The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Collecting a Bounty [Self] [V/L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:16 PM

Sneaking down an alleyway in the middle of the slums seemed like no place for a woman, but such a thing was commonplace for Toxic. Targets often hid in such nasty, sketchy places. Her steps were light and stealthy, in spite of the heavy combat boots she wore, and she held one of her customized hand guns at the ready, prepared to shoot if someone tried to take her by surprise. It was, quite possibly, the least dangerous of her weapons, but it would do the trick.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Collecting a Bounty [Self] [V/L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:20 PM

The woman knew the slums like the back of her hand, having worked it so often. She memorized the layout of every street, every building, every gate that might block a path, and even anything underground that could be used as a passageway. Evidently, she knew it even better than those that hid there to try to escape the authorities and other hunters, like herself, since the man she was following was making his way to a dead end. He must have not known this, but she did.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:25 PM

Soon, he was going to be like a rat in a trap, with nowhere else to run.

When Toxic came to the corner, she positioned herself with her back against the wall and peaked it with just her eyes and her gun. She had caught up to the man, whom probably had thought he had shaken her, since he wasn't running now. He must have not gotten out much, since he was already out of breath from fleeing her this far, and resorted to walking.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:29 PM

She leaned back in as soon as she caught sight of him and summed up the situation, back out of his sight, in case he thought to look back. He obviously didn't know that the gate in the fence ahead, that reached up at least a story tall, wouldn't open. It was bound with chain and locked up tight. While it was possible to climb, as it was only a chain link fence, he wouldn't be able to scale it fast enough to escape her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:32 PM

"Z, I have found the target. He's cornered." The woman spoke quietly, so her voice would only be picked up by the communications device that was neatly situated into one of her ears. It was wonderfully hands free, and connected to any other of the matching devices, so all other members of her hunting party could hear not only what she was saying, but what was going on around her, too. It was of her partner's own invention and design.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:38 PM

As soon as she made such a report, Toxic rattled off the location. Same as her, Z, and all the others, knew the slums, too. Once she rattled off the address of the buildings on either side of the alleyway, indicating their position, they knew exactly where she, and the target, were.

"Don't go in alone," a voice, belonging to Z, was only heard in her ear, and the ears of all the others currently wearing the comms device.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:42 PM

"I am going in," she informed them, insisting on it, without missing a beat.

"Hey, I'm not even with you! Don't go in!" A third voice came in over comms device. This voice belonged to one of her other companions, an Avalanche Panzer. At one point, he had a human form, but he no longer had access to it, having been cursed to remain a creature for the rest of his days.

He'd been alongside Toxic only moments before, but had gone separate ways in their pursuit of the target.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:47 PM

"Mads," she referred to the Panzer as such, a shorthand for the name she gave him when she took him into her home, Madness. He liked the name well enough, since his previous name was of no importance.
"You're close, so just follow up and cover me. If I don't act now, he'll get away again. I will be fine." The last line wasn't just for the Panzer, but for Z, and everyone else. Toxic could handle herself, even solo.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:50 PM

There was no time to lose. Just chatting with them like this had taken up more time than it should have. She peaked into the alleyway one more time, in the same exact fashion as before, and realized that the man had discovered the locked gate. He was aggressively shaking the gate, it and the chain locking it rattling, but it was an entirely futile gesture. Just shaking it wouldn't unlock the lock that bound it shut.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2017 1:59 PM

Ignoring the multiple protests going off in her ear, not just Z and Madness anymore, but from other hunters, too, Toxic confirmed once more, "I'm going in. Now." She had to act. There was no other choice. The bounty couldn't go free.

Armed with her gun, which was aimed very carefully at the man, the woman turned the corner and approached. The rattling of the gate covered up any possible sound, however slight, that she did make.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:36 PM

The man that she had been pursuing had stopped just rattling the gate now, and began to reach for purchase, which was all too easy with the design of the fence. Chain link fences were far more easier to scale than wooden fences or the likes, and Toxic was well aware of this. She'd been climbing over such fences since she was preschool aged.

It took him only a brief moment to have both hands and feet secure on the fence.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:37 PM

The climb was going to be a little wobbly, that was for sure, but still easy to manage. The man still had yet to realize that the bounty hunter was closing in on him, not even thinking to turn around, but more preoccupied with the idea that he had to hurry, as well as cursing his luck for choosing to run down an alleyway that ended up being blocked off. Were it not for that, he'd already be even more long gone.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:41 PM

The man had finally began to move his feet, taking a single stride up the fence while desperately clutching onto it, adjusting to it bending a little under his weight, when the woman loudly and purposefully cleared her throat, Ahem?" Which was promptly followed with feeling the barrel of the gun she carried pressed against his back. It was a slightly awkward reach, but she still managed, just fine. He hadn't climbed enough that she was unable to do so.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:43 PM

Initially, upon hearing her voice as she cleared her throat, the man froze, but only for just a moment. In the split second that followed, he thought to turn around and face her, to fight her, as she wasn't the only one armed, but before he could actually react, he felt what was undoubtedly the barrel of a gun pressed against him. One wrong move, and he was done for. If she happened to have the guts to actually shoot.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:48 PM

It was impossible for him to be certain that the woman was only armed with a gun that was designed to stun rather than to kill; he'd heard the rumors about her and some of the other bounty hunters that she associated with. They were actually becoming somewhat decently known in the underworld. And even though it was said that she preferred not to kill, that didn't mean that she wouldn't. She was supposedly less scary than the man she worked with, though.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next