The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby kabuto_rocks » 08/01/2008 6:02 AM

Divo felt a squirm of guilt in her stomach. She wanted to reassure the Holeef, but...she didn't do nice. Still, maybe she could be half-encouraging?

"It'll ssstop raining sssoon," She began, continuing to collect rubbish, "Plusss, once the trap isss done you'll make an excellent lookout. You're sssmaller than usss and you'll blend well into the sssurroundings." Satisfied she had cheered him up slightly, she turned to see what the Albie was holding up.

"A half-eaten rotten peach?" She thought for a moment, "Yesss, that might be perfect. Sssnickiesss like all rotting thingsss ssso a peach isss good," That was the closest thing to praise the Carpetfang said, "But I wouldn't hold it in your mouth. Germsss and all that." She held out her tail, ready to take it off him

Posts-3/5, 7, 34 posts
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 08/01/2008 4:58 PM

The Albie looked to the Carpetfang as she too said her words of encoragment. A small smile was made, glad to see she wasn't as bad as she tried to make it seem. At least, that's what it seemed. He nodded to the little Holeef, "She's right you know." He said, "You are really good for a look out. You could tell us if a Snicky is comming, so that we can stop talking and hide. And since you look like a leaf, maybe it won't notice you much." He smiled, glancing to Divo meekly.

Then, he made a face at the talk of germs, and quickly put the peach in Divo's tail, "Ew, nasty!" He complained, lifting his front leg and licking his toung over it. As if ther Germs would get off of his tounge, and onto his fur instead.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 51
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/01/2008 7:17 PM

Wilo nodded to all that had been said. And chuckled slightly to the actins of Jim. He flapped his wings again, more water dripped off of them. They were becoming semi dry,a nd should finish by the time the trap was set. He folded his hands in front of his body and got comfortable. He closed his eyes for a while. It had been days since he had gotten some sleep, so he decided to get a nap. He would wake up once the trap was once again set, and keep guard for a Snicky.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 08/05/2008 4:32 AM

She wrinkled up her snout in disdain as he handed over the peach. Leaning closer to it, she inspected it carefully, trying to ignore the overwhelming stench. Nodding, she placed in on the pile and continued to shift through the rubbish. Kabuto owed her big for this.

"Ssso," She began, thinking a conversation would at least be better than silence, "You're not here for a Sssnicky yourself?" Her mane was still wet, and she shook her head fiercely, trying to shake it dry

Posts-5/5, 8, 35 posts
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 08/05/2008 10:20 PM

Looking up at the sky as the rain seemed to clear up abit made him sigh. Finnaly, now all he had to do was wait for it to get warmer. He sat back on his haunches feeling abit semi- proud of himself. He actually got to help out after a big mess up. That was good, now he wouldn't leave until he made sure they got what they wanted. It made him even more proud of himself, but then again he didn't want to go home and face his owners wrath of disobedience.

Having his thoughts interrupted, his head quicky snapped up and over towards the Carpetfang. "W-what?" He asked, then he heard the question repeat in his own head. "Oh, OH! No... no I'm not.." He admitted, "I just wanted to go somewhere. And I happened to end up here, in The Slums." He made a childish little face, "But it doesn't matter. I'll just help you two catch one, then I'm outta here. It'll be between you two then.." He made a small smile.
Him, a Snicky? Nah. They were strange akaward little creatures of little intrest to him.
"It's a big lie to say that you become stronger when you fall in love with someone. There's no way you can get stronger. All you become is weak with anxiety."
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/05/2008 11:21 PM

Wilo flapped his wings, almost dry. He smiled as we knew that he will soon be able to help once again. He looked to the finished trap which made him smile wider. Now that the trap was up once again, maybe Divo will be happy. He was a little excited as well since he couldn't wait to see a Snicky.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 08/09/2008 12:15 PM

The Carpetfang wriggled back, inspecting the trap. It seemed to be pretty much finished. She just hoped that the rubbish wasn't too wet. She didn't know precisely what kind of trash Snickies liked-all she had to go by was 'smelly'. It didn't look at all appetizing to her, bu at least it stank...

"You ought to be careful," She warned the Albie, "The Ssslums can be very dangerousss. At least it wasss last time I wasss here." She hoped they weren't going to run into a near-death situation this time. She doubted it, but even so...

"Ssso," She addressed both of them, "Did your ownersss sssend you here? Well, I'm guessing yoursss didn't," She pointed the the Albie, "But what about you Wilo?"

Posts-1/5, 8, 36 posts
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 08/09/2008 1:19 PM

Wilo looked up now being adressed. He nodded his head slowly. "Yes, I was sent here from my owner. She had thought it would be best for me to get for the first time. Also, she thought I might be able to get her a Snicky." He answered, trying out his wings again. Almost there, but a few minutes more.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 08/09/2008 4:57 PM

To her words, Jim couldn't help but make a confused face. He was about to ask.. but then Wilo answered her questions of the two. And of course, Divo guessed correctly, "Uh.. yeaaaahh..." He said slowly, feeling even worse now that the Carpetfang brought it to his attention. "I just came on my own, of course.." He thought over it carefully- Of course he'd get into trouble, but now he was dissapointed in himself for not listening to rules. At least, he felt bad until he remembered he was to ask a question to Divo herself this time.

"Oh! Divo," He turned to face the Carpetfang now, and stood. "What did you mean by that? The Slums are dangerous? How so?"

Okay, well that was more than one question. But he had to know what she meant by that. If it wasn't safe, surely they musn't be here. But he knew that even if he didn't think they should be here, they would end up staying anyway. After all, they wanted a Snicky pretty badly. Perhaps, however, Jim or Divo should be a look out; not the kind of look out that Wilo would have been, but one to watch out for whatever danger is in The Slums..
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 09/22/2008 12:07 PM

(I'm just going to continue to where we were up to if that's okay. Rather than repeating everything)

The Carpetfang blinked in surprise. No one was angry? Well, that was strange. Still, a subject change would be best. Divo considered making a mental promise never to lie again-naw. She'd just be more careful in the future.

"Let'sss sssee then. We've got rotten food, we've laid a trap...What else can we do?" She inspected it carefully, "Perhapsss we ssshould discussss what happens when a Sssnicky does arrive." Despite having been here before, Divo didn't have much knowledge when it came to actually catching a Snicky. She looked at her companions carefully. Who would appear the least threatening?

Divo herself was quite scary in appearance, but then again she slithered along the ground like a Snicky. Perhaps the critter would relate to her? Wilo was small so he wasn't likely to be intimidating, and the Albie looked quite friendly as well. She waited patiently for their answers. They might have more of a plan than her

Posts-2/5, 8, 37 posts
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 09/23/2008 12:51 PM

(That's fine. I like that idea best.)

He couldn't help but smile slightly to her. It was a good thing the truth found it's way to them, he didn't want a repeat of that to happen again. Only then would he be angry. Until then, he just mentally chewed on the story; he was quite the teller of tales, wasn't she?
"Let's.. not make another scary story again, okay?" He teased, but at the same time spoke in honesty. "I don't want to have any more scares in this place."

Nodding, Jim looked around at all the items she listed, and made a mental check of each one. Yup, they had them all- not a peice any missing. "Duscuss?" He asked blinking. "I don't think I have any experience when it comes to catching anything.. sorry to say." He admitted embarrassed, "But perhaps we- or you guys; need to lure it with more than just food and a cage. Perhaps... words, promises? Stuff like that." He made a smile, and sniffed at the wind, trying to scent one of those Snicky's. Nothing thus far, not yet.

"Or, maybe even if you try approching it carefully? And complement it?" He knew he probably sounded crazy.. but they look like creatures that would be flattered with any of this stuff.
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 09/23/2008 1:29 PM

Wilo tilted his head as he listened to what Jim was saying. He didn't think a creature that lived in such a disgusting place would care if it is being complicated. But it was worth a try, they had nothing to loose. He fluttered his wings and checked if it was alright to come out of the shade. It was slightly damp, but he could fly through it. He fluttered over to where the others were and looked at the trap. It just looked like a pile of trash to him. But a Snicky wouldn't know it was a trap. He smiled at the thought of actually catching one.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 09/28/2008 3:04 PM

"I'll try," She smiled sheepishly, her tail wriggling, "Although it is quite fun to tell a story." Kabuto was an author herself, and up until now Divo had never understood her fascination with words. She had to admit though, she had rather enjoyed herself.

The Albie had an interesting theory about Snickies. Complimenting one? Perhaps a little strange but it was worth a try.

"Interesting plan. But which of usss ssshould approach it? We don't want to ssscare it away." She turned and watched the Holeef as he fluttered out.

"Good to sssee you can fly again." She smiled a surprisingly friendly smile, a rarer sight than a Snicky

Posts-3/5, 8, 38 posts
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 09/28/2008 9:39 PM

Wilo smiled back, he was happy to know that Divo was happy. He looked at the pile of trash again and thought he saw something twinkle. It catched his eye, so he took a closer look. Slowly fluttering near it, he saw that it was a bell. He smiled as he went to pick it up. But it was stuck, stuck to something. He yanked on it, but it didn't budge. Not wanting to ruin the trap, he slightly yanked on it again. *pop* Out flew a Kree doll, some one must have thrown it away.

[center]Image[center]

Wilos eyes opened up wide, he had been wanting one of these. He smiled and hugged it tenderly, then held it out with a disgusted exspresion.

((I had bought it before hand, just didn't know how to add it with him, so I did it this way, if there is any problems, I will fix it))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitleoh » 10/05/2008 1:27 PM

"I like stories too," The Albie promised, "But I'd like to know what's real, and what's not. Y'know... so I don't get too suspicious or scared." Here, he made a broad grin on his face and flicked his tail slightly.
"If you don't want to scare it... maybe you can send Wilo?" Jim suggested as he eyed the Holeef. "But the problem with that is if he'd be too small." Did these things eat leaves? They shouldn't.. he was told they liked rotten fruit.
"Or, Divo, you can try your luck with it too. Just show it how friendly you are. I'm sure it won't get scared off. Besides, if it does, how fast could it run away? They look pretty slow to me."

The young Jim turned around, seeing Wilo try and pull something out. Naturally, a confused expression came upon his face. "Wilo? What're you..."
But he didn't need to ask any more. As soon as the Kree doll flew out at him, he understood what he was trying to get. He made a soft snicker, and smiled.
"A Kree doll?" He exclaimed, "Who would have thought... hey, Wilo, I'll bet it stinks huh?" As if that wasn't obvious, he did pull away from it after all, no?
"Well, if you two are finding a Kree doll, I'm sure you'll get a Snicky in no time." He stated, 'matter-of-fact' kind of tone in his voice. Wait.. where was the connection between the two?
ImageImage
Kitleoh
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext