The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Xavier [V]

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 8:00 PM

“Would you stop shining the lights!” Xavier yelled, “I can’t see.”

Tears welled in the corner of his eyes, but still they ignored him.

“I can’t find a pulse!” someone yelled in the midst of blinding light.

He couldn’t hold back the tears after that. A tear dropped down each side of Xavier’s face.

“Neither could I,” he whispered.

Immediately after, Xavier went into a fit of sobs. He wailed loudly as tears fell down like a rainstorm.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 8:00 PM

It was a blur to Xavier on how he ended up at the hospital, but he had not slept. In fact, he wasn’t even tired. Xavier chalked it up to being a side effect of being dead. He did remember someone suggesting shocking him back to life at some point, but that was quickly shot down. He was grateful for that small mercy. At one point someone had turned off the light to his room. It was the first time since arriving at the hospital that he was able to see clearly.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 8:01 PM

Once the lights were off he could see as well as anyone could see in broad daylight. He shouldn’t have been able to. Even night vision goggles would not have made his vision this clear in the darkness. In the darkness he could see colors clearly. Although, there were not many colors to be seen in his room. Everything was white. He was beginning to loathe the color. The only speck of color in the entire room was a tiny poster pasted to the door. It was a warning about the dangers of smoking.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 8:56 PM

A knock came at the door.

"Come in," said Xavier, but please leave the light off.

Two men walked in the room.

"May we turn on a small lamp? Enough for us to see okay?" asked one.

"Yes, that would be fine."

There was a small click and Xavier's world became a little foggy. He still had not gotten used to light acting as a dark used to.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 8:59 PM

One of the men who entered wore a white lab coat, while the other wore a police uniform.

"I wanted to ask you some questions and grab a statement, but first thought we would try to answer any questions you might have. I am allowing the doctor to sit in on this so that he can help with that. I'm assuming you have many questions. We can start with your individual questions or we can just tell you what we know."

"Please," said Xavier, "Just tell me everything you know."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 9:03 PM

"I want to start by telling you that I'm not here because you are in any trouble," said the officer.

Xavier hadn't even considered that as a possibility. He was the one who had been wronged here.

"I am here because a crime has been committed, but we have already cleared you of any wrongdoing. The rubble you saw was due to one of the local businesses experimenting with nuclear energy. We have pinpointed the owner and had he survived we would be prosecuting right now. Unfortunately, you were hit by a blast of nuclear energy when something went wrong. This business had no right to be experimenting in this way and I do apologize that you are now feeling the pain of someone else's wrongs."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 9:05 PM

"I don't feel anything now," said Xavier. "I mean I can feel textures and weight, but I feel no pain. It's funny you mention the word feeling when that's exactly what was taken from me."

The doctor scribbled notes onto a clipboard.

"I can't imagine what you are going through. Unfortunately, that's about all the information I have on the situation. I'm hoping the doctor here can clear up concerns about your current... situation," said the officer.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 9:09 PM

The doctor cleared his throat and began, "It has happened before that DNA will respond to nuclear energy in an odd way. In medical terms, I would label you as deceased. Still, you are clearly conscious even without a heartbeat. I have noticed some other side effects. You react terribly to light, but are able to see in the dark. Now you mention you do not feel pain. Is that correct?"

"Yes."

"I'm afraid I can't give you specifics on what your condition will be like. Every situation of nuclear DNA change is different. I can only help you as problems arise. I am unable to tell what problems should arise."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 9:13 PM

"We will start with your light sensitivity," continued the doctor. "I have ordered you a pair of specialized sunglasses that may help. I have also contacted a therapist to-"

"No," said Xavier. "No therapy."

"I want you to know there will be no experimentation or even studies that you don't first approve. This won't be like what you might have seen in movies. No one here will ever do anything that you have not first approved."

"No therapists."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 9:18 PM

"Understood," said the doctor, "and it is your right to make your choices. Still, if you change your mind I have someone in mind for you. Until then, I wanted to let you IV medications will not work for you. Your blood isn't exactly blood anymore. I think you are being kept living by nuclear energy instead of blood. It seems to have not affected your cognitive abilities, but your eyesight and pain sensors have been. You do not have a pulse but this nuclear energy is moving inside of you at a slow rate. We know that it is nuclear energy and not oxygen supplying life. We do not know how long it will last so we do not have an average lifespan for someone with your condition. We do not see any signs of the energy deteriorating. It is very possible that you will live a somewhat normal life."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/21/2020 11:34 PM

"I just want to leave," said Xavier.

"I can't stop you," said the doctor," but I would like you to wait until your glasses come in. I want you to live the most comfortable life you can. What happened was a severe injustice. Your medical bills are being taken care of and should you ever need any more assistance your bills will continue to be taken care of. I am here to help you to the best of my ability. Of course, I will be writing journals on what I discover, but no tests will be conducted without prior permission."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/22/2020 4:24 AM

The doctor had promised Xavier his glasses would be in by this afternoon. He spent the time waiting by staring at clock, watching the seconds tick by. The doctor or a nurse would come in about once every hour to check on him.

Xavier had become aware of a slight buzz within his body. He assumed this was the nuclear energy keeping him alive-ish. He hated that he could not see in broad daylight, but he did enjoy the hum of energy within him. He was finally starting to feel alive again.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/22/2020 4:26 AM

Finally the time came for Xavier to get his glasses.

"If you don't mind I will just put this blindfold on you to take you to a room where we can test the glasses. You can alternatively just shut your eyes, but I think this will make the process more comfortable for you." the doctor said.

Xavier agreed and then he was being led by the hand down the hospital halls.

"Just wait here. I will go grab the glasses for you."
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 11/22/2020 4:31 AM

Xavier was beginning to worry as the minutes ticked passed and the doctor still hadn't returned.

"Doctor? Can you shut the light off so I can take off this blindfold?"

Suddenly, Xavier was knocked to the floor as the ground shifted underneath him. He yanked the blindfold off. Xavier looked around in confusion. The walls and floor were metal. The room he was in was moving. As his thoughts became more clear he realized he was in the back of the truck.

Xavier was being taken.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/13/2020 6:01 PM

Xavier was thrown around the truck as it moved along. For a moment, Xavier was thankful for his new situation. At least now he didn't feel pain as he slammed into the walls of the truck.

Where are you taking me? Why are you taking me?

Xavier was different now. He was a normal creature at there was little known about him. He would be little more than a lab rat. This was certain.

Xavier sat on the bed of the truck and let it pull him into the walls. He had given up.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext