The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Sly with an ego to match...

Postby DrakoPuppy » 05/15/2008 8:01 PM

Asmodeus

Asmodeus dragged her feet throught the dirty streets of the slums. Her ankles ached with every step. She thought she could not go on. She managed to stumble upon some day old food that was thrown onto the street. It smelled horrible but at least it tasted plesant. She had traveled for days trying to get to Lamenolai City where she could find refuge with a rich family member of hers(and maybe take some of her wealth when she left...)she trudged on hoping to find someone that could help her...
DrakoPuppy
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Postby Jenso » 05/31/2008 4:48 AM

Silas Landon

What was Silas Landon doing in the slums? Playing, of course! The Leebra's coat was covered in dried lumps of mud, the mottled green of his fur was all but hidden as he crouched in a pool of something disgusting and began stalking some rubbish blowing down the path.
His big, glassy, fresh green eyes watched the polystyrene cup as it span around in a circle with the wind currents. His mane and paws were dripping with whatever scum he had been prowling in; there was a little "glop" noise each time he lifted a paw and there was a chorus of drops of water when he lifted his head and the sodden bottom of his mane let the water run off it. He lifted his head and opened his mouth, breathing with a slight hiss to taste the air. His flews wrinkled as he took in the stench but he dealt with it and carried on.
"Gotcha!" He cried, jumping into the air and pouncing on the cup. His tail curled high above his back and he let if strike the air from one side to the next as he lifted his head and yowled happily.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jenso » 07/14/2008 8:15 AM

A bug within the cup was startled by the great cracking sound as the Leebra made his 'kill', the beetle thing buzzing against the plastic until it found the gap where the cup had split. Up through the gaping whole, into the breeze which had been carrying the thing's temporary home. This was not like spiraling into fresh air, more like leaping into a sea of damp, stinking gas. The wind caught the tiny thing and threw it into the Leebra's face.
Silas jumped backwards, shaking the bug from his face and watching for a moment as it flew off. His tail lashed through the air, eyes glinting mischievously as he grinned and launched himself forward.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jenso » 07/14/2008 8:24 AM

Silas flew through the air, a wake of floating scum swirling in the water marking each footfall. The water bubbled and gulped at the air as they popped, rubbish floating from the bottom to the surface. Flecks of disgusting water flew from Silas' pelt, green eyes fixed on the liberated beetle as it sped off ahead with a buzz. He was losing it! The noise was getting fainter and fainter!
He turned a corner, spotting it and plunged forward into the waste of the slums again.
"Nearly got you, rascal!" He chuckled softly, closing the gap.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jenso » 07/14/2008 8:28 AM

Silas sprinted the last stretch, overtaking and rearing up on his hooves to spin about and catch it. His paws were high in the air and, as the beetle tried to maneuver to avoid him, he brought them down together and slammed it towards the ground. It was then that his hoof slipped.
"Ahh!" He yelled, stumbling and trying to regain his footing. He completely forgot about the beetle and it whizzed off into the forest of lean-to shelters happily. He fell right into the muck, frowning and looking disappointed. What was he supposed to do now? Tail swayed thoughtfully, waiting for inspiration to come.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Jenso » 07/14/2008 8:40 AM

Silas sighed, suddenly wanting to find a place to clan off. He rose to his feet, wet mud falling in clumps from his pelt. A little way away he heard running water and padded off in that direction, until he found a tap. Someone had left it on and clean water ran out of the end, so he crept under the spout and soused himself in the cool liquid, shaking until his fur was nearly clean before trotting off happily.
Jenso
Pets | Items

Postby Ameratasu » 09/11/2008 5:16 PM

Lapis

What exactly had drawn the Yonyuu to the slums was not precisely important. It was better to chalk it up to his restless curiosity--an admired trait to some, and to others--one that caused exasperation and barely suppressed groans as they rolled their eyes. He padded silently though the dimly lit streets, the sounds of his paws muffled to the point of silence, except for the few times when his paws made and unpleasant squelching sound on occasional, paws sinking ankle-deep in molding trash or rotting and blackened rubbish that he wasn't too thrilled to chance a guess on.

He smirked to himself. He hadn't been surprised when Rune had chosen not to accompany him--he was a vain thing, with almost no sense of adventure whatsoever. In a word--boring. The slums at this hour of night were nearly empty. A virtual ghost town. It suited him just fine.

His long, narrow muzzle came into view cautiously around the post of a sideways slanting fence that threatened to collapse in on itself at the slightest push. Ahead of him was one long, narrow street--the lamp broken, shattered glass laying around it, bare bulb exposed to the elements. To his right was a dead end. And to his left--well.

His ears pinned cautiously. To his left were some certainly strange and not exactly friendly sounds. Flicking his wingtips dismissively, he turned abruptly, and began to edge slowly to the left.
<center>Image
</center>
Ameratasu
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 53
Donate

Postby Ameratasu » 09/12/2008 5:08 PM

Sehket

For a moment, he almost didn't see her, curled as she was in the shadows and almost invisible as a result. But it was how she liked it--she liked the air of mystery being cloaked in silent and shadow afforded her. Of course, some could argue that it was also because the feline was absolutely out of her mind, unlike her sage and older sister Isis.

Her eyes gleamed in the dark, glittering a cold and calculating gold in the darkness as Lapis approached. It was only when the Yonyuu was almost on top of her that she rose to her feet, back arching, ears flat, as her mouth opened in a pointed, annoyed hiss.  What dim light there was shone off of her long, pointed fangs, causing them to gleam in a most unsettling way.

"Watch where you're going, you gambling fool of a pup."

Lapis's eyes narrowed in mild contempt, and he snorted softly.

"Sehket. I should've known, you insane little twit."

He sighed lightly. He couldn't say he was surprised. The deranged feline seemed to be everywhere at once, always checking in on the pen residents whenever they strayed too far. And despite his false bravado, he found her to be more than a little...creepy.

"Bite your tongue, mutt. You're lucky I didn't strike when I had the chance. Whatever are you doing out here? The slums aren't the place for a lone wolf." A sly smile touched her lips at this.

"Exploring," he retorted dismissively. "And I could ask you what you are doing here, myself."

"The darkness is my element, you little fool. It is like water, like air to me. I thrive on the fear and confusion in this place. But you? You put a paw wrong and something just might eat you."

The feline licked her lips pointedly then, eyes gleaming in amusement.

Lapis paused. The feline was much smaller than himself. But then, it was a dark alley, and he didn't quite like his chances with something of such a vampire nature. He could insult her for being full of pointless riddles that went around and around in circles, but the truth of the matter was that she wasn't stupid.

A low chuckle escaped her then.

"Relax," she purred, twining through his ankles. "I don't have the taste for dog. I much prefer rat."

Lapis twitched an ear. This adventure was not turning out to be what he'd imagined. Worse still. He was stuck with his least favorite person. He heaved a sigh.
<center>Image
</center>
Ameratasu
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ameratasu » 09/12/2008 8:05 PM

Lapis shifted distastefully at the constant, rubbing twine around his ankle, stepping smartly over her with a grimace, lips twitching from his teeth in a display of annoyance. Sehket clicked her tongue mockingly, wagging her head in a gesture of mock disappointment and admonishment.

"Tsk. Such a cold attitude towards your pen mate. And to think, that Ameratsu sent me to check on you herself."

"What loyalty to I owe to Ameratsu?" He snarled quite suddenly, eyes flashing, lips pulling back from his teeth in challenge as a low growl started in his throat.

Sehket's own eyes flashed dangerously, and when she spoke next, her words were hard and cold.

"Everything," she hissed back lowly. "Or have you forgotten that it was she who saved you from death's jaws while you foolishly courted it?"

"Do I owe her blind loyalty, as you obviously do?"  He sneered in contempt.

"Hold your tongue, whelp. I have watched the sunrise of empires you have only read about. I have seen rulers twice as foolish as you become dust. I--"

"Save it, would you? I've heard this self-gratifying speech before. In the end, all it means is that you're old as dirt."

A low, hissing growl bubbled in her throat. For a moment, she crotched low to the earth, prepared to fling herself at this insolent Yonyuu's throat.But she held herself in check, despite her better instincts to simply rip out his throat.

"Pray that I'm in a better mood when you return. Or that death is more merciful to you than I will be when we next meet."
<center>Image
</center>
Ameratasu
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate