The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Poor Unfortunate Souls [P-C-]

Postby Celtic » 12/22/2008 10:52 PM

The snow had covered all the trash and muck now, as Lani and Edla made it to the entrance of the slums. Its dreary here Edla, but it is also a good place to find a needy soul for a present Lani whispered, afraid in spite of herself. This place just was not inviting, very hostile even. I hope we can find someone who wants this little guy... She thought, fingering the Sun Leawolve that she had grabbed along the way. The leawolve was perky now, and seemed eager to find a home, even here it would shine.
Lani pulled the Leawolve's leash to pull it along side her and Edla and walked down the ally way. C'mon Edla, stay near, please. Lani beckoned Edla with her free hand, not wanting to lose sight of the little kid for even a second, not with all these unfortunate people lingering about.

((Lani is in Human form still, I'm just to lazy to fetch a pic))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: Poor Unfortunate Souls [P-C-]

Postby Indigo » 12/23/2008 3:49 PM

Nyx's boots crunched in the snow as she avoided mounds of garbage. She was in her element. She loved winter, and snow, and that kind of thing. But today she was on a serious mission. Probably.

The Hydrokuhna following her shivered. "Why do we have to come here?" Spoon Sharpener whined. "I'm cold!"

"Stop complaining," Nyx admonished. "We have important work to do." Her sharp instinct had told her of a need to come here. That, and a mysterious message left on her doorstep. She had no idea what she was supposed to do.

As she walked through the alley, she spotted a Sun Leawolf, held on a leash by two humans. Nyx always thought of other people as "humans" because she spent so much time around animals. She walked over to them. "Excuse me," she said. "I was just wondering why you have a Sun Leawolf here? It seems strange, out of its element."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/23/2008 4:53 PM

Lani grinned at the Kuhna. IT seemed that they had found their poor unfortunate soul. Well, that is a suprise young kuhna. Why don't you walk with us through here? She greeted the hydrokuhna. He wasn't unfortunate or poor, but he seemed like a good fellow to give something to.

My name is Lani, by the way and my companion is Edla, and sadly the Leowolve has no name. Lani added, her hand motioning to each person/ pet.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/23/2008 4:56 PM

Trust me, I'm not going anywhere. Edla moved closer towards Lani. She didn't trust this place. It was alright, but htere were too many dark places, where stuff could be hiding. She looked at the Sun Leawolf. She liked it. It was friendly and playful. She would love to take it home, but they had to find someone in need for it. She patted its head, marveling how soft the fur was. Then, she looked up. A Hydrokuhna was looking at them. She miled at them. Maybe this was a new friend. Or the people who the Sun Leawolf was going too.

E:11
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Indigo » 12/23/2008 4:58 PM

(Erm...Spoon Sharpener is a girl.)

Spoon looked at Nyx. "What do you think?"

Nyx thought for a moment, her suspicious nature kicking in. There could be something sinister going on here, but what? They couldn't be illegal pet dealers who wanted Spoon; Hydrokuhnas were too common for that. What, then? "I guess we could walk with you," she finally decided. "I'm Nyx, and this Hydrokuhna is Spoon Sharpener."

"Why doesn't the Leawolf have a name?" Spoon asked.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/23/2008 5:09 PM

((Whoops, don't worry I am mixing that up all the time))

Lani glanced at Edla, and wished that she could give it to her, but it was for someone in need of a puppy. Lani nodded at Nyx, and then at Spoon. What an odd name for a kuhna... She thought, for the name wasn't exactly logical, and it was a bit out there.

Well, this particular Leawolve was given to me to give to someone who truely wants a puppy. So I'm out here looking for someone who would just love to have a puppy for christmas. Lani answered and winked slyly at Spoon.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/23/2008 5:14 PM

Spoon gasped. "Does that mean--?"

Nyx shook her head. While she knew everyone back at home would love a puppy, Spoon was the most enthusiastic. It was almost ridiculous the way she'd been looking at the Leawolf. "Spoon..."

Spoon ignored her. It was just possible..."Nyx, wouldn't it be great to have a puppy?" she whispered.

"I can't control their decisions. If they want us to have it, they'll tell us," Nyx whispered back.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/23/2008 5:18 PM

Edla smiled at Spoon. What an interesting name! Hi! Lani already told you my name! Nice to meet you! She waved a bit shyly. She hoped these people would get the Leawolf. They seemed nice, they would give the puppy a good home. The little girl looked at the two, wondering what she was like. She patted its head.

E:12

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/23/2008 5:30 PM

"Nice to meet you too," Spoon said. "You think my name is weird, don't you?" She paused for a moment, then continued. "Everyone does. It's because when I was little, Romulus (he's an Arkuhna) showed me how to use a pencil sharpener and I stuck a spoon in it."

"Spoon, you don't need to explain your name to everyone." Nyx laughed. "Although it is a funny story."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/23/2008 5:31 PM

Lani smiled and chuckled a little at Spoon's reaction. They would be the ones, she was sure. They certaintly looked the part and acted like they wanted one. Lani looked at the leawolve, who was straining at the leash to lick somebodies face. It seemed happy enough too.

Then, the leash slipped out of Lani's hand. The sun leawolve ran across to Spoon and Nyx, and attempted to lick both of their faces at once. Oh dear. Oh no! I am so sorry! Lani tried to sound sincere but the scene was all to funny, and broke into laughter. Oh jeez.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/23/2008 5:36 PM

Spoon laughed, and Nyx smiled. "It's fine. Spoon loves dogs," she said, trying to sound reassuring. "I mean, I like them too, but Spoon is crazy about them..." She grimaced mentally. How stupid did she sound right now?

"I think it likes me!" Spoon said, somewhat unneccessarily in Nyx's opinion. Most people agree that when a dog licks you, it probably likes you.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 12/23/2008 5:44 PM

Edla blinked. Wow, Spoon's story was interesting. And funny! She giggled quietly. She didn't want to laugh at Spoon and Nyx.

Then the Leawolf got off the leash. She darted after it. The Leawolf jumped onto the pair. I'm sorry. Oh! Nevermind! She grinned. Your right, it does like you! She stroked the dog.

E:13

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/23/2008 5:48 PM

"If I had a dog, I'd want this one," Spoon said quietly, half-hoping no one would hear her.

Stop dropping hints, Spoon, Nyx thought but didn't say. Wait and see.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/23/2008 6:27 PM

A little greedy, but still good. Lani thought as she heard that comment of Spoon's. Well it is your lucky day! As I told you, this baby is going to someone in need of it. And that is why I had my affiliate drop that note on your door, because, I believe that this little puppy here would enjoy your home, and enjoy christmas with you. Lani exclaimed, her eyes twinkling gladly, as she picked up the fallen leash, and handed it over to Nyx.

Now, I want you to take good care of it. This one needs lots of exercise, and it is a wonderful pet, as long as you treat it right. Lani stepped back over to Edla's side, and just grinned, nodding goodbye to the leawolve she spent so little time with.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/23/2008 6:33 PM

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" Spoon exclaimed. "Thank you so much!"

"Calm down, Spoon," Nyx said as she took the leash. "Don't worry, we'll take good care of it. And there's plenty of room for it to run around at home." Although she didn't show it in the same way as Spoon, she would have reacted the same way if she'd allowed herself to.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next