The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Finding Lost Color [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/06/2019 11:06 PM

She was in the shopping district, after all. So that was probably her best bet.

Lost her thoughts, the woman made a mistake, not paying as much attention as she should have, as she typically tried to, of her surroundings.

The sudden cold feeling of metal against the warm flesh of her neck had her once green eyes first going wide, then narrowing dangerously as they shifted toward the man that held a knife to her throat.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/06/2019 11:11 PM

It was a familiar face. Someone that she had turned in for a bounty in the past. He must have been released, she thought, and she cursed herself for not paying enough attention to the world around her.

"Hello again," the man's voice was full of malice. "I never thought I'd see you around here again. Let alone without your partner and with your guard down."

"Whoever said I didn't have my partner?" Toxic dared to question, her voice both even and dripping with venom.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/06/2019 11:13 PM

But the fact was, Z wasn't close.

He could hear the exchange of words over the comms device that she wore, and know that she was in danger because of it, but he was too far away to do anything. Yet.

Toxic needed to buy time, and she knew that. Even though he was in a different city, all it would take was Mixie. Hell, Z didn't even have to lift a finger. All they needed was Mixie or Chessie, both of which could instantly teleport the woman away from the knife and to safety.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/06/2019 11:16 PM

"There are more eyes in this city than you know," the man replied to her easily.

"Then they must be blind," she shot back. "I'm not alone."

And she wasn't, even though she didn't exactly know that. It was a bluff, since she knew that she would not be alone for long. And, truly, she never was actually alone, with how carefully connected she and her partners were.

But even before one of them could act, someone else did.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/06/2019 11:26 PM

In a flash of green, Thrash had appeared from nothingness in his winged, though human form, forcing the blade out of the assailant's hand and shoving him away from his charge all in one swift movement. He stood between the other man and the woman with the vibrantly green tipped wings of his extended, shielding most of Toxic from view of the assailant.

"I do believe she said she wasn't alone," Thrash found himself saying, before he even realized just what he had done. That he had revealed himself to her.

[Color Harvested]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous