The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Xavier [V]

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 8:01 PM

The door of the truck opening yanked Xavier out of his daze.

"I'm sorry to have brought you here like this," said the doctor, "believe me when I say I meant you no ill will. I need your help with something private. If I did not take you from that hospital they would have never let you out."

Xavier had never been one for fighting, but prepared for his first.

"Why would I believe you? You kidnapped me?" he shouted.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 8:04 PM

"It does seem like that doesn't it?" asked the doctor. "Have I harmed you in any way? No. I took you out of situation that I promise you would be far worse."

"I don't understand," said Xavier. "I get that I'm not exactly normal anymore, but surely..."

"You're not normal," stated the doctor. "Maybe you wouldn't have stayed in the hospital all your life, but don't think you wouldn't have escaped before tests were ran. You would not have left there the same."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 8:06 PM

"So you saved me so I could do a favor for you?" asked Xavier. "You saved me from one prison so I would be in your debt?"

"No," said the doctor. "I saved you to save you. What you do next is completely up to you. I just humbly ask a favor from you."

"So you won't stop me from leaving?" asked Xavier.

"I'm not sure I could if I wanted to," replied the doctor.

Xavier laughed, despite the situation. "I can be beaten by a flashlight, don't make me out as more than I am."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 8:08 PM

"That's very possible," said the doctor, "lucky for you I don't have anything that bright on hand."

Xavier looked around to see he was in the open under a night sky. Nothing could stop him should he decide to run.

"What is it you want from me?" asked Xavier.

"Not me exactly, but I have a friend who lost something. She wants you to fetch it for her." said the doctor.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 8:11 PM

"Why not fetch it herself?" asked Xavier.

"She's living. She has means to get most anything, but what she has lost lies in a place where no living thing can go. Her lost one is in the underworld." said the doctor.

"I can't go there," said Xavier, "I'm still alive. At least, I'm kind of alive."

"You don't have a heartbeat," replied the doctor. "Maybe that will be enough."

"Why would I go? I know I'm indebted with you, but that's a big ask," said Xavier.

"She will give you what you need," said the doctor. "She just needs you to be the one who goes."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 8:14 PM

"Where do I find her?" asked Xavier.

"Craiss caverns," replied the doctor. "She has a small coven there."

"You want me to help a witch?" asked Xavier.

"I do," said the doctor, "but it is your choice to make."

"I suppose I could go speak with her," said Xavier. "I make no promises."

"Thank you," said the doctor, "I can take you to her. She will protect you from those who may search for you."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous