The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Amors Bar and Nightclub ((Open to some~ Read first post.))

Postby Thessur » 01/01/2009 11:00 PM

It took Helaku longer than it should have to think of a song to sing.  Once he settled on one, he launched into it and hoped for the best.  He tried not to notice the slowly growing number of people in the room while he sang.  If it had been a cheering crowd, it would have helped him to sing even better.  Since everyone was milling about and not paying attention, he had to remind himself that they were here to work, not listen to him, so he shouldn’t be discouraged by the fact that not many of them were listening.

The song he’d picked was one he’d learned just a few days ago.  When he’d sung it for his sister she’d loved it.  It was somewhat soft and gentle, but upbeat enough to keep the listener from falling asleep.  The young lucain’s lovely tenor rang out clear and true to the last note.  Once he finished the song, Helaku hopped down from the stage and looked around for his boss.  He’d been so caught up in the end of the song that he hadn’t noticed what was happening on the floor below.

{4}
(ooc: Eep!  I'm sooooo sorry I couldn't reply sooner.  RL kinda swallowed me and my muse whole and I'm only just now able to get back to RPing again.)

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Postby Cookie » 01/07/2009 6:26 PM

Amadour listened as Helaku sang "Very good, I think my mother will be very happy when she gets back. So if you need anything just let me know and I'll do my best." Amadour looked around and watched as his brother left, his mother went upstairs, and his Aunt sat beside the empty chair that his mother had been in. "So lets get movin'. We don't have all day and since we are open.. people will be coming soon." he mentioned now going to sit by his Aunt in front of the stage. "So what are we waiting for?"
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Thessur » 01/08/2009 11:38 PM

Well, at least they were happy with his singing.  Helaku wouldn't have much to do until guests started showing up.  Not wanting to seem idle or lazy on his first day, he hopped down off the stage and looked around for something to do.  
He spotted a broom in one corner.  That would do just fine.  The lucain boy hurried over, picked up the broom and started sweeping up what little dirt and trash had followed the staff into the building from the street.

{5}

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Postby Cookie » 02/22/2009 3:23 PM

Asaia looked over at Amadour, smiling lightly and nodding at Helaku in approval "Well, I do have to go. I'll leave you here and you can watch over the bar, you can do that right?" she asked Amadour, smirking as she got up and moved across the room to the door, opening it slightly before looking back over her shoulder at Amadour "Be good." she said as she left out the door.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby clackno1 » 02/24/2009 5:45 PM

Zila leaned lightly on her elbows over the bar. It seemed some of the people there didn't have very big of a need to stick around, unlike others. She looked up, surprised at Milia's sudden laugh."You don't want to know why." She smiled understandingly. Karma said that all the time. He talked to himself too much, but everyone had their moments of insanity. His just happened to be more often than others. She had her own brief moments of insanity, when her temper suddenly blazed. Though they were rare (thanks to the training she had gone through to help), they lasted a while. The anger only lasted maybe half-an-hour at the most, but she could hold grudges for weeks, months even, maybe. She never had to try though. Someone usually apologized or made it up to her by then. She turned her pink eyes back down to the top of the bar, tracing small patterns in the rock.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Previous