The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Let's Get This Over With (Snicky Hunt- Open)

Postby Carlie » 12/30/2008 8:11 PM

"Well I was looking for a Snicky with my brother. But then I kinda er, got ahead of him and this storm started. Now I can't find him." She said. She seemed a lot calmer than one might expect. "Can I call you Chompy?" She grinned, not able to resist. She loved having nicknames for people.

Ari listened more closely. "I think they're...two Shielupes." Viren looked at her confused, subconsciously tilting his head sideways slightly as animals sometimes do. "How do you know?" She simply shrugged as if not even she was sure how she knew. The two of them waited for the other creatures to come closer; they sounded like they were walking in their direction.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/01/2009 5:48 PM

His head tilted to the side, hearing her say 'Chompy' was going to be his new nickname. An odd smile stretched his mouth, before he shook his head vigorously, teeth clattering together. "I've never had a nickname before." he replied, thinking about the situation, "I like it, yep. Chompy, hehe!" The mud was beginning to harden on his fur, making him appear scruffy, it some ways. He looked around, sniffing at the air. "So, you wanna go and look for those Snicky?" he asked, little ears twitching.

Baku trekked through the mud, Marik continuing his laugh as he followed slowly behind his brother. "Stupid Marik....always being such a jerk....." Baku grumbled to himself, passing the place where Viren and Ari were hidden. His eyes focused straight ahead, not noticing the cave they were hidden in. The rain had lightened up a bit, leaving a light haze about the Slums. Marik, however, had noticed their little hiding spot, his ears perking as he stared into the entrance, sniffing at the air, trying to catch their scent.  

You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 137
Donate
Location: Hiding under my bed, wishing there were monsters....

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2009 6:10 PM

Candy grinned, glad that he liked his nickname. "Yeah, let's go find one!" She got up. Now that she had company, she was fine with being in the middle of a storm, even though the lightning looked rather close and there were constant crashes of thunder. "Where d'you think we should look?"

Viren looked in the direction of the entrance and saw what looked like some kind of creature walking in. It was hard to tell with the lighting (or lack thereof). After a few moments, Ari noticed as well. She didn't think the creature would be able to see them just yet- the cave got even darker back where they sat.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/01/2009 9:25 PM

Axel sprinted in front of her, before bolting over to the left. "Over here.........no, over there........Ummm, no, this way......" he said, each time running to a different spot before bounding threw a bush, toppling over when he ran into a pair of sturdy legs. "Ouchies....." Axel yapped, before shaking his skull and looking up to see Baku still soaked in mud from earlier, "Oh, hey Baku, you wanna help us find a Snicky?" Baku's brow rose, looking down at the little Chombones, then noticing Candy, a smile twisting his maw. "You made a friend? So, that's where you ran off too." Baku mumbled, his gaze falling back to Axel, who continued to stare up at hum, "And, why are you both looking for a Snicky, if you don't mind my asking?"

Marik squinted in the darkness, trying to figure out who was in here. Not in the mood to be nice and friendly, his ears snapped backwards, hackles rising, and fangs being to show. The rumbling growl emitted from his throat echoing around in the dark. "Come out, come out, wherever you are." he whispered, shifting about in the cave, so that he was turned to face Viren now, "Ah, there you are, won't you be a tasty snack?" he questioned more to himself before he nipped at Viren.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2009 9:37 PM

Candy looked at Baku. "Hi! I'm Candy." She grinned. "I want a pet Snicky. They're all...cute and stuff." She answered with a shrug.

Viren and Ari both moved back. "Back off." Viren said, hissing slightly. Ari, who was a bit behind him, widened her eyes. She didn't think being aggressive was a very good idea. Viren was glaring and attempting to look tough.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/01/2009 9:59 PM

"I'm Baku. My brother, Axel, and I were here on some errand, but we lost Axel...." he said, before looking over his shoulder, giving a sigh, "And now, it seems, I've lost my brother." He shook his head, looking down at Axel, a fatherly smile plastered upon his face. "You to can continue to look for the Snicky and I will catch up with you later, I really need to find Marik.....before he hurts someone." and with that said, Baku sprinted off, paws squelching in the muck. Axel turned to Candy, shrugging slightly as he turned to face her now. "Yeah, Marik's Coo Coo sometimes, I think he has more then one personality but no one knows for such." he explained before bouncing up and down, "Come on, let's get going! Here Snicky! Come on out little 'fella!" His shouts echoing around them as thunder rumbled the sky above.

"What's the matter?" Marik barked, lowering his head to get a better look at Ari cowarding behind Viren, "It will all be over soon, I'll try to make it so you feel no pain..." He began to move closer to them now, his lips parting from his fangs, showing them off in the dark before he was pushed aside. Baku blocked his path in between the Ferrikoon and Slikey. "Knock it off, Marik! They've done nothing to you and besides I found Axel, he's with some Hollow Ferrikoon named Candy....they want us to help them look for a Snicky." Baku spoke, trying to calm down his brother. Marik's purple eyes rolled, "I don't want to go look for stupid Snickys...I want to...." Marik began before he had a sudden change of thought, stalking out of the cave, mumbling to himself. Baku turned to look at the two creatures before him now. "I'm sorry about my brother, he can be a little rude when it comes to meeting new faces." Baku replied, a small smile upon his face.  

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2009 10:06 PM

Candy nodded. "Alright. Let's go this way!" She said, pointing towards a rather narrow trail. She began walking towards it. She was now nearly covered in mud from splashing around when walking, but she didn't seem to care.

Ari nodded, still too nervous to speak. Viren's eyes widened. "A Hollow ferrikoon named Candy? That's my sister!" He grinned, happy to know that she was safe. "Can you take me to her?" He asked.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/01/2009 10:26 PM

"Of course, but, they may have moved on since the last time I saw them, your sister really wants to find a Snicky of her own." Baku said, moving out of the cave, looking around to see Marik going in the right direction, "it's not that far away, I'm sure we can quickly catch up to them." He began to move, slowing his pace so that they could decided what they were going to do. Marik stopped, staring back at his brother, a look of loathing etched upon his face. Shaking his head, he turned and continued up the muddy path, looking for Axel, which was the 'right' thing to do.

Axel bounded up the path, sliding to a stop, looking up in the trees and then, pressing his snout to the mud, looking for anything that resembled a Snicky. That's when it hit him....he didn't know what a Snicky looked like. "Uh, Candy....what's a Snicky anyways?" he asked, as he plopped down in mud, his tail just a wagging.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2009 10:31 PM

Viren nodded, not surprised. "Thanks so much for helping." He said. Ari stopped walking. "Well, now that you have a way to find her, I don't think I can really be of any help." She smiled. "It was nice meeting you." She walked off into the forest.

Candy giggle. "You don't know what s Snicky is? Well they're like snails with spiky shells." She said. "They're awesome." She added, sounding as if it were a fact of life. She was actually looking for one, unlike earlier when she was with Viren.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/01/2009 10:41 PM

"Snails? Yeah, snails are nice and slimy and cool....Yeah, I like them already." 'Chompy' replied, nodded, teeth clacking together, "Makes me want to find one even more. Yep yep!" He moved from his sitting spot, covered in even more mud now, but begin dirty didn't seem to bother him at all. He continued to search for the Snickys his friend wanted, now, bouncing up and down like some sort of demonic looking rabbit.

"I'm sorry your not coming with us, but it was nice meeting you too." Baku said, bowing his head to Ari in respect before she disappeared into the trees, "Now, she's probably told Axel what a Snicky is and he's going to be bugging me about finding one now, but I'm glad I can help you out." Marik was a little ways in front of him, his lips moving rapidly, obviously talking to himself as he ambled down the path, making sure not to get any mud on his pelt.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2009 11:10 PM

Candy giggled and began skipping. "I wonder how long it'll take to find one." She said. "And I wonder where Viren is..." She said a few seconds later, mainly to herself. Oh well, she'd find him later.

Viren nodded. "I bet, if he's anywhere near as easily-excited as Candy." He chuckled slightly. He glanced in front of him at Marik. He still wasn't completely comfortable about being near him, but at least he didn't seem as eager to eat him anymore.

Walking directly behind them was a Mimebones. She had been there for a while, completely silent and unnoticed. I wonder how long it'll take them to notice me. She though, smirking which made her face look more eerie than usual. She decided that if they didn't notice her soon, she'd find a way to make herself known. She stepped lightly, not getting too much mud on herself.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/01/2009 11:27 PM

"I don't know, but maybe we will stumble across one if we're not really looking for it?" Axel suggested, but wasn't sure about this idea himself, he had always found what he wanted to find, but these Snickys seemed to be allusive at the moment, "I'm sure we will find one though, so don't worry and since I like you, you can have the first one." He laughed, joking about that part, if it was up to him, he would let her take it, but what if it liked him more, then there would be trouble. His face seemed to sadden at this thought, but he still kept his happy bounce, looking around for any sign of a Snicky.

"I'm not sure if he's easily excited, but he's defiantly hyper." Baku said with a nod of his head, "I'm just glad he's enjoying himself, he hasn't been able to play for months. Too many errands and not enough hours in the day for someone like him to do all he wants." Baku grimaced about this, his face hardening as he continued to push on in silence.

Marik had stopped his soft mumble to himself, listening to Viren and Baku now. Snickys, why did they want a Snicky? They were slimy or so he thought and weird..... He coughed, shaking himself off, the chain around his neck jingling softly through the light patter of rain. He then noticed the Mimebones, following the two of them, oblivious to the fact she was there. An evil smirk washed over Marik's maw. "Well, look what we have here....Let's see what happens, shall we?" he asked himself, as he watched all three of them out of the corner of his eye.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/01/2009 11:44 PM

Candy smiled. "Well...maybe we can find two!" She said with a grin. She wasn't sure if they usually traveled alone or in groups. It would be nice if they could find a few.

Viren nodded. "Yeah. Candy constantly convinces me to do stuff like this. " He laughed. "I don't know how. I always end up regretting it." It was true, it didn't take much for Candy to convince him to do things with her. This happened quite often, too, since she was easily bored.

This is getting boring. The Mimebones, Raven, thought. She decided to let them know she was there. As soon as they were all quiet, she opened her mouth and then slammed her jaws shut, making a loud, creepy sounding clank!

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/01/2009 11:53 PM

"That would be cool!" Axel said, almost yelling his excitement, now he had gotten his hopes up. This made him want to find one even more, which lead him to sprinting around Candy in large circles, jumping into dead looking bushes and skidding in the muck, spraying it every which way.

Baku jumped slightly, turning to see the Mimebones behind them. She reminded him greatly of little Axel, even though there was a huge color difference. "Um, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." Baku spoke, his voice turning sweet again, "What are you doing in a place like this? Oh....wait, can you speak? You are supposed to be unable to speak, right?" He was trying not to be rude, but the words just came out all wrong. He grimaced, trying to recover himself.

Marik snickered, slinking away from the now that they were more interested in the Mimebones now. He quickly marched along the muddy path, keeping out of the muck, soon finding Axel and Candy. His eyes rolling when he noticed the Chombones sliding in the mud, which slopped all over Marik. A growl escaped his throat as he glared down at the little mud covered creature before him. "Hey there, Marik, you wanna help us look for a Snic...." but Axel was cut short by Marik's angered drawl. "No, I don't want to help you and your...little girlfriend look for a Snicky." Marik snapped, eying Candy with a tad of interest now.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 12:06 AM

Candy nodded. "That would be awesome!" She was also getting her hopes up now. She laughed as he ran around. She began walking quite a bit faster too.

Viren also jumped a bit. "What the- oh, um, hi." He looked down at the creature. It was currently the smallest one in the group. Raven shook her head, indicating that she couldn't speak. This could be interesting...they all don't think she can talk and all of the sudden, she would. She decided that she'd let them believe that she couldn't for a while. Then, when the time was right...

Candy looked up at Marik. He didn't sound like the nicest guy ever from what she had heard. Maybe he wasn't that bad. "Ya sure?" She asked. "They're so cool!"

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext