The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Collecting a Bounty [Self] [V/L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:50 PM

The man didn't make a move, while considering his options; he hadn't even uttered a single word even while held at gunpoint.

Toxic didn't seem to like this fact, knowing all too well that the man was likely considering his options now, given that he just didn't surrender right away. He was probably even thinking something along the lines of, "Oh, she's not so scary," compared to Z or the others. Maybe he was even belittling her because she was a woman.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:52 PM

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you," it was Toxic that broke the silence that was just a little too long. Rather than waiting for him to take action, to try to fight back, and she ending up actually having to pull the trigger or risk her own safety, this was the best course of action now, since she didn't have any back up with her yet.

"You know why they call me 'Toxic,' don't you?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:54 PM

The question was mostly hypothetical, of course. It was highly unlikely that he knew the answer; she very much doubted that any rumors about that had gotten around yet, since she entirely preferred not having to expose herself in such a way. If she could take out bounties with just her gun, that was much more ideal.

"What the fuck are you barking about?!" the man replied to her question, sounding even more irritated than she expected.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 3:58 PM

It sounded like a threat, and that was what the man found irritating. That she had the gall to threaten him, and it had nothing to do with the gun pushed up against him. But how long could she stay like that, without shooting, without moving? Certainly, the gun would start to feel a little heavy if they drew this out, wouldn't it? Rather than shooting him then and there, she resorted to some sort of asinine threat while talking about her shitty name.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/27/2018 4:03 PM

His response, though it was more charged than the woman had been expecting, made the woman grin in an almost too twisted sort of way. She was supposed to be the good guy, wasn't she? Did it make any sense that she enjoyed this?

A strange, sickly green vapor began to waft off of the hand of hers that held onto the gun, and the vapor soon built up into a liquid that dripped from her manicured fingertips.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous