The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

[14] [13]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/11/2020 5:28 PM

The other hunter looked at their partner, and then up as well. They noticed the large sign at the top of the building, the name striking a bell of a well-known establishment within the Slums. "That bar, huh," the hunter mused quietly to themselves.

The Draculi eyed the two of them patiently, candle still burning bright in his hand.

Eventually, the more aggressive hunter looked back at the Draculi. "Fine," they huffed. "I've heard good things about this place."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

[14] [14]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/11/2020 5:34 PM

"But we need that Chimerantula," they continued, and they sounded more aggravated than angry, now.

"Yeah," the other agreed. "We gotta make bank, guy," they pointed out, and they snickered, a sort of blood-chilling laugh devoid of any concern for the life they were hunting down.

"Of course," the Draculi agreed. "I will keep an eye out — once the power has returned, of course."

Seeming satisfied, the two hunters left, and the Draculi slowly closed the door, drowning the building in darkness once again.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[15] [15]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/11/2020 5:40 PM

The Draculi waited by the door, watching the outside through the tiny hole in the door. He could also hear commotion outside still, as the ragtag group of hunters got back together, shared intel, and then disappeared elsewhere, continuing their chase.

Once the noises had calmed down, he turned towards the general direction where the Chimerantula was hiding in the darkness, extending the candle to see if she was still there.

And there she was, looking significantly relieved, but if also confused.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[16] [16]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/11/2020 5:44 PM

After a short, awkward silence, she moved away from the wall, and wrapped a few of her many arms around her chest. "Thank you," she said quietly. "You saved my life today."

The Draculi nodded a little. "Of course," he assured her. "But you cannot leave yet. These hunters will scour this area for a while longer. You risk being found."

The Chimerantula heard him, but she was still confused. "Why?" she finally asked. "Why lie and protect me?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[17] [17]

Postby Jaykobell » 04/11/2020 5:51 PM

The Draculi didn't look surprised hearing the question; almost as if he had heard this one before, many times. "I help those who need it," he replied simply, and with a genuine feel to the words that the Chimerantula thought she could trust. "I am aware Chimerantulas are often hunted in these parts. I have no interest in murder."

Despite his somewhat distant demeanor, the Chimerantula could see herself feeling safe with this Draculi. "Well," she said, almost shyly, "thank you for your help. I'm glad there are people who aren't... like that."

[Wild Pet Found]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous