The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

"Why am I here...?" [Private, Duskie and I]

Postby SpringsSong » 09/09/2008 3:52 PM

[[Vauge synopsis of where we were before the craziness:

Cimarosa has escaped from Basantha Shrine, but she finds herself in the Slums--a place she knows is popular with Areia, a member of her family.  While here, she meets Akkia {Duskie's female Tearstain/Feyline Lucain}, who is recovering from taking her medication.  Akkia darts away, and Rosa follows.  The two agree to go to a restaurant, and Rosa agrees to carry out a favor of Akkia's, which is to stab a tranquilizer into one of her veins should she start to act up.  For my own sake, Rosa's post count was 7.4, and it is now Duskie's post.]]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/09/2008 4:26 PM

Akkia smiled and took her lower arm, leading her around the streets wich she seemed to belong to. Her hair flecked with dirt and blood, her face speared with blood and dirt, it was surprising she was recognisable. She then turned into a house, and stopped suddenly, the door swung open, Akkia's face puckered, her eyes widened and she bit her lower lip, slowly shutting the door. "Let us never go there again." Akkia said shakily, still facing the door. "There used to be a nice resteraunt there, but now there different types of meat." She shuddered heavily and turned into a fairly sanitary looking place. She invited Rosa to sit down and smiled, ordering some of her food and gazing at Rosa expectantly with a smirk. One of the waiters noticed the marks on her arm and they said, in there snooty accent that sounded like it hurt. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The only flaw in the accent was the fact the waiter pronounced 'You', 'Yew' Akkia shook her head. "Look, i'm a paying cutomer who just wants her food, and then Il go, alright?" The Waiter sneered. "Your driving away customers." Akkia risen her eyebrow slightly. "What? Do I smell?" She sniffed her arm and then sniffed about. "Oop, sorry, that would be the bucketload of bleach you put on that tile." She grinned, pointing to a random tile, the waiter sneered a bit more and Akkia sighed lightly, settling herself in her seat.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/09/2008 4:34 PM

Cimarosa gave the waiter a look that, if looks could kill, she would have dropped dead.  Sheesh, why did everyone judge Akkia by the needle marks on her arm?  Nevertheless, Rosa had the half-full tranquilizer in a bag attached to her dress, ready to stab it into one of Akks' veins if needed.  Looking at the menu, she placed her order in a quiet voice.  Then, she brushed a strand of stray purple-black hair from her face as she offered a tiny smile to Akkia.

[8.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/10/2008 11:52 AM

Akkia said nothing and simply returned the smile, watching as one of the waiters slipped, she darted forward, catching the waiter, but not the food that smashed on the ground. The waiter gave her a look that could kill and Akkia helped her up. The waiter then scurried off to wash her hand, Akkia was then given glares as she sat down. She lowered her head slightly as she felt eyes boring into her back. A waitress returned and dropped the food noisily infront of them, Akkia slowly at the food, she sighed slightly and said gently. "Sometimes, I think it would just be better if I was more like Paranoia, nobody shuns her, nobody despises her." She sighed slightly and began to laugh gently. "Man, i'm starting to sound depressive now." Akkia then smiled, but the smile didn't reach her eyes. She sighed slightly and watched as another waiter slipped on the leftover food, but that time, she didn't help, and she felt more eyes boring into her back because the waiter was closest to her. Akkia then placed her head on the table beside her food with a moan of anguish. Whispers then spread around the cafe as the waiter was helped back into the kitchen.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2008 6:18 PM

"Well, I don't know who this Paranoia is, so I can't speak on that one..." Rosa said quietly, a slight chuckle in her voice.  "Besides, I'm sure that not everyone on the face of Evelon despises you.  I mean, your trainer obviously cares for you enough that she gives you a home." She insisted.

After a moment, she added, "Doesn't matter what the rest of Evelon thinks about you, I say that they judge you by how you look--not who you are."

[8.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 8:20 AM

Akkia mumbled. "Tell that to them." She said, her voice barley recognisable through the table. Her thumb jabbed behind her to the many boring eyes and it flopped back onto her head, ontop of the other hand. She slowly risen her face, her tearstains glimmering lightly. She hadn't ben crying, but it was hard to convince anyone when you have tearstains that you have a happy-bouncy life. She missed Arwen. Always so wise, knwoing exactly what was going to happen to her, knowing exactly what type of horrid life was ahead of her. Akkia thumped a fist on the table as she rested her forehead on it. Sighing gently. "How can Duskie be so...so...so...heartless?" Spite entred her voice as she breathed those words. He felt her ears and tail flicking. Great. Just what she needed. She felt what seemed to be a....Shoe?....Connect with the back of her head, she yelped with pain, spun around to see a man standing weilding another shoe, his own shoes. She yelped again and ducked as another shoe went over her head. "Get out! Both you mongrels!" Akkia snarled. But she felt a shoe connect with her face, knocking her off her seat. She grumbled something, rising and watching as more shoes flew over there heads. Now they were throwing plates, knives, anything they could pick up. "No good druggie!" Someone yelled. "Darned overbread lucain!" They were starting to fling projectiles at them both. Akkia yelped, grabbing Rosa's hand, discarding a few keystones on the table and dragging her outside, into the street, where people sneered, but didn't throw things at them. Akkia looked at her with humerously panicked eyes. "Shall we...go to somewhere a little less hygenic?" She laughed lightly, nervously.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 9:35 AM

Rosa growled as she heard the "overbred" insult reached her ears.  "Yes... let's leave before they give me a chance to really become offended." She said quietly, standing up as she deflected a projectile that was heading for her.

"Let's see... where else can we go?" She asked, looking around.  She noted that there was a tavern nearby that had a name that struck her as familiar, but why was beyond her...

[8.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 9:52 AM

Akkia nodded slightly towards the tavern. "Looks like we might be welcomed there." she watched with interest as people lolled out of the tavern door, swaggering drunkly and walking down the road, hands over eachother's shoulders, bottles of beer in each hand as they swaggered off, singing brawly songs. Akkia lay her ears back as her nose wrinkled. "Well, I didn't know that someone could bend that far." She started towards the tavern, looking back at Rosa with a smile and offering a hand to tow her along, a kindly, but nervous smile tugging at her lips. She began to cross the road, looking back and forth, watching for a truck, or a car, or something to come along and knock her over.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 10:14 AM

Rosa chuckled as she said, "For whatever reason, this tavern is known to me... or, at least, a relative of mine.  She prefers to go by the name of Star, but her real name's Areia.  I haven't heard from her in a long time, though--I think that her flirtatious nature got her into a bit of trouble." She shook her head as she slowly took the outstretched hand.  A shy and nervous smile tugged at her maw.

[8.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 12:53 PM

Akkia smiled slightly, towing Rosa towards the tavern, often looking over her shoulder and smiling, making her tearstain glisten slightly more as the light caught the markings. Stopping suddenly at the door, letting go of her hand and looking over her shoulder to Rosa. Then slowly pushing open the door. The freindly atmosphere of the tavern didn't pause when Akkia walked in, showing her trackmarks, the people who did look at her, grinned and looked to her satchel and grinned wider. She smiled and felt relaxed. The rowdy noise hadn't stopped as the two misfits stepped in. Akkia headed towards the bar, and a large man greeted her, a shaven head and a large, handlebar mustache. "Wel'm, 'ow can ay 'elp ya?" The bartender leant a large, burly, tattoed and hairly arm on the bar, slowly leaning towards Akkia. "Ay loike ta show a lo' o' 'os-pit-'alitee to me pre'y la'ies." Akkia slowly leant back, wrinking her nose slightly and looking over to Rosa with begging eyes, mouthing 'Save-Me' as she clutched to the bar for dear life, gritting her teeth as the man leaned more forward, one large hand begining to stretch out to grab Akkia's arm.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 1:43 PM

Rosa looked at the bartender with accusing eyes.  Bloody drunk, she thought to herself as she cleared her throat.  "Pardon me, but do you think you could get us some drinks first?  I mean, we came in here for some food and drink." She said, her eyes holding nothing but venom for that bartender.

Inside her mind, though, she was screaming.  What on Evelon in wrong with me?!  I mean... I'm defending her like she was... like what Aerik'ith is to Areia... but... I... grarg!

[8.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 1:58 PM

The bartender flicked his eyes from Rosa to Akkia. "Are you...related...or?" Akkia quickly snatched up Rosa's hand, hoping this would keep people at bay. "Yes, We're together." She entwined her fingers in Rosa's, holding up there hands that hand there fingers entwined together. The Bartender flicked his eyes from woman to woman, grumbled slightly and walked off to fetch drinks. Akkia then let go of Rosa's hand, sighing and running her hands through her hair, her ears laying back as she mumbled. "By the purities, I'm so sorry, It was the only way to get men off my back." She shuddered heavily and grumbled. "Litirally." She then jabbed a thumb towards a group of young men, one frozen in mid-saunter when he saw Akkia grasp Rosa's hand, and he wandered back to his freinds, defeated.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 2:15 PM

"No, no; I understand entirely." Rosa quickly said, glad that her dark fur hid the blush creeping up into her face.  "My cousin, Areia, is the same way--only she is with another woman as her life-mate." She said, her ears slightly flattened.  She groaned to herself as she thought, What in Yepha's name will I tell Ravish if he ever comes back? She tapped her nails against the bar, her three tails casting shimmers of light around the tavern.

[9.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 2:38 PM

Akkia smiled shyly and watched as the bartender dropped off there drinks, keeping up there charade by gazing at Rosa, and when he was gone, she dropped her gaze, swigged her drink and nodded slightly. "The only reason why I didn't choose one of the males in my pen is because Blaidd is well, Blaidd, Styx is promised to someone else, and I don't feel comfortable around men." She ran her finger over the rim of the glass, as her other hand suppourted her face, staring into the depths of the drink, as if it was the endless abyss. With a few icecubes floating at the top. She sighed slightly, she would hve to tell her someday, may as well be now. "The reason why, is because I once had pups, and a not-so-happy family, I was forced to mate, have pups." She winced at the memories, as they came flooding back. Her tearmarks were glistening, but this time, not from the light. "I killed my pups. I could never love them." She breathed, quickly wiping away shedded tears. She swigged her chilled drink and breathed heavily. "I ended up escaping, but I was already broken, I had already earned my tearstains, I had earned my blind eye." Her fringe had now covered her blue eye, her arms wrapping around herself as she whimpered gently. Why had she just exposed her scars to her? She had re-opened the old wounds as her face shown so much pain. Beginning to shudder lightly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 2:50 PM

Rosa looked carefully at Akkia as she began to cry slightly.  It pained Rosa's heart to see anyone that hurt, and it was in Rosa's nature to be caring and gentle.  "Hey, hey... don't cry." She said quietly.  "If I had been in your situation, I probably would have done something a little worse than that.  That's... part of my gift.  Or... curse, however you look at it." She said, barely above a whisper.  That was the one thing she could live without... and yet it always haunted her.

[9.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next