The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby SirMax » 07/09/2008 4:14 PM

"I didn't say you could leave." Eyon said in a soft but deadly tone. Snapping his wings out, he flapped them powerfully, taking to the air with a leap, gliding above Inacere as Marcus locked onto her and sent a flash of psychic pain. Nothing enough to destroy her mind or control her, but enough to cause her a painful momentary headache.

Landing in front of her and folding his wings again, he stared her down. "Whatever my motives, I have agreed to come babysit you, and I will do so." he smirked. "If you're feeling rowdy, I suppose I can play with you until you settle down."

[[7]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 07/13/2008 1:23 AM

All the little attack from Marcus managed to do was a quick jolt, almost like a headache and yet not even lasting long enough to be considered one. Her eyes moved to the sky, watching as the male lucain glided through the air with ease with his his powerful wings.

She let out a growl as he landed infront of her, her eyes easily showing how displeased she was. "I'm a grown woman and don't need a caretaker. I'm also not a toy. So I'll tell you now... back off. I didn't come here to chase around some mangy mutt, or be chased by one for that matter." Her lips curled back, showing the pearly gleam of her fangs.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby SirMax » 07/13/2008 2:31 PM

"Well if you don't need a caretaker, maybe you should ask your brother to stop trying to find one. Or even just consider what him asking me means." he looked pointedly at her, scanning the landscape for a moment before returning his gaze.

"Your brother knows your strength, right? Surely, he wouldn't think that one old Lucain would be enough to contain you. Maybe he asked around elsewhere. Maybe I'm not the only babysitter he's set up. Think about it. He got from here to my home in the volcano. Where else could he have gone? How many twisted lucain could he have convinced to come after you? How many murderers and lunatics might have taken up his offer to do whatever they wanted with you? Sure, I got here first because of my wings. But if he asked people on his way to Nori, how long is it going to be before others start showing up. You can take one, sure. Maybe even two. But what about three? Four? Five? Even six, all coming at you at once. What if they're all strong like you?"

[[8]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 07/14/2008 11:29 AM

Her muscles tensed, her head lowering as she crouched down. Classic move that protected the throat, quite the vital area. "He knows I don't need a caretaker. He just apparently wants me out of his hair for some reason." The fur along the back of her neck rose on end, more signs that she wasn't too happy with Eyon right now.

"You don't know if he got there from here or not. He could have been anywhere before he stopped by your house. And even if others come, I have time. I'm sure they wouldn't know each other and thus wouldn't be coming as a group. That'd give me time to take care of them one at a time." She crept forward a bit, still crouched down. "Now do as I say and move out of my way unless you want to feel your flesh being torn open."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 07/14/2008 11:45 AM

Eyon rubbed his temples, trying to think how he was supposed to get this into Inacere's head, since she seemed to be fighting against comprehension. "Look. That's exactly my point. He could have gone anywhere. Let's look at what it took to find me. I live in a volcano! Not just outside a volcano, near some twisted rock, but in a cave inside a volcano. He walked into a volcanic crevice to find me and ask me to come deal with you. And let's not forget, he encouraged me to kill you or maim you. Think, Inacere." Marcus mentally glared at him. Oops. She didn't know I knew her name, did she? thought Eyon. Oh well.

"I know you think that you can take on anyone, that you can handle any person on Evelon. But he could have been anywhere, and he could have asked anyone. What if he asked Senervel? Or a mafia operation or something? He was willing to walk into a volcano to annoy a dragon, so he could have asked anyone, or any group of people."

He shrugged. "You know what, fine. Try to beat me. Maybe then you'll realize that not everyone on heaven and earth bends to your power."

[[9]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 07/28/2008 1:08 PM

"He's a pyromaniac. It's not too uncommon to find him in places like that! He's highly more likely to find someone like you, tucked away where others wouldn't expect. He thrives off of fire. Not just fire really. Anything that can burn flesh." It didn't seem to bother her much that this guy knew her name. If Rak'ard went to the trouble of sending him this way, of course he wasn't going to send him without at least saying her name once.

"And I think I know my brother enough to know that he's not going to send anything over my head at me. He may be a bit odd by your standards, but so far as I see it this is a test." Yup. She knew she wasn't a god or something. She just knew her brother wasn't gonna bother someone like Senervel. He had other things he could be doing.

"Now.... Just back down." Fighting wasn't what she really wanted, but if he left her no option, she would lash out at him.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 07/28/2008 2:31 PM

Back down? This little whelp was telling him to back down. He growled slightly and felt a ripple from his wings into his body, an urge to transform. To burst back into Paragon form and belch searing flame, to heat the particles in the smoke and burn her away, turn her bones to ash for her impudence. He was a thousand year old dragon, an ancient dweller of the volcano, and some smoke spitting, overconfident little wench was warning HIM away? Ha!

No! Marcus, some help... he growled. The impulse faded and he relaxed. An unfortunate side effect of his psychic powers being locked into Marcus- his instinct had more sway over his mind, unless Marcus repressed it, like his psychic powers had when he'd had them.

"I won't back down until I beat some sense into you. If this is a test, what might it be testing? Maybe he's testing your ability to accept help when it's offered. Maybe he's testing your ability to analysis a situation. Maybe he's trying to see if you can deal with a situation when you can't just kill whoever he throws at you."

[[10]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 07/28/2008 2:54 PM

Smoke began to fog the area once again, getting thicker and thicker. Probably making it nice and hard to breath as well. "Alright. You wanna play, let's play." Time for a little game of sorts. Infact, she was already gone from where she had been standing, already moving on her way back toward the city with the smoke of the area clouding the area.

Sure, she could always clear away some smoke with his wings, but when it kept coming back that wasn't going to be very helpful. This was a test of tracking. "You're it." her words lingered, seeming to come from all directions. Tag? That was.. pathetic. Okay. So it wasn't quite tag, but oh well.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 07/28/2008 2:58 PM

Sigh. How pointless. She was fighting him with SMOKE. He was dragon. He lived in a volcano. He set people on fire for a living, more or less. Was he supposed to be as pitifully unused to and susceptible to smoke as normal people? He was hardly going to choke on something like that. And as for seeing... well, she'd given him far too much time earlier. Marcus had locked onto her, and with her not attempting to hide her voice earlier, he'd managed to strengthen the lock. Turning to face the direction she was in, he walked forward boredly. "I expect you to use something a little more interesting then trying to play hide and seek, Inacere."

[[11]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 08/03/2008 1:17 AM

"Oh this isn't hide and seek. Not at all~" her voice rang out once again. They were drawing closer to the city by the second. That was where she wanted to be, where she could cause chaos a lot more easily. It was where she was used to getting around, not out in the open. Eyon meanwhile didn't seem like someone that spent much of his time in cities, and thus that'd make it harder for him to get around. That was where the true fun would be, so long as he didn't find a way to somehow stop her before she got there.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 08/03/2008 3:14 PM

Eyon rolled his eyes, wishing that he'd ended up with someone who'd listen to logic without him having to deal with this silly fight nonsense. He didn't really enjoy fighting that much. Frankly, he would have liked it if he'd just gone and found someone to play chess with, but he'd come here to take after Inacere. So now he was stuck with it, and he wasn't about to let her beat him in a fight. It'd just add to her ego. "If you're not playing hide and seek than perhaps we can skip straight to actual fighting then." he said, before breaking into a run and leaping at Inacere, claws out.

[[12]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 09/25/2008 9:31 PM

Fight? But she wasn't to the fun part yet! Right as Eyon lept at her, Inacere jumped upward as well. They had finally arrived at the city and she had landed on the lid of the trash can long enough to make another jump and scale a fence. The the smoke had begun to fade a bit, but was still thick enough to make everything visible only as shadows. Oh boy would it be fun to try to find her by the time he made it over the fence as well.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/27/2008 4:17 PM

Eyon growled slightly. This was starting to annoy him. "Enough of this. I think you're underestimating me. I am not some random creature. I am a primal force, and I will not be taunted!" calling upon Marcus again, he pinpointed her and took the air, flying at her with claws out. She could hide in smoke, she could slip into buildings, she could make herself invisible, but she couldn't hide her mind from him and as long as he knew where that was, he knew where she was.

[[13]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Kyrit » 10/05/2008 10:07 PM

Leaping to the side, Inacere could feel Eyon's claws graze against her skin. Nothing deep enough to injure her badly, but good enough that it did sting. Oddly enough though, she just let out a chuckle. Maybe she had the same tastes as her brother and actually liked pain? Maybe, maybe not. Seeing as how a board from a fence struck out at Eyon as she moved, it was likely just because she had been prepared for him to come after her.

"The point isn't always to hide yourself. If you hide everything else in a place that you know well, then you're bound to do well."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 11/02/2008 4:48 PM

Eyon growled in annoyance as the board glanced off him, unharmed but angered. This girl knew nothing but being an annoyance. All it would take was one serious opponent and one trip up, and she'd find out other people took fighting more seriously. Opting not to respond to her taunt, he jumped at her, aiming to slam her with his side, and swiping at the same time to grab her. He was regretting coming out here more and more by the giggling second.

[[14]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext