The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Postby Ghostlily » 11/06/2008 9:42 PM

Sabakuzare casually strolled through the halls, calm and suave. He didn't let a sign of nervousness show--not that he had any second thoughts about this at all. He had his eye on the prize--and anyone that might have their eye on him. Saba wasn't foolish. There was always the chance, always the risk, that he might get caught. It happened to the best of theives. One wrong step and you could end up in jail. Not that it would be that hard for Saba to escape out of a jailhouse. It just wasn't worth his time.
Saba strolled through the halls until he heard the sound of music. It was so enticing, but he had to check a few things before he partied. Sneaking silently around the hallway, he came to a point where there was a small vent in the ceiling. He pulled a metal cord out of his bag and threw the end up. It latched on to the sides of the vent, held up by strong magnets. Saba climbed the rope with ease, then used another small tool to undo the screws that held the vent to the ceiling. As soon as it was open, he crawled into the tight space, pulling the cord up after him. He tucked it in his bag. Then, carefully, he set the vent back in place so that it wouldn't fall down to the floor, then crept off through the complicated network of metal.

Corcel sighed, hiding in the bushes. This was the boring part for him. Saba always got to do the fun part, yet he had to carry the Teigu away. Saba always shared his loot evenly with Corcel, but the Riopath wanted more. He wanted action. But Saba always said he was 'naive' and 'inexperienced.' Pfffft. Like Saba was perfect. He'd almost been caught once...But Corcel was obedient. He waited for Saba patiently, laying his head on his front claws.

[[4--4]]
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Roxianna » 11/06/2008 9:45 PM

Destiny followed the two, groaning quietly to herself when they entered the night club. Now she'd have to sneak in. It wasn't a very hard thing to do, it was just irritating to follow all of the steps in order to do it right. Honestly, Destiny had broken into many places without following procedure, and each time she'd been just fine, but this mission was one for the police headquarters, and she'd have to report all of her actions into them. If she didn't do it the way they wanted, she'd be punished, and forced to do loads of paperwork before she could participate in another mission.

After rolling her eyes, Destiny search the surrounding area for other people, even though she knew she was alone. Search Perimeter - Check. Next, she placed tiny cameras along all of the walls, so she'd be able to see if anyone were to come up there. Visual Surveillance - Check. After that, Destiny placed a tiny badge on the floor. This was so that any other near-by spies would know that she was in the building, and that someone was handling the situation. Safety Marking - Check.

Once the precautions were set up, the Lucain started searching for an entrance to the building. Finding a convenient air vent, she hopped inside and climbed through the chute.

The girl crawled through the vent, searching rooms and leaving marks so that she could find her way out. Exit Path - Check.

Then, she stopped and examined the room below her. Inside, the two she'd been tracking earlier we having a whispered conversation. She couldn't hear them, though, so she pulled out her "phone" and flipped it open. Unfortunately, she remembered too late that she'd already ordered a search on Nereus, and that by now the phone would have results for her.

A loud beeping tone echoed through the chute and out into the club. Destiny held her breathe and peered down at the inhabitants of the club to see if she had been noticed.

**1**
Its 2:45, the baby takes his first breath
The mother never knew he only had a few left.
And the father gets a call in the middle of the night.
His breathe gets short and his chest gets tight.

But he’s sixteen and he’s driving too fast
Takes a turn to the left, it would be his last.
Nobody knows what happens if he turns to the right
Nobody in the car would have died that night.

But he’s thirty-two and invincible
The cancer that he had, it was visceral.
He never saw it coming, though he had his whole life.
Sick in the morning and he died in the night.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 88
Donate
Location: How do you say 'under your bed' in a way that's not creepy...

23~4

Postby Krystalolive » 11/06/2008 10:21 PM

Nereus looked around the club, trying to ignore Rikki. He was about to calm down, when Rikki spoke to him. "Did you hear that?" Nereus was about to say 'hear what?' when he heard... Something. It sounded like an echo of some sort, an echo of a phone ring. He didn't hear it the first time because he got used to Krystal's annoying as heck ring tones. He looked at Rikki, wondering why he was looking around so much, when it hit him. Why had it echoed? He looked around, searching for any reason.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/06/2008 10:32 PM

Romulus silently followed the tracker. He probably wasn't blending in very well. Suddenly he stopped. A horrible thought--horrible for him, at least--had occured to him: What if Corcel had seen him? He should have used that "multiple target function" that dealer had raved about. If it even worked. No time for that now, though.

The tracker patterns were getting more and more confusing. Apparently, Sabakuzare was in this hallway, crossing it in fact, yet no one was there. Absently, he glanced upward, then cursed himself for not noticing sooner. There was a complex network of metal tunnels in here, probably ventilation. His target must be in there.

He waited for the little green blip on the tracker to move far enough away that he couldn't be heard, then cranked up his "wonder-boots". Stupid name, but he wasn't exactly trying to market them. Anyway, it was more of a mental association.

Finally, Romulus found what he was looking for: a vent. He dug in his backpack until he found a short iron bar, perfect for removing magnets. When all of the magnets were lined up neatly on the bar, he slid it into his pocket for re-use in a minute. Climbing up into the tunnel, he slid the vent back into place and replaced the magnets.

Finding a section that ran parallel to the one Sabakuzare was in, he made an effort to catch up with his prey. It would be amazing to cause the arrest of the elusive master thief, but he thought he would settle for at least a successful tracking.  Still, he could hope. He continued through the network, careful not to make any loud noises.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/07/2008 7:41 PM

Sabakuzare's movements were like a complicated dance. He moved fluidly, as if he were made of nothing but water, sliding along the tube silently. He'd done this a thousand, maybe a million times. He didn't stop, knowing that would kill his sleek motion. But then, a loud beep echoed through the tube. He stopped immediately, his ears twitching, trying to locate the sound. The echo it created signaled that it was far enough away that it wouldn't pose too much of a problem. But then...it just wasn't worth the risk. Someone might be following after him.
Saba traveled through the vents until the sound of music was loud and irritating in his Teigu ears. He grimaced slightly, but then started to undo another vent, this one near the bathrooms. As soon as it was out, he jumped from the vent and out onto the ground, but not before placing the vent so that it would fall in place when he jumped. Lucky for him, he was dressed for the occasion--literally. His outfit would blend in perfectly. Grinning to himself, Saba entered into the main room, the music blasting in his ears.

Corcel sighed, whistling softly to himself. It was so boring here. No people to play with, nothing interesting to look at. And the music coming from the club was so tempting...Why couldn't he just go into the club. It wasn't as if anyone would notice him...Well...not as 'Corcel, the get-away-Riopath.' No one even knew he existed...such a sad life it was for him.
But no more. He was going in the party. He was going to have some fun. And he was going to be known! Corcel rose to his feet, then began casually walking toward the party.

[5--5]
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 11/07/2008 8:19 PM

Swearing quietly under her breathe, Destiny quickly dashed to another section of the pipe.  it wasn't as she was stupid enough to sit still.  Staying put would only allow for someone to exact her location, and then she'd be in trouble.  

She moved quickly, Destiny headed towards the most likely exit to the chute: the bathrooms. If there wasn't an air vent in there, then this place had some seriously faulty design flaws.  Disgusting.

She was right though, and a vent lead straight towards the bathroom.  Ugh.  The men's bathroom.  Gross.  

Sighing, Destiny started to unhook the vent, but realized it was already undone.  Smiling at her bit of good luck, the girl jumped down into the room.'

For now, the bathroom was empty, so Destiny slide secretively into one of the stalls.  Then, she quickly ripped off her pink and black shirt, revealing the light blue tank top that she always wore under neath.  Then, she pulled off her black skirt and rolled down her blue jean pant legs.  Then, she pulled out a tiny compact mirror and removed most of her make-up, leaving only a thin line of eyeliner on.  Then, she pulled the mirror out of the case, and underneath she had two pairs of light blue contact lenses to change the color of her normally pink eyes.  She ended her transformation by pressing the button in the center of the bow in her hair.  The bow, one of her newest inventions, took the pigment in her hair and made it lighter, changing the color to blonde for exactly 30 minutes.  Then, she clipped in hair extensions, and finished the transformation, now dressed as her allies.  

When wearing her blue outfit, Destiny was trained to introduce herself as Chigiri, the name that was her only allies.

Then, still locked in the bathroom cell, Destiny pulled out her phone to check the search results that the database had come up with for Nereus.  Absolutely nothing.  Oh, that was just perfect.  She'd blown her cover over nothing.

Coming out of the bathroom stall, a man in or near his twenties looked at her, shook and confusion on his face.  Acting as if nothing were wrong, Destiny went to the sink and washed her hands.  Then, she walked out of the bathroom, leaving the man standing where he was.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 11/07/2008 9:04 PM

Rikki and Nereus looked around, then Nereus stopped and chuckled. "I swear that girl just came out of the men's room..." He pause, then shook his head. Rikki looked over at the girl, wondering if she was a cop. He shook his head to. No cops around here could follow him here, there were few female cops, and none that young. She was about as old as Nereus.

Rikki looked around, then took over as clud owner. He smiled, happy so many people were here. He walked to the front, seeing if anyone else was coming. He paused, then blinked and looked again. Was that a Riopath? He had seen many, many different people and species in his club, but not something like that. He was about to go back inside, but he stayed. He wanted to know why a Riopath was here, the middle of nowhere.

Nereus watched Rikki leave, then looked at the 'new girl'. He shrugged, then walked over. He was at a club, the home of risks. He walked to her, then smile and did a small wave. "Hi, I'm Nereus, and you are?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 11/14/2008 6:10 PM

((It's been a week already, so, Lily, just wait a couple more days, and if Indigo still doesn't post, just go ahead and skip over her.  

No offence, Indigo.  I'm not tryign to be mean or anything, it's just that I did say that this RP was supposed to be responded to at least once every other day.  ^^;;  Sorry))

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/22/2008 4:29 PM

(Yeah, sorry about that. I've really been bad about RPs lately.)

Still following the steady blip on the tracker's screen, Romulus continued along the pipe until the dot stopped moving. After a moment, it started moving again, only to stop once more near the bathrooms.

His ears just barely picked up the sound of a vent being undone. He opened a new tab on the tracker and flipped through settings until he was getting live feed from a hallway security camera. A few more buttons and he was looking down on the main room.

Romulus saw a slight movement by the door, but nothing else. Silently cursing the low-budget surveillance equipment, he zoomed in until he caught a glimpse of Teigu ears. Not much, but enough for him. Finding another vent, he lowered himself into the bathroom.

Brushing past a very confused-looking man, he stepped out into the main room. While there was no sign of Sabakuzare, he remained vigilant as he slid against the wall in an attempt to remain unseen.

{6}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/29/2008 5:37 PM

Sabakuzare strolled casually through the club scene, occasionally stopping to chat or dance, until he made his way over to the bar. After seating himself on a stool, he studied the room. The vent system seemed to be infiltrated by something, and at this point, he didn't want to risk crawling through the tight spaces. It might even be worth waiting until another night, to be sure that no one was following him. People had tried, and failed, to track Saba, so at this point, he was quite used to it. After another casual glance at the club, the Teigu ordered a non-alcoholic wine, knowing that if he got even a little buzzed, this entire night could go wrong. A
As he was drinking, Saba lifted his eyes to study the people. He saw a guy chatting casually with a blonde, a spiky-haired man leading a women away--the usual, in a club. People seemed very comfortable here. Excellent--the less suspicious they were, the better. Sabakuzare took another sip of his 'wine,' glancing around. What he saw next almost made him choke. Sputtering out liquid, Saba launched himself out of his chair and to the side of a rather confused Riopath.
"What the heck are you doing here, you idiot?!" Saba hissed, rather softly so that no one else would hear.
Corcel was indeed confused. There were so many sounds, so many sights, that he senses just couldn't absorb them quickly enough. And then Saba was there, to make things make sense again. Good old Saba--he was a good friend, that he was. But then he was being yelled at, and at this, Corcel felt shameful. "B..but I just wanted to have a little fun...I never get to have any fun..." Corcel pouted. Although he was obviously big, he was quite young at heart--younger than Saba, at least.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 12/01/2008 8:59 PM

Wow.  That was sure conviniet.  The subject was coming to talk to her.

Destiny smiled to herself, and replied," My name's Chigiri.  I'm new in town, and I don't really have any friends yet.  So, I figured I might as well go out and make some."  Casual conversation and vauge lies.  Always a good way to start out.  That way, you never gave away too much about yourself.  And anythign you did say wasn't gonna be true.

"So..." Destiny contined slowly.  "Do you come here often?"  The question was common enough for their scenary, but this would tell her so much more then it would tell anyone else.  If the answer were truthfull, Destiny would find out more then if Nereus came here often.  If he did, then that meant he probably lived near by, and if he lived in the Slums, then he was probably up to no good.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

25~6

Postby Krystalolive » 12/01/2008 9:28 PM

Rikki looked at the Riopath, a small smile on his face. He was about to go up and help the thing out when someone did it for him. Though, then it seemed like the new person yelled at the Riopath. The creature seemed sad, and Rikki never let someone get yelled at while he was around... Sometimes. He chuckled, then walked up to the two. "May I help you gentlemen?"

Nereus smiled at the girl, then shook his head. "Nah, this is my first time in the area. Had to come out to help my..." He paused for a second, not sure what to call Rikki. "Friend. You?" He looked at her again, wondering why she looked like she was really listening to him. Post just half noticed, or brushed him off.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: ~One Twisted Game of Following the Leader (Private)~

Postby Ghostlily » 01/08/2009 7:45 PM

[Okay, I'm just going to post, since that's okay with you, Roxi.]

Sabakuzare furrowed his brows together, trying to keep his self-control. He succeeded. Glaring at the Riopath, he muttered, "Honestly, you oaf, if you want to work with me--" He didn't get to finish his sentence. The frightened Corcel was saved by an interrupting Rikki. While the Riopath wagged his tail, happy to have a rescuer, Saba glared, annoyed. "Thank you, sir, but we're just fine. My friend here and I were just leaving now." Saba reached a hand out to grab Corcel's mane, but the struggled, then sat with a thud on the ground.
"I don't wanna go!" Corcel cried, in a little-kid like voice. He was so immature...But he wasn't willing to leave now, not while the party was just getting started! "I'm staying!" He held on to a bar stool while the annoyed Teigu tried to grab onto his tail and pull him away.

[7--7]
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: ~One Twisted Game of Following the Leader (Private)~

Postby Roxianna » 01/08/2009 9:35 PM

[Yeah, it's fine with me.  Indigo, if you want to jump in again, feel free.  I'm sorry about this, but I did ask that you try and reply once every other day... ><  ]

Interesting.  So Nereus didn't live near here, but his "friend" did...  Though Destiny doubted Nereus himself was up top anything, his friend was certainly a new suspect.

Answer the question, Destiny smiled and said, "My dad moved me and my family to the Slums recently.  He's...uh...in a bit of trouble with the police, you might say.  Just don't tell anyone"  Drat.  This story was becoming a bit to complicated.  If Nereus asked much more before Destiny could find out about his friend, then she'd risk being stuck in a complicated situation.

"So, about your friend."  Destiny tried to change to topic subtly, but her attempt was an epic fail.    Though it didn't much matter.  She could always say that she didn't want to talk about her father's "police problems", if she was questioned.  "What does he need your help with?"

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

26~7

Postby Krystalolive » 01/15/2009 7:02 PM

Rikki looked at the boy and the Riopath, then smiled. "If it's because of your friend's size, it's ok. I can't say we've had Riopath's in here before, but no one really seems to care. You don't have to leave, unless you have a good reason." He looked at Saba, almost daring him to come up with something.

Nereus looked at 'Chigiri', then shrugged. "Oh, moving some things. He works here, and they brought some new couchs. The old ones look kinda bad." He looked over at the couchs, almost falling apart with wear. He looked back at Chigiri. "So, what brought ya to Tavi's?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext