The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

.:Chicken Chase!:.

Postby .:Random Event:. » 09/18/2007 6:58 AM

[center]

As you wander into the grimy town most commonly, and only, known as the Slums, you instantly hear a cackling to your immediate left. There, by a shabby shack that only rats could call a home, is a thin and scrubby-looking old man who glares at you with only one good eye. He is leaning against a tall, wooden instrument, and is perched directly in front of a small pen. Surrounded by the 'pen, nothing more than a circle of rusty and tight-woven wire, are some rather noisy Roosken.

The man spits something from his mouth, then looks up at you. "Looking ta' earn ya some Keeeystones?" He can barely suppress another coughing cackle. "Well then, if ya' are, why not try an' catch one of my Roosken? I'll give ya 50 KS fer your troubles, but I gotta' warn ya, they're faaast..."

((The first 6 people to post here, will recieve 50 KS! Remember the 5-post rule.))
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/18/2007 7:57 AM

She had truely just been passing by, headed onward to get to another town. Ears flicking as she heard the man's words, the vixen couldn't resist the chance of earning keystones. A smirk spread across the kitsune's face as she looked over at Rak'kal. "Looks like he want you to play a game of chase, Ra."

The beast looked around at each Roosken, studying them well. If he were not her bounded, then there was no way that the Hunter would be after something so pathetic. Spotting a smaller one he ran forward, leaping to land on the avian. Hopefully he wouldn't kill it...
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1630
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 09/18/2007 4:24 PM

[center]Image

The female Lucain stepped on delicate paws, walking towards the man and his Rooskens. 50 Keystones, eh? This sounded worthy of her. The Lucain's name was Si'teri. It was an odd one, yes, but she liked it. At the moment, she had been slightly bored. There was nothing to do at home, but a trip to the Slums sounded perfectly fine.
"I'll catch one for you, old man," she said, prancing forward after his little speech. They were only stupid birds! How hard could it be to catch one?

The Roosken were fast. Very fast. This was harder than she'd thought it would be. Bounding here, there, everywhere, Si'teri landed only on dirt, without success. Angry, she made a mad swipe at the ground. A screech split the air. Dumbfounded, Si'teri looked down at the little bird, surprised at her luck. But the effort of holding onto it was greater than she'd thought. The avian made a mad dash away from the Lucain when it had the chance, for Si'teri had stalled too long. She let out a growl of frustration, then leaped back into action.
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby SirMax » 09/18/2007 4:35 PM

"Roosken? Hehe. Do I have to bring it back alive?" Aksel asked with a smirk. He'd just been wandering, and, being a rather darkness oriented pet, he'd wandered into the slums. He'd already fried a few pets stupid enough to mess with a rejected and moody fire master. Stepping confidently into the pen, he flicked a small fireball at one of the pet's tails, incinerating the longest feather. The bird let out a surprised noise, and Aksel pounced while it was stunned, flinging his paw around it's neck. Hopefully the stupid thing will be too shocked to  move...

[[46]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Ghostlily » 09/18/2007 4:44 PM

Si'teri glanced around. There were two others here right now, another Lucain and a Hunter. So that was a Hunter! No wonder her master wanted one so dearly...they were amazing...
Huh. What did she care? She was supposed to be catching Roosken now! Shaking her head vigoresly, she returned to the chasing of the idiotic birds.

Feathers were everywhere. Si'teri mumubled a few swears under her breath. The old man wasn't kidding. These bloody things were fast...Panting, Si'teri glanced around. One Roosken now stalked, almost mocking her, away from the group. This was the one she was going to catch. But patience must be used...a lot of patience. So, staying completely still, Si'teri waited for the Roosken to come closer.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/18/2007 5:01 PM

No such luck. The Roosken flailed, knocking Aksel's arm slightly off the target and causing him to stumble and slash the bird's wing. Hurt it, but just caused it to run off. No help there. As it fled, he charged after the bird and leapt, setting a ring of fire in front of it.

[[47]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Ghostlily » 09/18/2007 5:20 PM

Si'teri glared at the dumb little bird. She only had to wait for it to be stupid enough to come forward.
"Closer...closer..." she murmured, under her breath. But the Roosken stopped a little under fifteen feet short of the green and brown furred Lucain. She needed it closer! It had to at least approach her another five feet, before she could be sure that it would not have much time to run away. She wanted this done perfectly...but impatience pounded its way through her veins. Slowly, she crept forward, with the Roosken's back to her.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SirMax » 09/18/2007 5:31 PM

"You're starting to annoy me, bird!" yelped Askel as he leapt at the roosken. It, however, leapt over his fire and ran off. "Man, why can't I just fry this guy?" he grumbled, looking around the other roosken. Probably just as fast. He took after the one that had just escaped him, bounding after the chicken like creature.

[[48]]
SirMax
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Ghostlily » 09/18/2007 6:22 PM

The Roosken did not notice Si'teri, as she slowly crept forward. No part of her moved, except for her legs and paws. Her breathing was soft and quiet, with not a sound to be heard. She was now little more than seven feet away; she was close enough to leap.
Bending her legs as much as would be needed, she collected the force in her body, ready to spring. The Roosken glanced at Si'teri, but before it could screech, she pounced. Feathers flew up into the air, and a wild chase began. Si'teri was determined to catch the idiotic Roosken. She darted here, there, staying no more than a pawstep away from her feathery prey.
Finally, she leaped once more, landing directly on top of the Roosken. It let out a shreak, although it wasn't injured in any way. Gripping it firmly in here mouth, but not biting, she carried it over to the old man.
Spitting it out, and putting a paw over, she said, "There. So where's my Keystones?"
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/18/2007 6:36 PM

The crystal feline's claws came down upon the Rooken's back and it let out a rather loud squack. He had retracted his claws at the last minute to make sure not to kill the critter. Destiny gave a soft smile and walked over, taking it from him gently. She walked over to the man with a smile spread across her face. "Well, here you go." No harm done... Perfect. Rak'kal could be proud of such a catch.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/18/2007 8:40 PM

"KS?" A Cake Kuhna padded over to the man. "My owner said that we really need some more KS. I'll help!" To herself she thought, 'This should be easy! I'm a Kuhna after all! And Kuhnas are experts at hunting!!'

"Right-o, Rooskens, come out, come out wherever you are!" Grinning enthusiastically, Lily raced after a Roosken, but it got away, scampering under a bush. She reached her paws under it to try and grab it and it pecked them brutally. "Ow!" she cried, sucking her paw.

[Lily: 1]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/18/2007 8:47 PM

"I'mma gonna get you!" she screeched angrily, and clawed at the bushes, until her claws hit the Roosken. Bad idea. With a squawk, it took off, flapping its wings and flying away. Disappointed, she looked at her claws and saw that they had blood on them. "Uh-oh." Carefully, she licked her claws off, then pursued the now distant Roosken, hoping that she hadn't hurt it too badly.

"Come back, lil' Roosken! I'm sorry!" Lily mewed, following it as it flew overhead. She realized that she must look pretty silly, talking to it, but she didn't really care.

[Lily: 2]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/18/2007 8:51 PM

The hunter looked over at his owner after she had been awarded the KS. "That was extremely easy... Surprisingly a bit too easy." His words recieved a nod from the vixen, who began heading off again. Behind her the crystal beast followed, his body sparkling.
(All KS has been given out to those who have been in the roleplay so far. ^^)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/18/2007 8:59 PM

(But there aren't six people yet, are there? *ish confused*)

Glancing over at the other pets, Lily felt a tinge of jealousy. How did they manage to do it so easily? "Get back here," she moaned, continuing on after the Roosken. "Come on, I'll give you bird seed!" She stopped, and watched as the Roosken grew further and further away.

[Lily: 3]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 09/18/2007 9:04 PM

(Not yet, but those who have joined have recieved theirs.)

Rak'kal stopped walking as a Roosken pecked at his hind leg. He let out a small growl and glared back at it. Why now, when most creatures ran away? "Run along before you become our next meal." he muttered, eyes staying on it.

Destiny let out a small laugh, watching the odd pair.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next