The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

More Than Just a Victim To Me...[P]Me and Toxy

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/26/2008 10:43 PM

The wind rustles the leaves, forcing them to blow along the poorly lit cobblestone path. They cling to the wet boots of the hurried pedestrians, soaked and irked by the heavy rains. The moon glistens above, like an overgrown star, and most people enjoy its beautiful light, as if it were sweet company to them. But some don't even care.

Voltage Fellox

Sitting on a bench, a girl dressed in complete black scares the few passerbys who even dare to pass her. She blends in with the darkness, and does not move from the bench. Although the rain is soaking her and her hoody, she doesn't dare move. Moving would be a fatal mistake to all, a risk that she could never take. Her eyes scan the small street for a familiar face, and it dissapoints her slightly and she frowns. Holding the arrow clutched tightly in her pale skin, she fights the urge to kill the next annoying person that blocks her view. "Patience, Ali." She mutters to herself. "The time will come when you can release eternal arrows. Shed so much blood you can bathe in it." Just saying those words brings a smile to her face, and she brightens slightly. Suddenly, her enhanced hearing picks up the scratching of paws against the old, brick building the bench is pressed upon. Without looking, she knows who it is. "What took you so long?" She asks, her voice cold and bitter. The creature, shielded by the shadows of the night hisses, "Do the stupid work yourself then. You think i like scurrying in the rain looking for some stupid guy?" Aliuvial growls, the Fellox in her coming out a bit. Regaining her composure, she bends down, offering a hand o the creature. Reluctantly, he retreats from the shadows.

Hollow Rattegan

"I do find you carrying me like a pet hamster degrading." He mutters, and tthe girl rolls her electric blue eyes. "Just let's go. The easier we kill him, the sooner we get out of this dump." Suddenly, the girl's eyes widen. She sees a man pass through the crowd, and flinches slightly. It's him.
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/29/2008 8:47 PM

[Not the best of my introductions, but I'm still trying to work out kinks in my chosen character's personality and such. Basically just finally designed him an hour ago for the sake of this roleplay. ^ ^;;]

Him, indeed. This "him" having absolutely no clue that he was targeted. What reason would one hold to kill him? Well, he wouldn't very well say a thing on that subject.  But the point of the matter was, even if he was shady or no, was that his fate had been decided by another and unknowingly rested in the hands of a perfect stranger.

Meckichi, as he was named upon birth, couldn't say why he was out for a walk in the middle of a time of rain, let alone down here in the Slums. He was just drawn outside today. Perhaps...perhaps he'd find something to do, a place to take rather then continuing to uselessly exist. It could happen; it wasn't likely, but it could. So, with nothing much on his mind, he trekked on through the rain, mud getting stuck onto his black, steel spike lined, boots. How annoying. He'd have to clean them later. Presumably, that was the least of his worries though. Without a hood or umbrella to cover his head, drop after drop of beating rain soaked his hair, washing out the gel and making his usually fairly spiky black, teal streaked, hair flop down around his face. He could have very well gotten himself sick, yet he didn't mind so much. All else was covered, save for his head and face, as he was wearing a long coat that went down even past his knee. Black. He liked black. The most of his outfit consisted of it. People stared at him as they hurried by, he moving at a much slower pace then they. Like the one sent out to kill him, people feared him, in a sort of way.

"Rain..." He huffed, pulling the gas mask from around his neck off of it and pouring out the water that collected in it, a useless action, as more water clung right back to it. "Someday, this will be useful," he mused to himself.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/29/2008 10:27 PM

[[That's alright.^^]]

Seakul followed Aliuvial's gaze, his cold, unfeeling eyes watching the male as he trudged on.

"That's him?"

He asked the girl. She nodded gravely, picking up the black backpack that served as a weapons pack. Now was the time. She would taste the blood of a new victim.

Seakul tucked himself inside Aliuvial's coat pocket, clutching onto the light material tightly. The girl pulled her hood a little bit father now, trying to conceal as much of her blue hair as possible. Then she escaped into the nearby ally, leaving ripples in the puddles she stepped in. Coming to an apartment fire escape, she jumped expertly onto the ladder, propelling herself upwards to grab onto the stairwell. Once her hang grasped the slippery metal, Aliuvial swung her legs to flip backwards so that her legs were rapped around one of the escape's bars. Then she reached upward and grabbed the railing, now lettin her legs dangle.

"Putrid rain..." She muttered, finally getting up on the escape.

Racing up the stairs quietly, she frequently let her eye wander on an open window, the inhabitants not noticing a girl running up to the roof. Seakul dug deeper into her pocket, knowing that the most nerve-wrecking part was coming up.

Once on the roof, Aliuvial ran to the edge and ducked, trying to spot her victim. Spotting the man, she clasped the arrow in her hand again. She wanted to spill blood more than ever now. But to her dismay, the man was too crowded so even the most skilled killer couldn't kill him without killing one who stood in his path. And killing one's who weren't on this "list" was greatly looked down upon in "The Five."

"Looks like we'll have to take a different approach." She hissed to the rattegan burrowing into her pocket.

"Oh, lovely." Seakul muttered in reply.

Aliuvial stood up, rain beating loudly against her hood. She then ran over to the side edge of the building, still keeping a close eye on her target. She couldn't loose him. Taking a deep breath, Aliuvial got a running start and leaped from the ceiling of the run down apartment she was standing on, and over to a nearby club's ceiling. The flourecent lights worried her, for they were shining upwards. If he saw her, that would make the girl's job much too hard. But then another thought crossed her mind. Would he enter the club?
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/04/2008 5:37 PM

Now, Meckichi wasn't so blind as to not notice something...unusual about this day. This time. It felt like he was being watched, but people often got that feeling. Why should he bother reading into it? Well, he almost suspected the feeling to be real. He wasn't on the best side of everyone, that was for sure. However, he had been laying low as of late. There was nothing recently to hold against him. Safe? Did he really think he was safe? Not quite, but close enough. Without realizing it, he shook his whole body a little, as if trying to shake the feeling off.

Ah, a club. "I really shouldn't..." he mumbled to himself, gazing up at the neon name sign that glowed fantastically despite the gloom. Rain beat down against his face as he looked up, forcing him to shield his eyes with a hand. Luckily for Aliuvial, his gaze didn't go any farther up then just the sign. He didn't see her. The rain in his face did make him come to a decision- he would enter, just to get dried off.

Following in a group of people, the music from the inside blasted out when the door was opened. He made a face at first, until he grew accustom to the noise. Entering in, it was dry, even warm from all the bodies throughout the building. People danced wildly in the center, almost like one endless wave, all connected to one another. Some dancers were flowing out here and there. Mostly along the edges of the club were tables and booths. There was a bar, of course, as well, and all that random nonsense. The Lucain didn't care for the atmosphere at all.

Making his way around the crowds, oddly careful not to bump into anyone, he finally took a seat in an empty booths. It wasn't long before he was disturbed either, one of the ladies from the bar coming over and nattering on while having asked him if he wanted a drink. "Whatever you recommend," he requested, shutting her down as she asked for his name. The woman frowned only momentarily before smiling at him again. "I have just the thing for you! I'll be back in a few moments, I promise." She winked at him, and he rolled his eyes when she'd turned away from him to take orders from some other sitting guests in the area. How stupid she was to hit on practically any guy she thought cute. Ridiculous.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 10/09/2008 8:11 PM

Oh crap. Her victim had decided to go dry off in the club, which would make her task even more difficult. Sighing, she pulled off her hood, letting her bright blue hair get darkened and damp by the heavy rains. Poking her pocket, Seakul sheepishly emerged, cleary upset by him getting wet.

"Next time you sign up for a little victim, get someone who lives in the Dead Coast. I hate rain." He muttered.

Aliuvial rolled her electric blue eyes, and folded her arms.

"If you could just stop complaining for one second, I'd like to inform you that my victim has just entered a club."

At this, Seakul's tiny ears perked and his beady eyes narrowed. Loud music, drunk topless girls, desperate men, and flirtatious bartenders. Just his luck. Hissing loudly, he shrunk back into her pocket.

The girl let a grin spread across her face, secretly glad Seakul was so cross. His tiny exterior made it hard to take him seriously sometimes, and right now he looked so furry and cute. But she knew better then to tell him that; when he wanted to, he could be mean. Looking about one more time, she ran to the edge of the building and jumped onto the fire escape. Sliding down the edge, she landed somewhat gracefully onto the cobblestone alley.

"Get ready." She muttered to the Rattegan, turning the corner. Pulling her hood back up she entered the club.

Looking around at the interior of the club, Aliuvial's ears thumped along with the beat of the obnoxiously loud music. Why couldn't he have chosen to step into a cafe, where killing him would be easier? Scanning the large crowd, she finally spotted the boy, looking kind of cross waiting for his drink.

"Fear not young one, for your pain will soon go away." She hissed, her eyes focused on her subject.

Her focus was dismantled as a rather handsome character blocked her view.

"Hey babe, wanna drink?"

Usually, Aliuvial would have stabbed him multiple times and left without being seen. But this would give her a chance to get closer to her victim without seeming suspicious. The man removed her coat, exposing a tight, short gray shirt and a jeans miniskirt. Tossing the coat on the rack (Seakul's squeaks of protest could be heard), the mysterious stranger lead her to the seat directly next to her victim. Happy day.
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/14/2008 7:18 PM

It was hard to miss someone taking a seat next to you when you were sitting all by yourself and just observing everything around you for entertainment- which is exactly what happened with Meckichi and Aliuvial. He noticed her, as well as the man with her, that happened to come sit in the table next to him. It was a little unusual, that they selected the table next to someone else when there were so many free tables, but that wasn't actually anything to read into. Well...not for a normal person to, anyway. This humanoid formed Lucain was naturally suspicious of nearly everyone and everything.

Of course, before too many suspicious assumptions could arise about the simple matter, the waitress came back. His eyes were quickly drawn away from the two strangers not so far away to the woman serving him. She'd practically banged the thick glass down in order to get his attention, smiling all the while. "Here you are, Sir~" she spoke in a more mature sing-song way- flirting attempts right there. "Why don't you take a drink an' tell me if you like it? I'm sure you will."

Oh right. He'd forgotten. Often when you requested that your server choose your drink for you, they'd stick around while you tried it, which meant he actually had to drink it, whatever it was.
Taking the glass in his hand, he first sniffed at the drink- as if he was just curious as to it's taste and tried to figure out in such a way. However, that was not the case. Instead, he was checking it...It was a habit to try and sniff out poison. Having deemed that there was no such thing in his drink, he took a hearty swig, plastering a fake smile on once he'd swallowed. "Wonderful." Yea, that was his best attempt at being polite.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 10/14/2008 8:56 PM

The man sat, and started chattering away as if the two had been old friends. She nodded and tilted her head in wonder as if engrossed into the story, but was secretly listening to her victim's every word and breath. Before she killed someone, she liked to learn a little about them first. Before he took his first sip, she turned her chair around slowly to catch a glimpse of his face. When he forced a smile upon his face, she snickered in her seat. So, he was her type of guy? Surprise surprise. Congratulations Mystery Man, she thought. Because I'm like a child and love to play with my food, you have just earned yourself a little more time to love. I mean live. Jeezus where had that come from? Aliuvial shook her slip up from her mind and focused her attention back on Sir Seduce over there. He was still babbling aimlessly, and Aliuvial rolled her eyes. Suddenly, a thought came across her mind. "Scuse me."She muttered before pushing her way to the DJ. Dozens of bodies smacked her and she made her way to the stage, and she shoved them back hard. A few of them even fell over. Finally getting over to him, she watched him raise his eyebrows in a perverted way. "Excuse me, but I have a...er...special, request?"She said, smiling flirtatiously. The DJ's ears perked up at the word "special", and Aliuvial whispered into it. Nodding, he grabbed the mike as Aliuvial descended into the crowd. "Alright ya'll. Everybody who's anybody, get on the dance floor with your lover and get down!"A song blasted through the radio, and Aliuvial made her way to her victim. The man, obviously expecting her to ask him to dance, held out his hand. She stared blankly. Crap. She had to get rid of him. Beckoning to him over in a corner, she shielding everyone's view. Leaning in as if to kiss him, she switched out a knife and stabbed his stomach. He winced, coughed up blood, and fell to the floor in a bloody heap. Thank god no one could see them, or her cover would be blown. Dragging him into the nearby closet, she tasted some of his blood before walking over to her victim. "Hey you, come on. You're my new dancing partner."Before he could protest, shielding her face from his view, she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the dance floor.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/27/2008 5:07 PM

Much to his pleasure, the waitress was soon called off by another customer before he had to take another drink and he watched her go. Once her back was turned to him, Meckichi made a face and shoved his glass away from him. He wasn't thirsty. But it was in this moment that he caught the woman of the party of two next to him get up and shove her way through the dancing crowd. He cocked an eyebrow as she went. "Wonder what she's up to." he mused to himself in a whisper. Normally, he wasn't so curious about other people, but she did catch his attention. Without a doubt, the young man was wary of her. Something about her...it screamed that one should take care around her, less she try to pull the wool over their eyes- or much worse.

Suddenly, the DJ spoke. Ah, that was where she had headed. Ugh. Lovers. Great. Now he'd have to put up with everybody here loosing all senses to their object of love or lust. Fun. Ha. Stupid people though, always thinking they were in love only to have their hearts gouged out and trampled on in a bloody mess. All living things were sick little creatures, when it came down to it. Unless you were counting on trees and flowers. They didn't have emotions.
He huffed. "Maybe leaving is the better idea..." And he'd get away from that girl. Yea, perfect plan. He pushed his chair out from the table, only to watch Aliuvial come back over and beckon her partner to her. He didn't continue to look as the two of them wandered off together, eyes having diverted upward at the bright lights. They blinded him at first, but it was a whole heck of a lot better then watching the partnered off crowd. In just moments, he'd stood up, once more ready to retreat from the club scene.

Too late, too late~

Onto the dance floor he was dragged, too dazed to protest against the woman who'd pulled him there. He just...stood there. Like a statue once living, now frozen in time. His mind sort of left him back at his table right when she'd appeared before him- blame the lights, if you wanted. Who knew why it really shut down; he sure didn't.
Then he snapped out of it, shaking his head. He tried to get a good look at her, squinting, as the crowd shoved him a bit back and forth. "Lady, you picked the wrong partner for this." Had he not been paranoid of dancing, he would have snapped at all the people as they bumped into him. Yea, that's right, he was afraid to dance. He did try to compose himself though, as soon as he realized just which girl had dragged him out here. Eyes narrowed in accusation now. "Where's your other partner? Shouldn't you be dancing with him?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 10/27/2008 5:56 PM

Aliuvial widened her eyes as he spoke to her with such a harsh tone. Anger bubbled inside her, and she literally had to tear her hand away from her dagger. She stopped dancing and flipped her hair.

"Did I pick the wrong partner? Really? Because when you were watching me I kind of thought you were my type. But hey, we all make mistakes." She hissed, her eyes narrowed on him.

"As for the other guy? Well...he's not my type. Actually, I don't think he'll be anyone's now." She muttered, grabbing his hand.

"But I always get what I want, and I...want you."

Without thinking, she closed the gap between their lips, sucking him in to a long, passionate kiss. Uh-oh. What had happened? Aliuvial never....hit on her victims! Abort! Aliuvial parted from her victim and slapped a twenty in his hand.

"Here, tell the bartender to get you something pretty." She said, shoving her way past him.

Once she was out of his view, she began running, tripping on her heel. A single glass tear fell from her eye, one that she didn't understand its purpose. Grabbing her coat, she ran outside and swung it on. Aliuvial then slapped the pocket where her small friend was nesting. He popped up, clearly annoyed.

"What the hel-Aliuvial? Is that a tear?" He asked, his beady eyes wide.

Reaching up, he gently slid it away.

"Oh no....ohnoohnoohno! You fell in love with him, didn't you!" He accused.

Aliuvial turned her head in shame, and Seakul patted her shoulder with understanding. The girl was the only one he could ever feel for, really.

"Aliuvial...kill him. Bury all of your sorrows with his body, feel...no taste the blood of his black heart." He said, his eyes glaring.

Wiping her tear streaked face, Aliuvial nodded with renewed confidence. No. He had used her, destroyed her. Gripping her dagger, she retreated into the darkness of the ally. He was hers...whether he liked it or not.
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items