The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Finding Family, Facing Feeling [Event]

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:45 AM

(I don't have a pet form for Ura yet, so this Shartile will be a stand-in)

The stones were cold against her bare feet as Ura stepped out into the night air. Taking one last glance behind her, she imprinted the warm feeling of a well kept home, the smell of coffee only slightly covered by the abundance of plant life, the walls decorated with frames all before the door creaked shut. It was... a very alien feeling after having been on her own for so long. So foreign that she didn't know how to process it all.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:46 AM

This meant she had a family, huh? Well, not that the colony hadn't been a family of sorts, and Ura had always figured her parents must have been part of the colony too. But… she didn't remember ever having lived on the surface, let alone…. No, no, she'd chosen to forget. It had been so easy. She was so young when it all happened that it was easy to pretend she'd never had family in the first place and just slowly let the memories fade over the years, locking them in the far recesses of her consciousness.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

And yet for all that effort, as she continued into the city streets the vague memories she'd done her best to bury all these years began to bubble up. Her claws tightly clenched the invisible form at her side as her jaws tensed. She didn't want to remember her. A horrible excuse of an aunt. Ura couldn't understand the words she had said back then, but she could remember the feeling. Even babies could understand feelings, and Ura knew the disdain her aunt held for her as she took her in that terrible night.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

And now knowing that Sulyassa had come looking for her, that she could have had someone that actually cared take her in, Ura couldn't help but feel actual feelings of hate for Rum Tum welling up within her. But the feelings would be cast aside as she felt a tug, the form held tightly in her claws pulling away as an indication it was about to fade. "Ah… Right," she said with a sigh and loosened her grip, allowing her companion to fade into the night. Time up. She needed something more… visual to talk to right now anyways.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Finding Family, Facing Feeling [Event]

Given recent developments that could have been Valor, but she wasn't ready to talk to her new coworkers like that  - if she'd ever be. Besides, they were just that; coworkers, nothing more. They were just getting paid to investigate as a group. It wasn't like they were asking to be allowed to travel together. Though… she had actually made sure Sulyassa knew they were a group of four when she and Daeva were officially transferring to the Heapside branch. And it was quite nice feeling like they needed her to get around the city…
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Finding Family, Facing Feeling [Event]

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:47 AM

Shaking her head, Ura cast aside even the smallest consideration of talking to any of them about it. No, she had her own way of dealing with things, and she wasn't going to be changing that any time soon. Instead she found herself a nice unoccupied alleyway a street or two down from The Helm and settled down next to one of the sewer grates. Taking out one of the smaller pieces of cheese Sulyassa had allowed her to take with her she crumbled it into smaller pieces which she set on the ground next to her.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:48 AM

One hand reached into her robes and gently scooped up Snax to set him down on the ground. Meanwhile, the other hand waved over the sewer grate. From below the city streets, water began to rise, slowly taking a crude form vaguely resembling another Kobold in front of them before being frozen in place. It had no real defined features, but it was what little she had the power to do for now, which was good enough.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:48 AM

Ura scowled at the form for a few seconds before turning her gaze down to Snax, watching as he eagerly crammed a crumb of cheese into his cheeks. "I… I don't hate her, not really," she started out, drawing her legs into her arms as she curled in on herself and rested her chin on her knees. The mouse couldn't understand a single word she spoke, but really that was what she wanted. She could've used a spell and then they could've talked.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:49 AM

But it wasn't like a mouse was going to really understand even if he could speak. Nah, she just needed to be able to talk at him.

"She did take me in. Even if just long enough to make me anyone else's problem." Her head rolled to the side, cheek pushing up against her knees. "Besides, for all I know I would've been dead before Sulyassa found me anyways… Would've been nice to just. Keep that memory locked away, yeh? Continue pretending I was just.. part of the pack…"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:49 AM

As she rambled one of her hands had idly taken hold of the scale Sulyassa had ripped from her arm earlier in the day. Her claws picked at it, fingers rolled it around. "Heh," she snickered to herself, drawing the scale up to meet her gaze and staring at the shimmering bronze trapped deep inside. "Wasn't doing a good enough job lying to myself anyways, calling myself a young dragonborn to idiots that didn't know any better. Maybe the ones that believed me were the smart ones after all."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:50 AM

That raised even more questions, all of which she wasn't sure anyone had answers for. Well, not unless her parents were alive out there somewhere. She at least wanted to think she was an adult still, but was she? Could she actually breathe lightning all this time and just didn't know it? Was she going to get any taller? Probably… wouldn't hurt to ask Sulyassa, right? At worst she just wouldn't know. That would mean committing to more one on one time though, which just felt. Wrong. Or like something would go wrong. Something always went wrong.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/16/2021 11:50 AM

Her toes scratched at the ground beneath her as she stared down the frozen figure in contemplation. "I think…." she started out, pausing as if the moment she said it there was no going back. "I think I'd like to visit again tomorrow night. If we're alive after whatever we get sent out to do tomorrow I guess."

For a while after giving the open air her intention Ura sat in silence, allowing her companion to finish his meal. Eventually, once she decided she was ready, Ura allowed the spell on the ice to fade and the water began to trickle back down the drain. She would scoop Snax back up, ensure he was safely tucked into her hood, and had back the room they'd purchased for the night. Sleep was certainly going to be. Interesting.

[Crystal Synthesis Complete]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate