The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby SpringsSong » 09/14/2008 4:18 PM

"It's... it's okay, Akks." Rosa said quietly.  "That's Fontina... or as she calls herself now, Lady Aqua.  She is a friend and pen-mate of mine." She explained in a low voice.  Aquina chuckled as she swept a curtsey and smiled.

"An honor, truly." Fontina said as she smiled.  "Like the Musical One said, I go by either Fontina or Lady Aqua.  Either one works for me." She laughed as she also explained, "Used to work at a place where people with nowhere else to go and could make an easy livin'... well, 'selling' ourselves."

Rosa shook her head.  "The place fell through, though.  Stopped a while ago.  No one goes to Dr. Red's anymore, and you need to accept that, Fontina.  No one's gonna pay your price for a night." She said firmly as she turned to Akks.  "Please forgive my friend.  She... tends to A, be a flirt and B, flirt with anything that moves and breathes.  Unless they are claimed, and then she has the decency to back off.  Don't ya?" She asked.  Fontina merely laughed.

[10.4][6.3]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/14/2008 4:35 PM

Akkia felt another snarl rush through her, letting it out from her parted muzzle. Her lips peeled back into a vicous, malacious smile, a heavy chuckle rising in her chest. Beginning to walk slowly around her, limping slightly as she did so. "So....You sold yourself, eh? Tell me this; Who would want you now?" Her eyes narrowed as she continued to circle her. "I'l tell you who. Ither someone who wants to be cheated on, someone whom is highly unfaithful, or nobody." She made another curcuit. "Please, inform me, is there anyone in your life, who cares for you?" A malacious laugh echoed through the alley as she made another circle around the kuhna. "Why do I doubt that?" She stood behind her, turning into her human form, placing both hands on the Kuhna's shoulders, coming out to the left of the kuhna's head. "You don't want to hear this, do you?" She then moved her head to the other side. "Nobody-Wants-You." Akkia then laughed evily as she stepped back, letting go of her shoulders.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2008 10:01 AM

"Tell me something I don't already know." Fontina hissed angrily, her eyes shimmering with rage.  "I already knew that no one wanted me.  Not even my own siblings want anything to do with me." She said as she looked down at the ground in disgust.  "Only man who ever gave me any attention, I denied so severely over and over again that the next time I saw him, he was taken by a master of shadows."

"Maybe you could've been nicer to poor Aaron, Fontina." Rosa growled as she turned to Akkia.  "Let's go, Akks, before Fontina gets either of us too much angrier." She said, glaring at the human form Hydrokuhna.  "And you wonder why no one wants you, Fontina.  You wonder why you never had any customers at Dr. Red's.  I'll tell you why--you're promiscuous.  You love to flirt.  You can't find anyone to just stay with; you're one that can't stay." She said as she turned to walk off.

[11.0][6.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/16/2008 12:39 PM

Akkia was still grinning, chuckling, walking up beside Rosa and stretching, still grinning. "That felt....so good." She sighed, letting out all of that pent up rage, probably by tearing out someones heart and squeezing it untuil it burst was hardly the right way, but it still felt good. She sighed lightly and patted her satchel lightly, then noticing something was missing, she cussed, looking about and digging through the satchel. "Oh...crud..." She sighed slightly. "Try to keep me calm, thats the last of the tranquilizer we have." She said, pointing to the bag hanging off Rosa's belt with a sigh.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/19/2008 4:40 PM

Rosa nodded as she looked at her pocket.  "All right.  Let's see... where can we go where we can get more of this?  Is there a doctor's office in Medicai where Shy gets this stuff for you?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.  She certainly hoped there was; if there wasn't what would she do if they ran out of the tranquilizer?

[11.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/19/2008 5:45 PM

Akkia shook her head slightly. "She gets them from a special source, not allowed to say..." She looked thoughtful as she stared down at the sidewalk, her hair creating a shroud around her face, her eyes glaring at the floor as she shuffled her feet, her brow furrowed, her eyes narrowed, her nose wrinkled. She finally cocked her head back up, her eyes closing and letting out a long, heavy breath of air, feeling the wind whip around her figrue, splaying her hair slightly and she shoved her hands into her pockets, the feyline barkings still trailing up her arms, and there, they would forever stay. "I should be alright, though, you just have to pin me down and...." Her voice trailed off as pain flashed through her face, biting her bottom lip harshly as she whispered. "Hurt me." She pulled her left hand from her pocket and ran it up the feyline markings on her right arm, following the pattern with her thumb, still chewing on her bottom lip. "Not all of these scars are from tranquilizers." She murmured, not willing to talk any more on the matter.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/27/2008 9:26 AM

"Hurt you?"

Rosa said this with the slightest tone of hurt and uncertainty herself as she contemplated this.  She didn't like the thought of hurting anyone, much less someone she loved.  After a few moments, she finally made a response from the dead silence she'd fallen into.

"Okay, Akks."

[11.2]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/27/2008 9:56 AM

Akkia smiled slightly. "Just a bit, possibly until I'm unconsious, in severe cases." She sighed, then held out her hand to Rosa, for her to take, absent mindedly and seemingly serching for comfort too. Her eyes loking straight forward, out onto the lonley, dirty, rattegan riddened streets. Walking across them, hoping they would get out of this place soon enough. It would be nice to get a bath. Then rosa might actually want to take her hand and not have hers feel stickly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/28/2008 9:49 AM

Rosa seemed to sense what it was that Akkia wanted; "I still know where that place was that Fontina stayed at--Dr. Red's Specialized Services, it was called.  Although I never saw the inside of the building for myself, I know they have lodgings and washrooms there--Fontina said that some of the rooms had to have been taken right out of a luxury hotel." She said.  She knew relatively where it was; even though it had fallen into disuse, it could still be useful.

[11.3]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/28/2008 10:04 AM

Akkia looked over to Rosa, then her hand, and dropped it with a gentle blush and nodded lightly. "Alright. Just lead the way." Akkia offered a smile, but that fell as she heard footsteps, spinning around and seeing the man from the alleyway before, she gave off a heavy snarl. "What do you want?!" Stepping infront of Rosa. Akkia probably wasn't the better fighter, but her anger probably put her at a stange advantage as the man held out his hands in a surrendering way. "Please, miss. I just wanna help. I found these." He dug one of his hands into his pocket and her snarl grew. He then pulled out 3 vials of tranquilizers, placed them on the floor and rolled them to Akkia, having more sence than to step forward. Akkia stopped them with her foot and quickly bent down, scooping them up and placing them in her satchel. Then turning back to Rosa. "Looks like we're good." Akkia said simply, then began to turn away. The man looked confused, then shrugged and started to walk away, without another word. Akkia took in a deep breath and began to walk. Speaking carefully, gently, choosing her words carefully. "Rosa, I was just wondering, what am I to you? As in, do you think of me as a friend? or just someone who needed help...?"

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/28/2008 10:21 AM

Rosa blinked as the man rolled three vials of tranquilizers over to Akks.  She breathed a sigh of relief, and then, she gulped mentally when Akks asked her that question.  "I... I definitely think of you as a friend, Akks, but... all of a sudden... it feels like we are more." She said, placing a hand on Akk's shoulder.  "At any rate, come on.  Dr. Red's place should be right over this way."

Sure enough, the building in question wasn't that far from where they were.  As Rosa walked in, the undeniable scent of one of her blood reached her nose.  "Yep, this is the place.  I can still pick up trace scents of my cousin, Areia." She said as she turned back to Akks.  "The rooms and washrooms are upstairs.  I'll show you where I'll be, and then I'll take you to the washrooms."

[11.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/28/2008 10:37 AM

Akkia looked slightly quizzical at her statement, but then continued by her side, nodding slightly. "Well, by the way you put it." Akkia said gently, her voice hushed as they moved through the establishment. "I....Think I feel the...same?" Akkia said gently, then looking about, then sniffing. "If you brush against some of the walls, I should be able to follow your scent, I can smell soap." She panted lightly and headed towards one of the bathrooms, slowly falling onto all fours, then slipping off her satchel and tossing it towards Rosa. Swinging it by the strap so the large bag made of heavy, brown leather went flying in the general direction fo Rosa, hoping she would catch it. Akkia looking at her with a faint smile.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/28/2008 10:46 AM

Rosa smiled as she quickly caught the satchel before shifting into her Lucain form, her Celestial catching what little light there was and scattering it onto the walls.  She let her tails brush against the wall as she padded up the stairs quietly, wondering how her sister had managed to live here, if she had.  Then, after another few moments, she went inside the third room to the right from the top of the staircase.

"I may never know WHY Areia came here..." she muttered to herself, "but, I must admit, these people that ran this place had good tastes."

[12.0]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 09/28/2008 11:05 AM

After a while, Akkia walked into the room, wringing her hair into a towel, the rest of her perfectly dry. her face wasn't smeared with blood and mud anymore, and she smiled at rosa as she whistled a gentle tune, rubbing her hair slightly and placing the towel down, her hair looked nicer, anyway. Her clothing was still slightly grubby, but there was nothing she could do about that. "Where too next?" Akkia asked gently, looking about the room with curiosity.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/28/2008 11:30 AM

Rosa had been sitting on the edge of the bed, her eyes half-lidded in meditation, almost.  After a moment, she looked up at Akkia.  "I honestly don't know, Akks.  I don't exactly want to go back out there yet... some of those men frighten me." She said, shaking her head.  "I still always fear that someone will ask me to sing; will force me to sing, and I'll have no choice..." Here, she took one of Akkia's hands.  "And I honestly to not want to have to try and explain how you died to anyone, or why you'd come back to life with a sang from my oboe."

[12.1]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext