The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: This Is Uncalled For {Private, M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:28 PM

The curved medical computer screen was far too big to fit inside the little trash can. Sure, it came up to Jarf's waist, but to other people it only came up to their mid thigh. So yes, big trash bags were called for. He squatted in front of the counter that was still built up to a normal one's height, and opened one of its bottom cabinets.

The box of garbage sacks was all but swatted out. Slamming the cabinet shut with his tail. Jarf pulled out one of the black bags that he could very easily fit into. He shook it open, then approached the broken table and scooped the two halves of the screen into it. The pieces clanked and jingled together, and were soon joined by the smaller snapped off pieces of the table, then the chair. It was about time he got a new one any way. Odds were, though, he'd just be made to stand.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:33 PM

But even still, there was plenty of room in the bag for more. And Jarf didn't feel like wasting all that space in one of the bags he likely wouldn't get replacements for until the next supplies shipment came in. Looked like he was going to be doing some spring cleaning. Ugh. That one little part of him laughed. The rest, which was the majority, flipped it off.

Limping his way into the front room, he knocked the potted dead plant on the front "desk" into the bag. Who had even put that there, any how? Probably Hanrael. She was the only one in the Landing concerned with him at least appearing like he had a personality. The empty pill bottles in the display self followed after the flower pot. Again, appearances. He wasn't all that enthusiastic of exhibiting any.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:40 PM

Once the front room was cleared of old and useless items, Jarf hoisted the bag as much as he could and limped his way to the entrance into the operation room. He was careful to not let the bag snag on the entrance's walls nor the cleansing fans jutting out of the floor and ceiling. That would be... awkward, to say the least.

There wasn't much in here that needed to be disposed of, save for the trash can that rested in a corner of the room. So, Jarf did the honours of emptying its contents into the much larger bag that was at least three times his size.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:44 PM

Now for the patients room. There was nobody resting on any of the cots. Had there been, Jarf would have expected them to at least been roused by the ruckus and two gunshots earlier. But with the room vacant, he was left to clear out each of the little cubicles' personal trash bins, and check if anyone had left things in the small bedside dressers.

He was rewarded with fifteen keystones, some business cards, tissues (which he handles with upmost care), and some little propaganda comics. All but the keystones was fed into the trash bag. With a tired huff, he paused his labours to pull off the belts that loped over his coat, then the coat himself, and hung them all on one of the medical curtains that blocked off two of the resting areas.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:52 PM

After the patients' hall was cleaned up, Jarf hauled the steadily heavier growing bag up the stairs that lead up to his personal quarters. Now these stairs, he'd fixed to accommodate his size about a year ago himself. Moseying across from the stairs, he nudged the grey drapes that served as a door out of the way and entered the room that served as both the kitchen and washroom. Three whole trash bins were emptied out into the bag, and he tossed some empty cleaning detergent jars and tubes of toothpaste into it, as well as some of the coffee mugs that were just beyond any hope of being washed.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:59 PM

All that was left now, was his sleeping and living quarters. No, he wasn't touching the room that opened up from in there. Nothing in that room needed to be thrown out, it was all important. Of all the rooms in the clinic, Jarf made sure of that with the secret room most especially.

But his bedroom? It was a disaster. Hell. Miserable and strewn with empty bottles and torn bits of paper. He froze in the doorway, that majority part of him begging to just stop there and call it a day. But he shook it off, and trudged his way in through the entrance, and bent down to start plucking up bottles and stuffing them into the hefty trash bag. Once all the empty bottles were taken care of, he moved onto paper scraps and broken writing utensils.

With the floor and desk (that was in fact a metal door propped on top of two thick wheels) cleared of trash, he decided he may as well as put everything that remained back into their proper places. The couch pillow was scooted to the desk--yes, it was his desk chair, nobody asked you--and he even bothered to make the bed. Sort of. Not much to make when all it was is a mattress, a few pillows, and an old red comforter. Once it mostly resembled a normal bed, though, he picked up all the books and lined them up on the shelf bolted to the wall over his bed.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 7:11 PM

Well... that was about all that needed cleaning out. Jarf sighed in relief, and heffed up the bag and limped out and back down the stairs. The way from there to the front entrance suddenly seemed to much farther away. He really was getting old, wasn't he?

Once more, he kicked the door open, and carried the bag out of the alley way and just past the abandoned shipping crate that served as the spot to leave your trash to be picked up later. And the bag was dropped there, before Jarf headed back into the clinic, hands stuffed in his trouser pockets.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 7:15 PM

Then he made for the exam room, and started dragging the remains of the broken table outside. He left it with the black trash bag with a heavy thump, then turned back down the alleyway. If someone ever pointed out that he was huge for a "rollaby", as if that was merit for him to have super strength or some shit, he'd make sure to kick their teeth out and stick them in the person's eyes just to emphasise how much he'd appreciate it if they kept their opinions to their damn self.

But there was no one to kick, no teeth to shove into eyes, and no reason to say shut the fuck up. So he mumbled to himself incoherently as he carefully towed the damaged cot out to join the bag and table to their soon to be demise in some far off dumpster.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/12/2017 12:55 AM

Limping back down the alley way, Jarf stepped into his clinic and shut the doors behind him. The ageing alien leaned against the heavy wooden doors, clumping a little. He looked around, and tried to feel proud of himself for finally cleaning the place up since the last time almost a year ago. But he just couldn't muster up the self enthusiasm. It was a little hard to do, knowing you were less of a higher up and more of a prisoner with a salary.

With a sigh, though, he pulled the knit cap off his head and ran his claws through the mohawk of thick and wild hair that ridged his head and down the back of his neck, tapering away at his shoulder blades underneath his clothes. The doors were locked behind him before he wound his way through the clinic and clambered up the stairs to drop onto his newly made bed face first.

If he had any legitimate patients come in that day, he may just kill them as well.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer