M:E]

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/17/2017 7:24 PM

This is Tobias. He's in human-form for this RP.

It wasn't until much, much later that Tobias woke up, groggy and disoriented for the most part. He still hadn't quite gotten used to the whole 'waking up on another planet' thing - but it would get better. Of that he was sure. Once he had figured out just where he was, he stretched and made himself aware of his body and how it was feeling. He did have to use the little boy's room, and he did that without too fuss. He only really started paying attention to his actual surroundings once he was on the bed again, searching for his clothing.

While he didn't hear - or see - Gehn anywhere, he was fairly sure he was nearby. He had mentioned something about building a house near here... Perhaps he meant with words? Did the world change if someone was in it while they wrote in changes? That would have been endlessly interesting... He rose and started to look around for the man.

"Gehn? You out here?" It was still raining somewhat, but Tobi peeked his head out the door to see if the man was standing by some place. He might have thought this world was pretty, but he definitely didn't want to be left here.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/18/2017 3:33 PM

"Yes," Gehn said, coming from around the back of the hut.  He wasn't wearing his shirt, and it looked like he had been working rather diligently.  If one were to look around from where he came from, a pile of logs was started, and was steadily getting larger.  "As I said, I'm going to build a house--while I could easily Write it in, I would rather... build it," he said, indicating the pile.

The medic, in the meantime, busied themselves about the garden, still content to remain silent.  They offered a cordial smile to Tobias, however.  Gehn made his way back to the treeline, taking an axe with him to cut down a few more trees.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/18/2017 3:43 PM

Tobias moved quietly over to the pile of wood, and started to sort the pile by size. If they were going to build a house, they needed stuff organized, and that's what Tobi was good at. He took his shirt off, too, and threw himself into his work. While he did so, he kept casting glances at the enigmatic medic. They weren't scary, exactly - just odd. He would have liked to be able to talk to them... if they even could talk. He decided that, after this house was on its way to being built, he'd sneak away at some point and try to have some kind of conversation with them. The medic DID save his life, after-all. They should at least be friends.

"Hey Gehn, I know I'm not a super-lot of use around here, but tell me what I need to do to get this house started. If you have some sort of blueprint, I can start laying out wood and things. I just need another axe, some gloves, and some semblance of an idea of what I'm supposed to be working toward."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/18/2017 4:23 PM

"Blueprint, blueprint... right, it's over here," Gehn said, pointing to some papers that were held down by a stone on a stump.  "Ultimately, my goal is to complete that whole blueprint, but for now, I'm only focusing on the ones labeled 'Entryway', 'Main Hall', 'Bedchamber', and 'Kitchen'.  I'll be gathering stone, later, but for now--the wood is readily at hand, so it makes the most sense to gather it first," he said.

"The entryway will be... here," Gehn said, making an X in the dirt.  "From there, just... outline out where the other rooms will be, if you could, please.  But, please--be careful and don't push yourself too much."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/18/2017 4:29 PM

For a moment, Tobias looked at Gehn as though he'd grown another head. He'd never really had anyone concerned for his welfare before, and it was a strange feeling. Shortly enough, he shook that off, and got to work laying out the foundation, drawing in the dirt, so to speak. He did find gloves and a shovel, but most of the outline work, he preferred to do by hand. It was just more fun that way, and he had more control over where he was going. The house was fairly simple, so the work wasn't hard - just long.

It took him the better part of four hours to get the outlines done. By the time he'd finished, he was panting hard and sweating, so it was time to take a break. While he hadn't noticed anyone preparing anything, he was happy to accept a cool drink from the medic - whom he still didn't know jack about. "Thank you." he said, smiling at them, and flopping onto the bench. At least this way, he didn't feel as though Gehn was doing all the work.

"You want some of this?" he called to Gehn, motioning to his glass. "It's really good, whatever it is."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 01/18/2017 5:03 PM

The medic muttered something--it was very quiet, but the voice was soft and melodic, and more feminine than not.  Gehn turned his attention to the drink in Tobias' hand, and he nodded, putting down the ax coming over to the bench.

"Yes, I would like some of that," Gehn said, looking to the medic and giving a nod to them.  They returned to their hut and mixed up another drink, bringing it out to Gehn before much longer passed.  Gehn took it and offered a nod of thanks, and the medic turned and walked off in the direction of the woods that they had gone into the day before.

"I think they're going to gather more herbs," Gehn said.  "They had a bunch when they came back yesterday."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 01/18/2017 5:10 PM

"Well... herb-collecting I can do. If they told me what they needed, I could go find it..." He sighed, and rested his head back on the bench. "Then again, just drawing an outline and sorting a wood-pile has left me without much energy for anything else." Chuckling, he took another sip of the cool, fruity, mildly-minty drink in his hand. He looked across at Gehn, and considering him for a moment. "If you're pretty sure you've got things in hand... I can do something else. Like maybe start learning stuff to help you? Physical's not my thing. At least, the labor-part of physical. I can outrun cops, do parkour to get away from people, or to get up to a place where I can draw... but ask me to lift iron girders, or dig a trench, and I'm no better than useless two hours in."

His eyes closed for a moment. "Why me, though?" he mused to Gehn. "Why choose me to do your experimental breeding with? I'm nothing special. I'm a street-tough that makes his life by whoring, and tags places in his spare time. I'm not like... a great hero, or incredibly smart, or incredibly strong or fast. Nothing that you'd want in a kid."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate