The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

This Is Uncalled For {Private, M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 3:11 PM

CLUNK. Jarf dropped his feet against the edge of the table and leaned back in his chair. The rickety seat creaked in protest against balancing so precariously on only two prongs. But did the defected alien give a shit? No, not really. About anything, including this dumb ass chair. One leg was crossed over the other, rewarding another metallic clunk as prosthetic met prosthetic. Resting the clipboard on one knee, he looked over the papers clamped to it, grumbling its writing to himself in a low and garbled grumble.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: This Is Uncalled For {Private, M:L,V,G?}

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 3:32 PM

Sitting on the cot across from Jarf, was a bald, spindly and tall man. He seemed both desperate to be there, but also desperate to get the hell out. Jarf couldn't blame the guy. Not too many people outside of the Forlorn crew liked to be in the part of the Slums that had been claimed by, well, said crew. Most tended to wind up shot in the face by the captain or somebody else.

"Name: Barrow, Janrey. Correct?" Jarf arched a brow high under his black knit skull cap to the thin stranger. A pen tapped against the clipboard rhythmically to the elevator music playing in his music. Always playing. It was both amusing and a burning nuisance. Especially when he was trying to focus on talking.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 3:35 PM

Janrey nodded his head fervently, licking his lips in anxiety. "That's righ', sir, that's me, mm-hm. Yerp." He rubbed his sweaty neck as he nodded again and shot the doctor a hole-y smile.

Gods, this kid was at the wrong place. He didn't need a physician, he needed a dentist. But with a shake of his head, Jarf grunted and continued reading through Janrey's form. "Says have severe headaches, profuse sweatin', and nausea?" He glanced back up to Janrey to make sure he confirmed the situation.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 4:26 PM

"Yes siree, yerp." Janrey continued to nod his head like a little bobble head toy, now wringing his hands in his lap.

Jarf remained blank faced. But there was something amiss about this strange acting human. About this entire appointment. He never went anywhere without his stun crossbow. And also his other crossbow, that was one hundred and fifty percent meant for killing. Inhaling, he turned to the next page. "Alright." With another low grunt, he leaned forward, setting the clipboard onto the table.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 4:45 PM

The front prongs of Jarf's chair thumped against the uneven wooden floor, and he pushed himself to his feet. His knees and right hip gave a soft metallic groan. Which was a sign, usually, that something wasn't quite in place, so he took a moment to rectify that, kicking each foot a little until both gave a resounding click.

However, during all this, Janrey had decided to draw out an old revolver. "N-now mister Doctor Jarf, I need you to stay right there where you are." Clicking back the hammer, the human aimed the gun at Jarf's face. It was a small room, but not small enough for Jarf to grab the revolver.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:03 PM

Boom, there it was. The reason Jarf had been paranoid for the past ten or so years. Heaving a rough sigh, Jarf turned to face Janrey. The action made the pimply man wave the gun wildly at him. "I saids to stay right where you are!" The human bared his teeth in a distraught snarl.

"Am staying where am," Jarf retorted flatly, taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

"H-hey now, what're you doin'?!" Janrey peered down at him as he smoked, inching closer to the doctor as if trying to threaten or intimidate him.

"Distractin'," was all Jarf stated in response.

And, of course, Janrey paused, now well close enough to Jarf to be deemed an idiot. "... Huh?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:09 PM

Jarf flicked the cigarette straight into Janrey's face. The burning head seared into the human's cheek and he screeched, firing a shot that grazed through the alien's shoulder. With a growl, he pounced onto the human and wrung the gun out of his hand. Which was now at the very least sprained. The two flailed and thrashed at one another, Janrey's stumbling abut all but trashing the exam room.

But despite his efforts, the gangly human wound up toppling onto his back, heavy metal claws pinning him down. "Holdin' th' gun wrong, kid," Jarf breathed, cocking the revolver in preparation. "Here's a demonstration."

BANG!

Blood, skull shards, and brain matter followed after the bullet as it shot through Janrey's face and into the floorboards. The gore splattered hard against the floor and flicked across Jarf's face. He peered about the room, a frustrated huff escaping him. "Completely uncalled for," he grunted, wiping some grey matter from his cheek with a leather jacket sleeve.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:14 PM

Standing up atop the fresh corpse, he took a better look around the exam room. Janrey wasn't all that useful in life, it seemed. But in death? He was a wonderful perch for the three foot tall creature. And, this wasn't too bad of a gun, in the hands of someone more experienced. So, it was stuffed into his jacket, amongst the rows upon rows of metal canisters of various serums and other weapons.

But the damage to the room, his equipment, was a little disheartening. His ears pinned flat, and he sighed again. Hopping off the corpse, he started the hefty task of dragging him out of the clinic. The body caught on some of the walls' corners, but Jarf had an ingenious solution called pulling on Janrey really really hard. Worked like a charm. And soon enough, the poor sod was hauled up to the front double doors. Which Jarf ever so gracefully kicked open.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:22 PM

Outside, the clinic opened out into the dead end of an alley way. And adjacent to the doorway, was another entrance built into the grimy road. If it could be called such? Jarf leaned down to reach for the hatch's door handles, other fist still curled into Janrey's dirt-encrusted jacket. Not much about this guy had been impressive, huh? Whoever sent him as an assassin should feel ashamed of themselves.

Opening the hatch, Jarf begun dragging Janrey's corpse down the steeply built staircase. It was definitely one hell of an endeavour; the stairs had not been built with shorter beings in mind. Clunk. Fwump. Clang. Thud. By the time Jarf reached the bottom of the flight, he was sore from the waist down, tail included.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:31 PM

And where exactly the stairs took him, was a hallway filled with even more hatches. And each opened to the same thing: Incinerators. Beside each incinerator was a table with stacks of papers and a number of pens, depending on how many had been pilfered. Luckily, most had been replaced, now that regulations on who could go down to the incineration room had been limited to higher ups.

Approaching one of the incinerators, Jarf swung the hatch open, then pulled Janrey up. With a low, guttural sound, the corpse was heaved up by the oversized "rollaby", and slowly eased into the incinerator. The process in whole took a little under ten minutes. But eventually, he was at last free of a miserable excuse of a dead assassin, and he slammed the hatch shut. Once he was sure it was properly sealed, he turned the thing on and watched the flames. It was... therapeutic.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:36 PM

But with the body taken care of, there was the mess to clean up. Heaving another groan, Jarf pulled himself up one stairs, then the next, until he found himself up in the alleyway again. He trudged into his clinic, then came back out with a mop and filled bucket.

He started with just outside the clinic, mopping up the brownish muck that had once been blood and brain matter that had mixed with the ground's mud. The gruelly path to the stairs was mopped as clean as Jarf bothered to try, then he made his way down each stair, cleaning them up individually. If only someone had had the brains to figure out that, if the head medic, who was thus head charge of taking care of bodies, was below four feet tall, they'd ought to have made getting up and down to the incinerators easier for him?

But no, no. Everything had to be hard for Jarf. His shack of a clinic wasn't even medically safe. But the last several times he'd brought that up just got him tazed.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:39 PM

So, here he was, mopping up the last stair in the flight. Once it was a more acceptable level of disgusting, he slid down to the floor, mop and bucket toted along so he could clean up the remaining trail that snaked from the hard floor up the still live incinerator.

Jarf was careful not to get the mop caught in the hatch.

And now, all of the blood and gore that had gotten all over the place outside was gone. All that was left was the trail inside the clinic. Picking up the bucket again, he clambered up the flight of stairs. At least he got his exercise.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 5:45 PM

Closing the cellar hatch behind him, Jarf limped back into his clinic and pulled the doors shut with a heavy fwump. His head tipped to the side to look down at the old rug. That would have to be pitched, he decided, and moved on to clean up as much of the blood trail as possible with the mop.

Turn right from the front hallway, take a near immediate left into the exam room. He could do this in his sleep--yes, even the mopping part. So many people bled in here. And almost never was it his sole fault. Assassins getting shot in the head or anywhere else didn't count, getting shot was completely on them and no one would convince Jarf otherwise. But once the exam room was mopped up, he looked over his shoulder to discern whether the remaining trail was worth getting the bleach out for.

After a few seconds, he shook his head. Nah. It'd be fine like that.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:08 PM

But the room itself was still a disaster. Yet another sigh came out of the failed experiment, and he took the mop and bucket outside to dispose of the now murky cleaning solution. He toted it out of the alley way and around the rows of buildings (that were, he would bitterly admit, much more nicely built in comparison to his clinic and the rest of the slums), heading to an abandoned patch of earth and dumping the mop.

He returned to the clinic building, leaving the bucket and mop in a corner to clean up more thoroughly later. But right now, there was a broken table, propped medical screen, cot, and various supplies, that all needed to be thrown out.

Some part of Jarf reminded him how it was ironic that this was going on during the spring. He informed that part of himself that he didn't quite fucking care.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 06/09/2017 6:20 PM

Well, guess she should start with the smaller objects. Jarf bent down and plucked up each main pieces of broken supplies; snapped tongue depressors, bent Q-tips, shattered syringes, and the unfortunate bandage container that had been shot through. Any stray bits of glass or other materials would be left up to a broom for picking up. He dumped the pieces into the trash can after he set it back upright, and put what had already been inside of it, back into it. He was probably going to need some larger trash bags, he could tell already.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer