The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Dancing on the Edge (Open to 1 more person)

Postby Indigo » 11/03/2008 9:52 PM

Pepper
{1}

Pepper stepped lightly through the run-down city. Her paws that had once hit the ground heavily leapt up as soon as they were set down, her fear of bombs leaking into her thoughts constantly. She danced through the streets to the music playing in her head, the music she'd been named for. One song was all it took. She wondered if she would ever know the words to the song her name had come from; Nyx (or was her name still Fetish?) had only ever hummed it.

She looked for someone to talk to. Pepper had always wondered if anyone else knew her song. She'd almost heard it once herself, but as the opening notes came on, Nyx had needed Chalice for something, and he'd left.

But today she wasn't song-seeking, today she was looking for something. She'd heard of other dancers, but really, she was looking for a place, a home away from home.

Also, she'd heard of illegal pet dealers and wanted to outwit one.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/07/2008 6:56 PM

((May I join? No I'm not stalking you.))

A Relowckee is dancing amoung the streets, humming to herself her favorite song, Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol. As she is dancing she notices the werecain up ahead of her, also dancing. She speeds up and catches up to her. The Relowckee stops humming. "Hello, I'm Musique. That's French for music," she says, still dancing. "My friends call me Muse," she adds, not even a little out of breath. "Whatcha doing out here? I never see many others around in this city." Musique is always exploring new towns and cities. She continued to dance to the song in her head, showing off with fancy dance moves.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/08/2008 2:50 PM

(Whoah, coincidence alert! I just accepted a Relowockee with the same name into a plot.)

{2}

Pepper stopped. "Hello...Musique. I'm looking for somewhere I can practice my dancing." She paused, then continued in a whisper. "Have you ever heard about illegal pet dealers? I think there could be some around here."

After a moment, she added, "Hey, do you think you might know the answer to something?" Without pausing to think of the consequences of telling her secret, she rushed on, "Do you know the name of this song?" Without knowing the song title, she began humming the song she'd been named for, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" by the Beatles.

(Don't laugh at me. I was addicted to the song at the time.)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/08/2008 3:10 PM

(( :P I guess her name isn't unique then, oh well
and I won't laugh, I've never heard the song :( ))

Muse stopped, nearly tripping over her feet. She had heard of the illegal pet traders. "Yeah, I've seen them around here before. Near the run-down pawn shop." She listened to the notes of the song. It sounded familiar. "I've heard it before, I just don't know the title though..." Muse listens to all kinds of music.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/08/2008 4:26 PM

Pepper shook her head, slightly disappointed but not surprised. "Well, I guess I can just ask someone else." She checked to make sure no one was listening. "Do you know where I could find one, then? I mean, like where their...building would be? I think it might be fun to try to rescue the pets, and helpful."

(Trust me, if you'd heard the song, you'd laugh.)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/08/2008 4:42 PM

((oh, maybe I could listen to it later))

Muse looked around, too. She had the feeling that they should whisper. "Yes, I do," she said, her voice lowered. "I'll take you to the run-down pawn shop." She started to walk and turned the corner. "Come on!" she said, disappearing around the corner.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/08/2008 4:56 PM

(Just to clarify, it isn't that you'd laugh at the song, just that you'd laugh at me for naming my Werecain after it. If that makes sense.)

Pepper followed. "Why would they be here?" she asked. It wasn't that she was doubting the Relowockee in any way. She just didn't quite understand why anyone, even someone breaking the law, would be around there.

{4}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/08/2008 5:10 PM

((oh))

Muse continued to lead the way. "I think they hang out here becuase nobody ever comes to this area," she said, still in a whisper. "It's the slums, why would the cops hang around here?" she said, turning a corner.

After several minutes of walking, the run-down pawn shop comes into view. In front of the shop is a big truck. Nobody else seems to be around. Naturally, Muse wants to investigate, but the tiny voice inside her head telling her to wait holds her back. "They are here," she said. "What do you want to do?" The curiosity was burning inside her. She wanted to go out there, but she didn't want to be trapped. She was a rare species, and that is what illegal pet traders look for. She stopped and turned around to look at Pepper. "And, what did you say your name was?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 11/22/2008 4:34 PM

"My name's Pepper," she said, the way you would say "water is wet." Pepper had always believed that everyone was defined by their name, and as such a name should be obvious. It was one reason she rarely talked to strangers; they never seemed to understand.

Catching a glimpse of a pale paw, she whispered, "Do you think we could help whatever pets they've caught?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/22/2008 4:49 PM

"That's a nice name," Muse said distractedly. She looked further around the corner. "I believe we could help them, if we have what it takes," she flashed an excited grin. This would be fun. "We need a plan though..."

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 11/25/2008 12:27 AM

A Dreamsnare Yonyuu named Lyra was standing nearby when she noticed two other creatures- a Werecain and a Relowckee. She didn't think that they had seen her, she blended in quite well with the shadows. She didn't expect them to be able to see anything more than a faint glow from where they stood. Curious as to what they were doing here, she considered approaching them. Unsure if it was a good idea, she took a few steps in their direction. She listened closely, and realized that they were considering helping the pets that the illegal pet dealers had caught. They seem...decent enough. She thought. She began to walk towards them. "Hello...", She said as she approached them. "I couldn't help but overhear that you are planning to help those pets." She glanced in the direction of the pawn shop. "I could help, if you'd like..."

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/04/2008 6:26 PM

Muse jumped at the voice of the yonyuu. Of course she had known the yonyuu was there, but she was startled she had spoken. She had no special talents like others of her kind did, but she could still hear and see better than others. She remembered that night so long ago now... "Umm, hello!" she said, bringing her thoughts back to the present. "I'm Muse! And I would love your help! All we need is a plan on how to rescue them. I am bent on rescueing them. I think Pepper here is too," she said with a nod in Pepper's direction. "It's nice to meet you," she added as an after thought.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/04/2008 6:39 PM

Lyra gave the others a small smile. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Lyra..." Her voice trailed off. Her wings were moving very slightly as she tried to think of a way that they could rescue the pets. She remained silent, unable to think of anything. She raised her head and looked over at the pawn shop, studying it, trying to find if there was a way to get in without getting the pet dealers' attention. A minute or so later, she shook her head, frustrated that she couldn't think of anything.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/04/2008 7:11 PM

Muse thought of what they could do. If they could get in and out unnoticed... but that wouldn't work. Unless they could become invisible. She sighed. Then she hummed a tune in her head, the same as earlier. Music helped her to think. "What if we could... maybe I could distract them, and you guys could go in and rescue them?" She thought on it more. Maybe it could work. Maybe not... She was actually very stunning as a human. Men weren't that hard to distract. She could lure them away and then tie them up. That might work... might.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/04/2008 8:00 PM

Lyra looked unsure. It might work, but...well, she didn't want to think of what would happen to all three of them if they were caught. "That's a pretty good idea, but sort of...well, dangerous." But it's not like there was any safe way to do this. This was probably the best thing they could do. "I guess it could work. Fine by me, if that's what you two want to do." She gave a smile but it looked slightly nervous as she looked as Muse then Pepper. She knew how dangerous these kinds of people could be...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next