The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Butting Heads (Jaykobell and I)[M:E]

Postby Kitsumi » 12/29/2020 4:13 PM

ImageImage
Roman & Rylan

"So uhh, are you sure we're in the right place?" Rylan, the younger of the two men, glanced around warily. This place seemed shady to him, and he didn't like it. If it were up to him, the two of them wouldn't have ventured into the slums.

But Roman had given him no choice. "This is the place," he confirmed. "I was hoping to get here earlier, but someone insisted on moving slowly." He glared at his brother, clearly unhappy. "Now we're going to have to find a place to stay for the night. So look around, and see if you can find anything that looks... acceptable." If a place like that even exists, he thought to himself, but didn't say aloud.

A few minutes later, the two found themselves standing in front of some sort of tavern. Without even checking to see if it were open, Roman began pounding on the door.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Re: Butting Heads (Jaykobell and I)[M:E]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/29/2020 8:50 PM

Things had been eventful lately. Then again, perhaps it was redundant to say that, since things were always eventful in this town. A little unsettling how it had become his "normal".

Only a few lights were turned on in the bar, just enough to give a little bit of an ambience. In fact, the bar was closed to the public for a little bit. Only for the matter of a few days.

So he was a little irritated when he heard banging at the door. He tried to pay it no mind, instead continuing to wash and clean his glasses. Alas, the more he tried to ignore the noise, the louder it became. He took a deep breath and exhaled from his nose.

He slowly opened the door. His elegant and dapper looks gave nothing away about the fact he truly could have done without this. "Good evening," he greeted with a quiet and smooth voice. "May I help you?" he offered, his sharp feline eyes looking the two brothers carefully. Indeed, those red eyes were striking against his thick pitch-black fur.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/29/2020 9:38 PM

"Rome, I don't think anyone's gonna-" Rylan was just beginning to pull his brother away when the door opened. His expression was apologetic as he met the gaze of the draculi who opened the door. He found himself gulping slightly, a bit put off by the unexpected, slightly intimidating appearance.

Roman, on the other hand, was completely unbothered. "The two of us are looking for food and shelter, but it doesn't seem that this disgusting city has much of either," he said. "Your establishment, however, seems nicer than the others we've passed. I was hoping that you could accommodate us. Money is no object, and we will make sure that you are properly reimbursed."

"Uh, as long as it isn't a bother," Rylan added quickly, elbowing his brother sharply in the ribs. He had told the elder sibling time and time again that they would get a much better response from people if he acted more friendly... but Roman was too set in his ways.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/30/2020 2:00 AM

The Draculi's eyes shifted subtly between the two brothers as they spoke. His gut told him that these two were suspicious — at least, the aggressive brother was. He knew virtually everyone in town, but he had never seen these two, either.

But beyond his eyes burning through the two, the Draculi's body gave nothing away of his inner workings. "I cannot offer you shelter," he began, "but I know a place. I can try to contact the owner." He would be lying if his brain hadn't thought of including a passive-aggressive quip, a little insulted at Roman's hoity-toity words, but after so long on the job, he knew it was pointless. It wouldn't change this man's opinion.

"This is a bar, so most of what I have is alcohol, but I have some foods available," he continued, and he stepped away from the door, should the two wish to walk in. "If it may hold you over for now."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/02/2021 2:06 AM

Honestly, it was something of a surprise that the Draculi treated them calmly. The brothers were used to suspicious stares. As often as they travelled, they had never really set down roots anywhere. So wherever they went, they were considered strangers. And then of course, Roman's attitude certainly didn't help.

Although it was a bit disappointing to hear that they would not find a room here, the offer of food was too tempting to pass up. "I could use a drink anyways," Roman said, stepping inside the building. "If you will attempt to contact this 'place' you know about, we'll wait here if you don't mind." Looking around at the interior, which seemed oddly empty for a bar, he added, "It looks like you could use the business."

Rylan, following closely behind his brother, paused to mumble quietly, "Sorry about him. We've been on the road a while, which tends to make him cranky. We appreciate the hospitality, really."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/10/2021 9:34 PM

[/color][/color]
He seemed hardly bothered by Roman's attitude, equally unfazed by Rylan's apology. "That's quite all right. I have seen worse." It wasn't uncommon for some visitors to become absolutely ruthless under the influence of alcohol. He had learned to let most things go over his head. The majority, if not all folks, who ranted and got angry under the influence had no idea what they were saying, nor what they were doing. So could the Draculi really blame them?

Roman's comment was certainly ignorant, but the Draculi didn't care to correct him or argue with him. "All business is appreciated," he said simply, and he guided the two brothers to a small table by the side. Thick, comfortable couch seats sandwiched the table. Two small menus were also on the table, listing only a handful of foods; select finger foods and some generic bar foods, like fries, hamburgers... And nearby, a lengthy menu listing all the drinks available; the selection included some basic drinks, some fancier ones, and then some drinks that seemed unique to this bar.

"Make yourselves at home," he invited. "I will communicate with my acquaintance while you make your selection."

He bowed just slightly, and then turned around to head up the flight of stairs located around the back of the bar.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate