The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Another night of clubbing {Private}

Postby Redd » 03/14/2008 4:22 AM

..:: Xest ::..

A dark figure moved amoungst the the muck and the grime, hands tucked into jacket pockets, flaming red tails trailing along behind him.
Xest always liked the alleys.
He could just stay out their for hours on end, breathing in the cold, nippy air and maybe chatting to a few chicks.
But today, he was headed to the club, one of his favorite places.
He loved clubbing, the bright lights, the pulsing music, the babes...
It was no wonder his official title Krypto had given him.
The one Who Walks with Flashing Lights
Well, it was the closest description it could get to in a title.

He exhaled heavily, sending a mist into the air.
"I wonder how that happens, its not unlike the smoke machines some clubs use." He pondered to himself.
He smiled. Sometimes he could start wondering about the most ridiculous things.
He glanced around. Excellent. The place was empty, the perfect.
It would be a good place to use if he needed a bit of fresh air.

Nodding to a few people who stood at the entrance to the bar, he slipped inside.

Pushing his way through the crowd of writhing bodies, he made his way to the bar.
"Just chuck me anything, something to keep me goin, all night." He asked the man who stood there.
He took the drink that was offered and thirstily drank its contents.
He suddenly felt something course through his body, most likely the alcohol that was in the drink, but whatever it was, it made him feel very awake.

All the stories
And the loopholes
Guess you found my heart wasn't enough?
Throw another of your right hooks
Never thought you'd leave me in the dust
Now you're hungry for the control
Take the last of what I've got

Guess my heart wasn't enough

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 902
Donate
Status: Around, kinda! Feel free to reach out if there's any issues.

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/14/2008 7:13 PM

Clone

She, for one, wasn't at all interested in the bar or this particular city location. In fact, she could easily declare that she hated drinking with every fiber of her being, and she often did. If that was all the case, then why was she here exactly? Once reason: the club. Clone's favorite happened to be rave clubs, simply because she loved the upbeat style of the music and then all the vibrant flashing lights. Because the bar was acting as a club at this current time, she'd decided to enter and check it out. Might as well try every last one she came across. That way she would be able to make the decision on which ones she preferred.
If one could guess, she had a whole lot of time on her hands that she needed to waste. She did considering, being as odd as she was, she didn't need to sleep and lack of it never sapped her energy. That was around eight extra hours to do whatever she wanted.

And did she ever blend in, in one way. The occupants were in a combination of forms, from more human down to their animalistic forms. Being a Meji was kind of like cheating. She still had set arms and legs, walking on just legs, and happened to have opposable thumbs. She may have still been small, but that failed to dampen her party. The only downside was avoiding getting stepped on, which was quite the difficult task when no one was paying any attention. The ones closer to human or human were far taller, and even other critters were larger then she.

In order to fix this problem, she'd taken up dancing in an open ring within the center of the dance floor crowd. It was common that such circles were made. Everyone would crowd around and some of the more confident dancers would enter inside. She was accompanied by a few others, including a Kuhna, a Sahound and a couple humans. What made her stand out among them? Neon green lights flashed around her, from her own power essence. Swirled, exploded, danced all about around her. She came to fill the entire center in her own effects to make it all the more entertaining for everyone.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2964
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/14/2008 8:42 PM

He had his drink, and now, he was ready to party. It wasn't really the alcohol, the bar tender had told him, it was more a high energy drink, but it kept the party goers, going all night.
He slipped through the crowd, loosing himself in the movement, bodies and pulsing music.

A small Meji caught his attention. She was standing in one of those rings, dancing with a few others. Lights flashed around, almost as if they came from the Meji itself.
He moved forward, gracefully weaving through the crowd with the elegance of the kuhna he was.
He joined the dancers on the outside of the circle, watching and waiting for a moment where it would seem alright for him to join the more confident dancers.

How ever the Meji makes those lights, they are pretty cool. He thought to himself.
Moving to the beat of the music and the lights, he wondered if it was only Meji's that could do that. If it was only them, then he would defiantly have to try and befriend one. Their abilities could make  clubbing a whole new experience.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/15/2008 1:23 AM

She continued to spin and swerve across the dance floor, mixing it up here in there. Depending on the beat of the song, she was either more hyper and jumping around, or more grounded but still moving around like mad. All of it was just the enjoyment of the music blasted, lights flashing and not having a care in the world of who was watching Right now, she wasn't responsible for anything. This time was her own time to have fun as she pleased. Work...she'd get back to it soon enough. She'd track down her friends soon enough.

It was somewhere in the middle of her shimmying about that one of her white furred ears flicked. Eh? Trying not to stop moving about while searching through the surrounding crowd was a bit of task. And then she figured it out, when her eyes landed on one male in particular. She had recognition of him. Spinning, she tried to keep her gaze intent upon him. "Xest..." She spoke to herself. At that same time, the green neon lights that she was responsible for flew over to him, spinning around and pulsing with the melody, like a personal invitation into the dancing circle. "Xest!" She called aloud on impulse. Oh no... Oops. Great. She'd made a mistake already. Stupid. Stupid! Just because she was familiar with him doesn't mean that he was with her. Curse having the memories of someone else!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/15/2008 1:43 AM

Lights were flashing around the room, in no particular order, just in time with the music.
He was having fun, the club had gone way out tonight.
Suddenly, the green light had focused on him, and the Meji had called out his name, almost inviting him onto the floor.

Somehow, he ended up on the more open floor. Maybe a few fellow dancers had pushed him onto it, he didn't know. All he knew was to dance. To keep in time with the rapid pace of the music.
Spinning around, flicking his tails, swerving through a few of the other dancers, mixing in a few of his special moves.
That was his idea of fun.

He was right next to the Meji now, and was fueled by an overpowering curiosity.
"Hey there. Do I know you? I don't remember your face."
Then again, he wasn't too good at remembering peoples faces, especially girls.

He had found he was now dancing in sync with the Meji now. Every move she did, he would do one the complimented it.
The joy of being able to whatever the heck you wanted, not caring who was looking, who wouldn't want to come here.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/15/2008 2:49 PM

However it was that he managed to get there, he was there now. And there was no turning back on what she had said, even if it was just very little. Saying his name was enough to question her on. Too bad that she couldn't really explain why she knew, or what was going on. How could she trust telling anyone what was going on? She couldn't. She was more then aware that some of the people in Evelon were very, very unusual, but her grade of unusual....It was one that no one had yet happened upon. It was so unorthodox.... Besides that, she had to keep certain things in secret.

At first, she just kept dancing as she was joined, that was until he spoke up. Between a spin, she glanced up at him. "Erm..." What was there to say in this situation? Another step his way in their oddly in sync dancing and she continued, "No. You don't know me." And she laughed a bit, an attempt to play this off. It wasn't going to work, was it? "Let's just say, I sorta...know you."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/15/2008 4:07 PM

There was something about her, something different. As he danced, he noticed something was up.
She had obviously made a mistake with something, perhaps it was by calling out out his name, but, how did she know it? He didn't give out his name very much, only to those who knew him on a deeper level, and that wasn't many. He would never give out his name to girls he had met on a one off occasion too.

So how did she know it?

"You... know me?" He asked. He spun around to her other side, "But how?"
There was always the possibility that Krypto, or some other friend or penmate had told her.

The dance they were doing in sync, was a common thing for Xest, though he could dance alone, he preferred to dance alongside someone, doing moves that complimented theirs.
Some people were put off by it, some liked it.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/15/2008 4:44 PM

Great. She had to play this off, she had to play this off. Him questioning her just wouldn't do. "I dunno." she lied. "I don't remember - " A pause when they were somewhat divided as another dancer came in between them. And when it was clear, "I guess I just sensed it. Wouldn't be the first time." It held some truth to it, because she added to the statement. She did sense that it was him, that was how she was able to turn, locate him and recognize him.

It seemed as if she was about to say something else when Clone, not paying attention, got in someone else's say. A human not paying attention. A swing of their leg in some ridiculous move, it connected with her, and sent her to the ground in a flash. Ow. The neon lights she emitted died off from the jolt. The Meji didn't have time to think about the pain from getting kicked down, she was suddenly busy scrambling around on the dance floor, on all her feet and hands, trying to dodge everyone's stomping feet. Jump here, there, left, right, back. Her heart was pounding as she skittered all about, somehow ending up in the crowd.

A foot came down an inch from her face, and she sprang back only to get her tail stepped on. She made an 'eek!' sound and jumped, landing on some random guy's face, clinging. Freaking out at having something latched onto his face and blinding him, he tripped and toppled over. The surrounding guests stopped at the commotion, to see a bunny eared and tailed woman with on her hands and knees over the man who'd fallen over. Her long light brown, blond highlighted hair falling down on the strangers chest. Poor Clone hadn't even realized that she changed forms, her eyes tightly shut from the fear. Thankfully, her magic allowed her clothes to change in size with her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/20/2008 6:46 AM

Xest shrugged, her answer was reasonable enough. He knew people who could sense others, it wasn't much different. "So, since you-" He cut off abruptly. The lights that seemed to have come from the Meji stopped. Suddenly the Meji got kicked by some overexcited dancer, and was whisked away into the crowd.

Knowing how dangerous it was to be so small, in a room of everyone not paying attention to absolutely anything, he darted forward, trying to follow her, but lost her in the swirling crowd.

From behind him, he heard a small shriek. He spun around and saw the Meji clinging to poor guys' face. He made towards her.
As he did, something changed. The guy had fallen over.
That was weird, surely Mejis weren't that heavy.

He pushed his way through the crowd, closer to the Meji. Coming through a small gap in the crowd, there wasn't a Meji on the guy, but a woman.
Ok Xest. She is probably scared. What ever you do, do not flirt with her, she probably isn't going to take it well, he told himself. Although, she was very pretty.

Stepping forward, he reached out his hands and gently pulled her back up on her feet.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

5 - recorded

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/22/2008 12:16 AM

Eyes were still tightly shut as Clone was lifted off the man and back onto her feet. The young man was staring in alarm, dazed, especially from the oddity of the situation. Get latched onto by a Meji and then have the Meji turn into a young woman. Had it been some jerk and had Xest not pulled her away before long, things may not have gone over so very well for the frightened female. Some men just couldn't be trusted, and it wasn't worth the risk to find out if the stranger was or wasn't.

Without thinking, nor coming to realization even now, Clone soon was clinging to the Kuhna male, her arms around him and face buried into his shoulder. Her top hat had long since fallen to the floor, from all her rapid movements. Her fluffy ears her drooped down to reflect her distressed feelings. This all was probably not the best thing for Xest, if he was trying not to hit on her and upset her even more.

It took a few good deep breathes before she was able to settle down at all, her death grip not coming undone until she was more clam. When she did gain the reigns on herself back, she 'eeeked' with wide eyes, springing back a bit from the man and nearly toppling over yet again. Oh yea, she was aware of his attraction to females, and she was just embarrassed greatly. Her pale cheeks burned a bright pink. "I-I...I'm sorry!" She stammered out. It was even worse, that they were in the middle of the crowd with various onlookers.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/27/2008 2:36 AM

Xest pulled the girl up, luckily, at least things hadn't turned bad so far for her. He had seen things turn nasty a few times because of small things like this.

After helping her up, the next thing he knew, she was in his arms, and was deeply stressed.
Xest awkwardly held her there, knowing that, if he even tried to make any moves to hit on her, it would just make the situation worse.
Maybe... she knows me.. somehow... I just have to play along I guess, pretend we are friends... I have had to do it before.. it shouldn't be so hard. He thought to himself. But... what was her name?
"Hey... just calm down, it will be alright." He told her softly.

When she pulled away, she did look a bit embarrased. Maybe she did know how much of a 'womanizing idiot' he was. Suddenly aware of the looks from the crowd, he waved them away. "Don't worry, the girl will be alright, she is a friend after all, go on, get back to your dancing." He said to them all.

"Hey, are you alright? That was quite a scene you caused back there." Xest asked her. "And by the way, you never told me your name, it was quite hard to act like I knew you and all when I didn't even know your name."

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/27/2008 3:04 AM

Frantically, she watched as the crowd slowly backed off and went about getting back into their own business. It took some longer then others, and she just simply stood there the entire time, remaining silent, until nearly everyone had faded away. Some glances were still offered in their direction by nosy strangers, her victim included, but the music was still going and soon, the beats fueled everyone else's movements. She was glad they bought his act, or at least complied to him, even if they didn't honestly believe. It sort of seemed believable, didn't it? What with her taking to him so well when she was scared out of her wits.

She bent down to pick up her fallen hat from the floor, speaking quietly as she did. "They...call me Clone." Her hat was soon placed atop her head and she pulled on one of her ears to get it situated as she liked. "I'm fine...happens...all the time." Not exactly all the time, but she found herself in unusual situations often enough, with her clinging problem. "Any more pain, and I would have just asploded." And she just shrugged that gfact off, like exploding was no big deal. Even if she wasn't in her full Meji-form, she was still the same girl. She still spoke the same, and almost acted the same.
It was a little bit awkward, having to explain this to Xest now. She knew him, but he didn't know her. How complicated her existence was.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/04/2008 2:19 AM

Xest too stood, fixing each member of the crowd with his blazing red cat eyes until they all eventually dispersed, going back to the beat of the music.
Once they left, Xest turned back to Clone. "Ex-exploded?" He stuttered, surprised. "What do you mean, exploded?"
Xest was slightly surprised, but here, anything could happen.
When he had decided to go clubbing, he hadn't betted on meeting a random, exploding Meji-girl, who somehow, knew him.
And he expected some explaining... buut maybe later.

Here, at this particular club, he had seen many things happen, some innocent like creatures changing forms and scaring the heck out of the other clubbers, and some... not so innocent, like awkward happenings in the back room, but nothing he had seen could beat today.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/04/2008 4:37 PM

"Um...Exactly what it sounds like..." The Meji replied after a moment of hesitation. What else did 'explode' sound like? Perhaps exploding with anger, but Clone wasn't much that type. Not most of the time, anyway. She had very little to be angry about around here. Yea, clubbing was certainly full of odd experiences, especially in a world like this one. You found all sorts of strange beings around here. Personally, all the oddities didn't surprise her. But that happened too, when you were a 'freak of nature' yourself. She liked being different, and took the comment of 'weird' or 'freak' as a compliment.

"Yanno, we should get outta here if we're just gonna stand." She pointed out, springing a step forward to grab Xest's hand and started heading through the crowd so they could off to the side instead of continuing to disrupt the dancers. "I asplode when I overload on stress. Be it mental, emotional or, in this case, physical. Had I felt more pain then I did, I would have asploded right then and there." The bulk of her explanation was spoken quietly as they moved.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/12/2008 3:53 AM

Xest raised an eyebrow. "I see." He said. The way Clone had said that, had kinda hinted that there was more to this 'exploding' business than she was letting on.
He let her lead him through the crowd, each second, trying not to let on to her his true feelings.
Although she was a Meji and he was a Kuhna, at that moment, they were both human, and if Xest saw someone who was an attractive female, and was, at that current moment, the same form and species as him, he would start flirting with her.

And this was why, tonight, it was killing him. He knew that the last thing this girl wanted was him hitting on her, especially with her changing forms like that  because she was under stress, and he could see she was the type of girl who didn't like guys like him, hitting on her.
As they moved, the crowd parted to let them through.
"Where were you thinking of going?" He asked over the pounding music.

All the stories
And the loopholes

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next