The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 2:59 PM

"I'm not crying." She mumbled, her voice wavering and echoing with sobs. "I'm just....cold?" She asked herself. Well, she certainly was cold. Her arms wrapped tighter around herself due to the lack of a jacket. Her hand reached out for her drink, and she drank it quickly. Wiping away the small tears from her face, quickly. Silently hoping rosa hand't heard the sobs in her voice or the tears on her face. When she spoke about a 'Gift' Akkia's eyes slowly looked at her. "What....do you mean?" She asked gently, then lowering her gaze, following the patterns on her lower arms, that were restingon the counter with her fingers. watching the majesty of the swirling black pattern against her browned skin. She sighed slightly and looked back over to Rosa. she wanted to say that she didn't deserve these markings. But to be honset, she thought she did.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 3:21 PM

Rosa sighed.  "I am called the Musical One for a reason." She said quietly.  She tried to remember the first time that she had used her power--unbeknowst to her--and she shuddered.  "When I was a pup, I was walking around in Idalani, singing to my heart's content, when I heard a faint thump.  I looked around, startled.  The one place I didn't look was down in front of me.  So, when I tripped over the form of a dead Matches..."

She shuddered.  "I tentantively tried to forget that image, but when I continued singing and came across a Hollowheart that tried to scoop me up, it, too, fell down dead.  I was frightened.  I had just been singing a song my mother taught me, and already two pets had fallen dead after hearing me singing.  Don't get me wrong, everyone tells me I have the voice of an angel..." She sighed.

Then, of course, she rose her head up.  "Then, Fire introduced me to instrumental music.  That had to be the best thing I was ever given the chance to do; I was hired to play at a funeral one time, playing the oboe, and when I started to play a song at the reception, everyone was amazed to see the Kuhna slowly open her eyes and sit up, wondering why everyone was crying.  I was amazed, but I was also scared.  I loved to sing, yet I couldn't because it killed all who heard my voice..."

[9.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 3:34 PM

Akkia frowned slightly, truly lost for words. The only thing she could do was move slightly closer to Rosa, gently wrapping her arms around her shoulders in a freindly, or even motherly, hug. Her brow furrowed slightly. as she looked about, expecting to be shoved away, watching for aonyone who would saunter over and attempt to flirt. Snarling at the people closest. Low, feral snarls. After a few moments, it was a lucain that sat on the seat. She moved her paws from Rosa's shoulders, and placed her paws on the counter. She began to laugh lightly. "Like a fairytale, really, We're both pretty much miserable." She then hopped down from her seat and said gently, heading for the exit. "Hope you find your prince. I probably never will." She sighed slightly and began to nose the door open.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 3:53 PM

"Wait..."

Rosa almost hesitantly turned around as Akks moved to leave.  "Akks... my prince won't ever come back.  At least, I don't think he will.  You see, I met this Lucain in Basantha while I was fleeing for my life from these demons that wanted to use my powers for their own reasons.  I... I loved him, but I haven't seen him since then.  No one's seen or heard from his trainer--Becca--in a while.  I've... long since given up hope that he'll return."

She almost laughed here.  "And plus, I'm of overbred blood, apparently.  Most male Lucain don't give me a second glance once they hear the names of the lines I bear." She said, sighing.  "So... I doubt I have a prince in my future." She said.

[9.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 4:04 PM

Akkia looked over her shoulder, even though her sight was obsucred by her wingblade. "You have a better chance then me." She then Pushed through the door, morphing into her human form, checking her satchel was on her hip. She nodded slightly and began forward, abstent-mindedly stroking the walls, leaving a small trail of blood. She sighed, turning into an alleyway and nestling herself in a corner, feeling sobs wrack through her body. "I don't love her, I don't love her." She repeated, over and over to herself. "I couldn't love her." Her voice grew desperate. She then bowed her head as her forehead connected with her knees, mumbling hoarsley. "I love her."

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 4:13 PM

Rosa sighed as she watched Akks walk out of the tavern.  She could also feel a few of the patrons coming closer to her now.  "Get away from me, you vile monsters!" Rosa said angrily as one of them tried to touch her.  Throwing a few meager keystones onto the bar, she ran outside, into the fresh air.  "No, no, no, no... I can't... I can't do this..." She said to herself as she felt tears stain her face.  She groaned as she felt the music welling up inside her; the one thing she didn't need now.  When she heard Akks' voice, she growled to herself as she said, "Why must I be cursed?!"

The female Lucain sighed as she walked past the alleyway, stopping just outside of it and sitting down.  Tears had washed white streaks onto her face; she was in really bad shape now.  She was fighting the need to express her feeling in song now; doing that would mean death for Akkia if she heard.  That was something Rosa could not stand to think of.

[9.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 4:25 PM

Akkia was tugging on her eears, growling "No. No. No." To herself with every pull, feeling pain shoot through her head with every tug. She looked over the pile of trash she was hiding beside, her ears now pricked, her eyes peering over and spying Rosa, she winced. She was crying, why was she crying? She felt her form changing, becoming a lucain, her satchel still hooked around her neck and she bolted from behind the trash, past Rosa, ignoring the blurred tears that obscured her sight, her form flexing. The only thing that was left of Akkia in that alley now, was a pil of knocked-over binbags, and a few pawprints with blood. She continued to run, weaving through people and alleys, bounding over trash. She eventually thunked into something, it was hard for her to see, and she found a wall. "How the?" She asked herself, looking up at the large, impassavble, intimidating, red bricked surface. Akkia's ears lay back and she sighed, giving up and rolling into a ball at the foot of the wall.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 4:32 PM

Rosa wasn't sure how long she stayed there, crying, but she knew that there were people that were looking at her oddly.  "Just go away..." She'd mutter whenever one walked past and stopped in front of her.  When she heard the bin fall over onto its side, she looked up, just in time to see Akks bolt by.  She noticed the blood in the shape of pawprints, but she made no move to get up yet.

"What is WRONG with me?!" She howled in a whisper, groaning as she curled up tighter now.  She wasn't going to run off to try and comfort Akks just yet... no... she herself was still so confused.

[10.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 4:48 PM

Akkia felt her mind drifting to sleep, her eyes slipping shut and she slept, blood still dripping from her paw. Absent-mindedly, she felt someone feeling over her paw, running there fingers over her track marks, inspect through her satchel, then bandage up her leg, stroke there fingers through her fur. When she eventually awoken, wich was less than a few minuites later, she found her head resting on a young girl's lap, smiling all the while, pushing her fingers through her fur. "Mornin' Akkia." The gril smiled, then was gone, leaving her, Akkia sprung up, she watched as the young woman waved and walked around the corner, About to run forward, she yelped and looked down at her bloody paw. How had she injured it so badly? She whimpered and sat on her haunches, her paw elevated as she sighed gently. "Shy." Akkia whimpered, willing for the young woman to return. Wanting her trainer to come back.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2008 5:10 PM

Rosa sighed as she finally stood up.  She knew that, unless Akks got some sort of medical attention, the girl's wound would get infected--and that would not go over well with her at all.  No.  Not now.  She didn't need someone who she had told her secret to--had entrusted a part of her to--dying.  She ran after the trail of bloody footprints until she came to the wall.

"Akks..." She said quietly, looking at the Feyline and Tearstain Lucain.

[10.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/13/2008 5:19 PM

Akkia slowly looked up at Rosa and quickly looked away, unable to move, not willing to shift into a safer form. She whined lightly and looked back up to Rosa. "I'm sorry." She mumbled, feeling her whole from changing again, she slowly approached Rosa, in her human form and threw her arms around her shoulders, unable to think of what else to do as she felt tears roll down her face, her bandaged arm screamed with pain, but she ignored it. The flare of pain in her arm made her face twitch with excruciating pain, wincing, but she didn't move her position, she simply buried half of her face in Rosa's shoulder, wating to ither be hugged back, or pushed away. Akkia sighed slightly, unsure of what else to do.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/14/2008 9:56 AM

It took Rosa a moment to make any sort of reaction.  This was all so new to her that she was almost scared, in all honesty.  Finally, her arms slowly wrapped around Akkia as she whispered, "It's all right, it's okay." One hand slowly stroked Akkia's hair as she said, "We need to get you medical attention, though--we can't let that wound get infected." She would make Akkia look at her, her eyes full of worry and relief.

Inside, however, it was a different story.  I'm almost worse than Areia; she already knew that she would only bend for females.  I... I almost had my Prince Charming, and then his trainer vanished.  I can only imagine what he'd say now...! She thought as she waited for Akkia's response.

[10.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/14/2008 1:22 PM

Akkia mumbled something into Rosa's shoulder, that sounded something like. "Uff Wou." Akkia refused to let go, still clinging tightly to Rosa, when she felt Rosa's hand against her hair, she eventually loosened ger grip, eventually letting go and wiping away shedded tears and taking a step back. "Sorry." Akkia mumbled gently, her hands stowed into her pockets, her eyes downcast as she shuffled her feet slightly. She badly needed a wash. She ignored the roars of people, telling them off. So what if Akkia liked girls? So what if no-ne else could understand why. She looked up as she heard the smooth voice of someone defending them. "There just a pair of lost pets, leave them alone!" Akkia found herself, looking shocked as a large, burly man standing infront of the alley, blocking the people's sight. He looked....hairy, to say the least. "Every one to there own. I say, and if there happy together, then let them be happy together!" Akkia smiled slightly. At least there was someone who didn't hate them on first sight.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/14/2008 3:44 PM

Rosa, too, looked surprised, to say the very least.  It almost didn't surprise her when another form slowly emerged from the shadows, clapping.  She turned for a second and looked around, surprised.  "I know those footsteps..." She said quietly as she turned around slowly.  Of course, it was a human form Hydrokuhna that stood there.

The Hydrokuhna laughed as she approached Rosa.  "And I thought that it would be the end of me when Star fell for another female... but then again, I almost expected it from her.  I thought you had Ravish Red, that nice young fellow." The Hydrokuhna said.  Rosa tensed up instantly.  "Please, Lady Aqua... don't mention him..." She pleaded.

Fontina laughed.  She actually laughed.  "I would ask why you are so reluctant to hear his name now, Rosa.  I... presume you know how close his linage was to yours?"

"Not another word about him!" Rosa said angrily, moving closer to Akkia.  "He may very well have been my brother, Fontina.  As soon as I realized that... I was appalled." She said, trembling.

[10.3][6.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/14/2008 3:57 PM

Akkia stood infront of Rosa, her arms spread, her head low and a snarl imprinted on her face. "Leave her alone." Akkia snapped. Anger bristling within her, but she kept her grownd, her hair falling over her shoulders as her jaws slowly parted, giving off a low, angry, protective growl. Her arm burned with pain as some of the marks weeped. She spat angrily, hoping to intimidate the foe. "Who are you?" Akkia growled, letting her lucain form take over, standing on three legs, her damaged leg hovering above the ground. This was going to give her a strong dis-advantage. Her hackles were risen and her eyes were filled with malice. "Leave us alone." She half growled, half whimpered.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer