The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

[A,L,S(?)] Cobwebs [SELF]

Postby jobiehanna » 06/09/2017 12:43 AM

It was dull work - all this cleaning. It'd taken weeks to clean out the mansion for the spring. She'd done her usual cleaning, but on top of that she had to beat the rugs, wash the drapes, scrub the walls, wash the outer windows, and wax the non carpeted areas of the house. There were so many things she had to get done in such a big house, it was nearly summer when she finally got to the brothel.

The brothel was also her responsibility to clean of course, there was not a separate maid for the establishment. Frankie would be happy when all the cleaning was done - he hated to see things dirty, especially the brothel. It was where he had made his name and his money. If it wasn't clean the guests would notice and would not want to come to a dirty brothel.

She swept back a curl of her unruly black hair into the dotted bandanna she wore to keep such things from happening. It was early in the morning and she was almost ready to set out and start her day. Her big green eyes stared back at her from her reflection - tired before the work had even begun. Getting up at sunrise was tiresome. With a sigh she smoothed her patchwork apron and slipped into a pair of comfortable sneakers. She still had to gather her supplies to take over to the Speckled Skygriff.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: [A,L,S(?)] Cobwebs [SELF]

Postby jobiehanna » 06/09/2017 9:15 PM

The man was supposed to leave hours ago. But there he lay, naked on her bed wrapped up in her sheets. She would definitely have to wash those as soon as she could. She didn't want to think of the acts she'd had to perform the night before, but she kept reliving them as she watched the rise and fall of the older man's chest. Even the long, steamy shower she took didn't feel like it'd washed all the dirt away.

A snore tore through the room and Cosette shuddered. How badly she wanted to wake the man - but he was tall and bulky and she didn't want to risk starting a fight.

She glanced at the assortment of items on her nightstand. A wallet, a pocket knife, a cell phone, and a set of car keys from the man's faded work jeans. How she itched to take her payment from that leather wallet, but that would be stealing. She had to wait for the man to wake.

Sunlight was already starting to peak through her window blind - she'd stayed awake all night to prevent him from leaving without paying her. It was uncommon for her to let a client spend the night, but after last night he'd passed out cold and didn't wake up with her gentle prodding. So she sat on her chair by the vanity and waited for him to wake.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/09/2017 9:28 PM

ImageImage

"Why do we have to wake up so early?"

"Before long it will be too hot to work, so we need to get as much as we can done before then."

Two people sat at a small table in the servants' quarters. The first was an older teen with jet black hair that hung into his eyes. The other a tall older man with ginger hair and tan skin. Both of them picked at their breakfast, which consisted of cereal and toast. The housekeeper usually had time to cook an elaborate breakfast, but with spring cleaning underway there was no time for such matters.

"We must shear the old, wilting flowers and replace them with new summer flowers today," the older man, Kurt, said. It was a big job, what with the estate being as big as it was. He loved the help of the boy, even if he was moody.

The boy sighed, "Yeah, I know," he said with a roll of his eyes and a yawn. "I don't like to get up with the sun."

"Oh Adrian, one day you'll come to appreciate the sun rise and enjoy every bit of sunlight, as I do," Kurt said with a grin. In response the boy chuckled and ate more of his cereal. Soon they'd be out in the cool morning, doing their bit of the spring cleaning.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/10/2017 12:07 AM

As Adrian and Kurt finished their breakfast they heard a loud clatter from the storeroom. Both males jumped up and rushed to find the housekeeper surrounded by cleaning supplies scattered on the floor. Kurt gasped and rushed to help her pick up the mess, "Cienna! Darling, you know better than to try to carry so much at once!" He picked up the scrub brush and placed it into the bucket, the soap bottle as well.

The woman giggled and tsked at him, her green eyes dancing. "Imma big girl, I can 'andle it," she drawled. She picked up her mop and bag full of cleaning rags. "There ain't really that much," she added with a smile. She made to take the bucket from Kurt, but he moved so her hand grabbed at the air.

"Let me help you, love," the ginger headed man said with a wide grin. He enjoyed Cienna's company greatly - in fact he wished they could be together more. He was going to jump on this opportunity. She was so good at avoiding him, but really, she was a busy woman - especially during the spring cleaning.

Adrian rolled his eyes, but a smile crept across his face. "We're never gonna get anything done if you guys are just gonna flirt all day," he said with sarcasm.

A blush crept of Cienna's chocolate skin - hard to see but definitely there. "There ain't no flirting going on here," she said with a huff. "Let's get going then." She stormed out of the door and headed toward the two story house where the brothel was.

Behind her Kurt raised his eyebrows at Adrian, watching the woman's hips sway as she stormed away. The teenager laughed and followed after her. Cienna was like a mother to him; Kurt like a father. He didn't mind their romantic banter, but he was a little jealous.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/10/2017 11:08 PM

Cosette was filing her nails when a buzzing noise filled the room. It was followed by loud bell chimes and the phone on the table lit up. The woman jumped in surprise and her eyes darted to the sleeping man. He stirred and his eyes snapped open. His hand jerked and then reached for the phone, swiping right and putting the phone to his ear. "Hello?"

Cosette could hear a voice on the other end of the phone, but she couldn't make out the words. After a few minutes the man said, "Geez woman, I told you I was working late. I fell asleep in my truck, I was too tired to drive home." A couple more seconds of silence on his end, and he rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry, okay? I'll be home in twenty with the milk." He hung the phone up and sat up in the bed. He stretched and yawned, then caught Cosette staring at him. "What are you looking at?"

She shook her head and turned her gaze to the floor. "N-nothing sir," she said quietly.

"Don't you talk about anything you heard now, or I'll have a word with your boss." He grabbed his pants from the floor and yanked them on, then his shirt and boots. He was putting his items in his pockets and heading for the door when Cosette cleared her throat. He paused, his hand on the door handle. "What?" He demanded.

"You didn't pay me yet," she accused, her dark eyes narrowing.

"Fine, here," he said as he shoved bills and coins at her, whatever had been in his wallet. Then he yanked the door open and stomped down the hallway to the steps. Cosette listened as he clunked down the stairs, swung the door open, and slammed it shut. It wasn't unusual that one of her clients had a lover, wife, or girlfriend that he was cheating on by being here. But it made her feel dirty and broken when she discovered such things.

A big sigh escaped her and she counted the money in her hands. It wasn't as much as she'd hoped it would be, but it was better than nothing. Her savings box was under the bed, so she got down on her stomach and wriggled under to pull it out. She stuffed all of it into the box, though she had to leave some out to turn in. After all, this was a business and her boss required his part of the payment.

She shoved the box back under the bed, stood and brushed herself off, then ripped all of the blankets and sheets from the mattress. She just needed to put on some decent clothes, then she could go down to the basement and wash her bed things. She hated that there was sweat and other things on the sheets. It repulsed her - but she had to do it. She still didn't have enough money to go out on her own, or any sort of skill set she could use to get a different job.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items