The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby Essence » 09/17/2008 3:48 PM

"Good, sounds like a plan then." Tazune replied, nodding to her. He followed down the stairs, more like tip-toed, and heard the usual voices of Fri-San and his friend, Blade? He couldn't remember. His feet hit the last step and onto the ground again, and he pushed in a stray chair to it's proper table. "I'm not sure were to much is around here, as I don't come to the Slums often." He admitted, "So you'll have to show me around to the store and such."

Tazune walked over to the door, and slid it open. Wind beat against his face and the comforting jingle of the alert bell calmed him. He could see a lot more when it was brighter out, the happier aspects of the Slums. It wasn't bad really, creepy at night, but quite nice during brighter hours. He spun on his feet toward Amor. "Ready then? You coming?" He said, a large grin covering his face. He poised himself against the side of the door, crossing his arms and breathing in the fresh air.

<33>
On a sort of hiatus, tentatively back.
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 178
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/17/2008 4:04 PM

She followed tazune out the door and stoped to look around "Actually.. I dont know my way around here either.." She said as she laughed and looked down the road in both ways. She saw a sign that had a picture of a rocking chair and had furniture outside of it, It must have paint. "Maybe over there?" She said as she turned back to tazune and then crossed the road to the store. Even though the sign said open the store seemed to say otherwise, It looked like no one had dusted and the advertisements were from sometime ago. But when she opend the door she was suprised to see a man standing behind a counter counting his cash. As soon as he herd the bell ring to alarm that someone had enterd the store he looked up cautiously and put his money away. "May I help you?" He asked his voice faided out as he looked amor and tazune up and down. "Umm.. Yes, We need some paint." Amor admitted as she looked at tazune before looking back at the owner. "Paint eh? Right over there.." He said as he pointed to the far corner of the store.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 09/17/2008 4:11 PM

Tazune nodded as she pointed out the store opposite them. He walked after her, and the the door pulled open. "Not exactly the cleanest store ever..." He whispered in Amor's ear, and glanced around the complex. It had many shelves of assorted items, from kinck-knacks to actually appliances. He saw the cashier point to the paint isle with his finger, and Tazune gave him a brisk nod before following after Amor.

"I hope they have the color we need..." He said, trailing off and browsing the isles. He dusted off a paint can before observing it, and resting it back on the shelf. After much effort, he found a nice looking Cherry Red color. "Do you think this would look nice? It seems to be alright?" He said, spinning the can around, hearing the sloshing of it going side to side.

<34>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/17/2008 4:18 PM

She nodded and waved her hand to get the dust from infront of her. "Cherry red? Hmm.. Sounds good to me. Should we paint the borderd's black?" She asked as she picked up a can that read 'black'. She held it up and blew the dust of the cover to read it better. "And maybe some of that glossy stuff?" She asked as she looked over at some stencils for random pictures, she picked out some letters and random pictures of figures dancing and one of a wine glass "These will look good on the wall." She said as she picked up a small carrying tote that was sitting at the edge of the isle. "What do you think?" She asked before putting them in the tote along with the red paint that tazune had picked out.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 09/17/2008 7:18 PM

"Yeah Cherry Red. They don't have any other shades, but this would look nice." Tazune replied, lifting the paint can and dusting the rest of it off. "Guess no one has heard of spring cleaning in this shop." He murmured, sending his hand swiftly over the body of the can. "Yeah, black trim and borders would look nice. And if we did gloss it, it would be nice." He smiled, "Good idea Amor." He said, resting his hand on her shoulder before setting the paint on the ground and started rummaging through the shells before letting out a victorious 'YES'. "Here's that gloss you wanted" Tazune mentioned, resting it next to his other stuff.

"I agree, those would look nice." He nodded, examining it before resting his hand on the cold metal shelves of the General Store. "I'm kind of hungry, I'll go see if he sells anything for food. Maybe for dinner?" He spun on his heels before stalking down the isle once more, then making an abrupt turn somewhere else.

<35>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/17/2008 7:46 PM

"Spring cleaning? I think they havnt done that since.. well.. ever!" She said laughing slightly as the dust filled the air and she waved her hands around in a attemt to shoo it awat. She nodded as she added the few things to her tote. She watched as tazune dissapeared to go find somthing to eat. She scanned the shelves once more to see if there was anything else she wanted before adding tazune's items with hers in the tote. She picked up a few more things before going down the same isle to look for more paint.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 09/26/2008 6:47 PM

Tazune lazily glanced around the isles. Occasionally he inspected a few shelves, then shrugged and walked more. There didn't seem to be to much more around here... whatever was in here was aold or dirty. Soon enough a freezer isle came into view, it was small and long metal rails guided it throughout the isle. "Finally, something edible." He snickered to himself, rummaging around through various meats and salads. He found some Tolapia, which at this point sounded good enough for him. Tazune removed it from it's shelf, along with some basic salad stuff and he raised his hand over a bottle of milk, "No there's enough to drink at Amor's." He whispered to himself, and walked along with his groceries in hand.

Weaving through the empty store his footsteps echoed around. He didn't particularly like the sounds, but he supposed it couldn't be avoided. He approached Amor, "Does this sounds good?"

<36>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/26/2008 7:10 PM

Amor looked at the food and laughed slightly "You really are hungry, eh?" She said laughing slightly her nose wrinkled as she did. "Ah.. I think this enough.. I guess we can always come back if we need more.. Are you shure that food is good? Cheack to see if there is a date on it.. If it's like the rest of the store.. I'm not shure if it whould be safe to eat.." Amor said, her mouth made a face at store as she looked around and then back at the food that tazune picked out. "I'm shure I have some food back at the bar, I keep some microwave meals around if I get hungry if you'd rather have one of those.." She said as she walked towards the counter and sat a bad of keystones on the counter, The man grunted and gatherd the bag and counted the money in it. "Will that be all ma'm?" He asked as if he wanted them to hurry and leave. "Well.. If tazune wants those.." She said and then waited for tazune to decide if he wanted the food he had or not. She looked outside and at the gathering clouds "Looks like it's about to start raining again.. We'd better hurry."
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 09/26/2008 8:09 PM

(Warning, spelling/grammar nazi moment ahead. x3 For one, it's 'sure' not 'shure'. It's also "check" not 'cheack' also, it's 'gathered'. Capitalizling names is also good. Work on these? :3)

Tazune let out a shrug. "I dunno, these seemed to be the only thing really worth buying, but we can walk around town to see if there's something better." He mentioned before walking off to put back the food. When he returned Tazune nodded a silent thank you to the man before turning to Amor. "So, want to get lunch elsewhere then? I think there's a diner down the street." He pushed open the door and peered out. Daylight filtered around the musty streets, and occasionally people walked by on the sidewalks.

After stepping outside, he squinted. The building's light was darker then expected, but he blinked it away. The slums weren't that bad during the day, he enjoyed it, avoiding the alleys of course. Sending a gaze out down the street, he cupped his hand over his eyes. Spinning on his heels Tazune turned to Amor, "There are lots of buildings, so there has to be something somewhere." With that, he shrugged and rested himself on a bench waiting for Amor.

<37>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/27/2008 11:15 AM

Amor nodded and followed Tazune out "Yeah there is a small place down the street.. Maybe a few blocks away from here.." she said before walking down the steet. Her guitar strung across her back and bounced against her as she walked. "Yeah, It's a nice place.." Amor looked around at the buildings, some of them open and some of them closed and empty. As she walked she came up to the place "Here we go!" She said as she looked up at the place. "Seems like a good place to eat no?"

((Sorry it's short but I dont want to get too far ahead of you))
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 09/27/2008 11:32 AM

(If your worried about length, explain the scenery, or how the character if feeling at the moment, maybe what they're doing inbetween talks. Just a suggestion. ;3)

Tazune hoisted himself up, and walked in steady pace next to Amor. He put his hand in his pocket and lazily observed the city, buildings lined the streets and light lit up the town. "Yeah, I suppose it is." In  reply to her comment, "They could use more greens though." He joked, critiquing the citys run down apperance.

Soon they approached a large building. Windows let it light in the front, and the large wood door led into the cafe's main room. "Yeah" he murmurmed, "Seems decent enough." Tazune pulled at the doors handle, and a small beep alerting the door open went off, then stopped. "Fancy" He joked, scanning the resturant. "There's an open table there" -pointing to a round, coffee brown table- "Want to sit there?"

<38>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/27/2008 11:53 AM

Amor walked into the place and sat at the table that Tazune pointed at "It's nice in here.. Not like some other places I've been" Amor said before looking around for someone to take there order.. or even recognize that they were there. "Hello!?" She yelled out before looking at the list on the table of the dishes they served. "This looks good.." She said, pointing at the chicken sand which. "What are you going to get--" She saw someone walking around "Hey! Hey you!" The person ignored her and walked away. "Well.. They wont be getting a tip from me." She said sarcastically before looking back at the menu's.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 10/24/2008 8:09 PM

Tazune pulled a chair back and slumped down into it. The dusty cushions were soft, very relaxing for he'd be walking all day.

"Yeah." He yawned, stretching his arms out in the air, "Does look good."

He slid a menu out from a menu holder resting on the table and scanned it for his meal. "Huh." Tazune read further, "This pasta looks good." He nodded in satisfaction, "The sandwichs look like they could use some work though. But I think I know what I'm getting."
He glanced up at Amor as she made her remark, and he smirked,

"Good food doesn't always make up for bad service I 'ppose."

<39>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 11/01/2008 1:43 PM

Amor sat up trying to see if there was a waiter anywere around. Eventually she saw someone walk past "Hey!" She called out almost startling the person as they turned around to see who was calling. "Do you know where the waiter is? We saw someone but they ran off.." She said frowing slightly. The man walked off and talked for a second with a young employee who aproched the table "May I take your order?" he asked rather politely as he looked down at Amor. "Yes.. I think I'll have the soup and salad.. and some water.." She said nicely as she handed him her menue. He tucked it under his arm after he had finished jotting down her order in a small book that he held in his hand. "And you Mr?" he said turning towards Tazune and waited for his order.

((In a hurry here))
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Essence » 11/01/2008 1:53 PM

Tazune chuckled and rested his head in his hand, as the poor waiter almost toppled over from Amor's voice. He watched as the man ran off, and a different one walked out of the kitchen, his face expressionless and calm. Tazune nodded as he took Amor's order, then he turned to him.

"I'll just have the Club Burger, some fries, and a Salad. Please." He lifted his arms and stretched, positioning his hands comfortably behind his head. the waiter jotted down the order and nodded, taking up the menus and walking off just as expressionlessly as he'd walked him.

"He's a ball of sunshine..." Tazune muttered crossly, putting on hand on the table, tapping.

The chatter of the restaurant customers around them sounded, he strained his ears to listen to something while they waited.

"So I says to her..."
He heard someone exclaim, Tazune chuckled.
"Yes, I love the Halloween release"
Someone else said, he just blinked, occasionally sending a glance at the noisy kitchen opposite them, behind a couple more tables.

<40>
Essence
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext