The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Let's Get This Over With (Snicky Hunt- Open)

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 12:25 AM

"You think?" he asked sarcastically, his head tilted to the side and his expression slightly on the verge of surprise, but, as if someone snapped, his attitude changed,  "Shouldn't you be looking for something else....you know, something a bit more girly. I know, why don't you go and pick some flowers, but wait, that would mean you would have to leave. Awwww, how sad...." He rolled his purple eyes, before swiftly trying to get the mud off of his white pelt before it stained.

Axel pouted, why did Marik have to be so mean? His teeth smacked together angrily as he turned and began to quickly search threw a bush. "I'll show them how cool they are!" Axel spat, trying his best to somehow pull a Snicky out of this little dying plant.

"Oh, well, we can always try and figure out what your saying, it could be like a game." Baku stated, trying his best not to sound rude again, "Your welcome to come along with us. We're Snicky hunting with Viren's sister Candy and my friend, Axel." He motioned for her to follow, trying to be as open-minded as he could, he had never been around someone who couldn't speak before.

You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 137
Donate
Location: Hiding under my bed, wishing there were monsters....

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 12:33 AM

Candy gave an exasperated sigh. "Flowers are boring. Snickies are much cooler." She said the way one might when explaining something to a small child. She darted over to another bush and began looking too, also trying to convince Marik how amazing they were.

Viren nodded. "Yeah, I guess it could be nice having another person with us." Raven nodded and attempted to smile, only it looked more like a grimace. She definitely planned to go with them. Heck, she would even if they didn't invite her.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 12:43 AM

Axel tumbled out of the bush, his paw snagging on one of the branches. "Ow, hehe, come on Marik, it will be fun. You never know, you may be a Snicky magnet." Axel laughed streaking into another bush, making the poor plant tremble terrible. Marik's eyes rolled as he found a clean spot under a tree to sit down, watch the Chombones and Hollow Ferrikoon search frantically for one of those little critters. "Having fun yet?" Marik rambled, as he looked around, as if a Snicky were going to fling itself at him. "Yeah, it's a blast and....you get to get all dirty and muddy." Axel laughed again, sliding a bit, mud getting into his mouth.

"Well, we're glad to have your company, uh, what's your name anyways?" Baku asked, turning to look back at her over his shoulder, trying to catch some sort of body language. Soon, excited voices rang around them, they were getting close where the other three were.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 12:50 AM

Candy nodded eagerly. "Yeah, it's really fun!" As she searched, she splashed the mud everywhere. She had decided that Marik wasn't that bad. Not exactly friendly, but he could be worse.

Raven thought for a second and then made a strange sound, similar to that a bird might make. She had planned on making them think she was unable to make any type of noise at all but decided that it was alright as long as they didn't know she could actually talk.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Let's Get This Over With (Snicky Hunt)

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 1:01 AM

"Raven?" Baku questioned, as his mind contemplated on a crow or a raven which both made those noises, but, Raven sounded much better then crow, well, to him anyways. It didn't take them long at all, Axel flew by them, spraying them with flecks of mud. "Come on now, Axel, watch it." Baku stated, shaking the mud from his pelt. "Sorry, Ahhhhh!" Axel shouted, before submerging in a large mud puddle. His head breaking the surface, he took a deep breath, climbing out of it, soaked to the bone and all mud covered now. That's when he noticed her, the Mimebones. He sprinted over to her, tail wagging as he looked her up and down. "Hey, who are you? You sorta look like me! That's cool, you wanna find Snickyies with me and Candy?" he said this all reather quickly, his speech sounding, somewhat, blurred together. "Oh great, not another one." Marik growled, his eyes looking Raven over with disgust.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 1:06 AM

She nodded quickly, telling Baku that he was right. Candy ran by, not far behind Axel. "Viren!" She ran over to her brother and hugged him. "Ugh, Candy, you're getting mud all over me." He couldn't sound upset, he was too happy to see her. "Look, Chompy, this is my brother!"Candy said. Raven nodded to Axel. "Yeah, sounds fun!" She said. She looked over at the others waiting for a reaction.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 1:25 AM

"Ohhh, hello, I'm Axel, but I've been nicknamed Chompy." he said happily, backing up some, not wanting to get mud all over them. He turned his attention to Raven now, listening to her say she would join them in their search for the Common, but allusive Snicky. "Cool, come on!" Axel said excitedly as he jumped around Baku, Viren and the others. Her voice made Baku do a double take, his face full of surprise that she had actually spoken. "I thought you said....but, uh?" Baku asked, confused now. Marik, however, wasn't interested in their conversation, he was now humming a random tune to himself.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 2:23 PM

Viren also looked over at Raven. "Yeah, she said..." He shook his head. Who knows? Raven just smiled and gave a slight shrug. Candy didn't look as confused. She was thinking about where they should look for a Snicky, it was likely that she hadn't heard the others at all.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 3:59 PM

"Come on, Candy and.....um...." Axel began, but hadn't caught the Mimebones name just yet, that, or he hadn't been paying much attention, "Hey, what's your name?" His eyeless sockets staring blankly at the Mimebones, his head beginning to tilt to the side, like it always seemed to do when he was confused. Baku nodded to Viren, before padding over to talk with Marik, trying to convince him it would be fun to hunt for Snickies. "And, you know, Axel will think your wonderful for helping out. He does look up to you after all." Baku pushed, his eyes glancing over to his brother, a crooked smile upon his face. "I don't want to." Marik retorted, trying his best to advert his attention to the gray clouds above, which had picked up speed again.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 4:31 PM

"Raven.", She said. She sounded cheerful...at least as much as someone with a voice like her's could. Her voice always sounded rather creepy. Viren was quiet- he was watching Baku and Marik, wondering if Marik would end up going with them or not. Candy was looking a bit to her left. "You guys wanna look there? I bet we could find some Snickies!" She was grinning.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 4:54 PM

"Yeah, that looks like the perfect place to find Snickies!" Axel replied excitedly, running after Candy, going to look in the spot she had pointed out. His turned over a stone with his paws,, which was actually too small for a Snicky to be under, but still, it didn't hurt to check. His effort though, was futile, there was nothing under that rock except for sludge.

It took a few minutes of persuading, but Baku managed to get Marik to come along on the Snicky hunt, even if he thought it were stupid. It wasn't like he actually had to do all the hard work, Axel and Candy seemed to be taking that into their own hands. "After we help them find a Snicky, I promise we can go home." Baku whispered, not wanting the others to hear that they were going to ditch them after they had found a Snicky. "You better keep your promise, but I'll tell you this, if we don't find one soon, I'm heading out, on my own." Marik grumbled before lightly stepping around the muck towards Axel, whi was now beginning to dig around in the mud. Baku nodded, but still, he hoped it wouldn't come to his brother going off alone.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 6:25 PM

Candy darted in front of them, searching in a shrub and then behind a tree. She didn't know much about Snickies and therefore wasn't sure where they would be. Raven was walking a bit behind Axel and Candy but was also looking around.

Viren didn't care much about looking for a snicky anymore. After all, Candy had some other people to help her find one now. It was kind of nice not having to search anymore, he thought.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 6:49 PM

Axel finally sat down, his ears slightly drooping. "I'm hungry!" he whined, looking around, but, there was nothing edible here, unless you thought mud and rocks were a healthy snack. He shifted, turning around so that his back was facing Candy now, but he was still sitting clearly on his rump, going around a circle until he spotted Baku. "What are we supposed to eat? Didn't you bring any food?" he asked, his voice still high pitched and whiny. Baku sighed, shaking his head 'no'. "I'm sorry Axel, but I didn't think we would be staying to help someone find a Snicky." was all Baku could say, he didn't want to start an argument with the Chombones.

In the meantime, Marik had ambled away from the group. He had thought he heard something over in the bushes, hoping it was a Snicky, just so they could get this hunt over with, he pushed back some branches tthat belonged to a bush, but there was nothing. "Hpmh, they can't be this hard to find." he mumbled to himself, going over to the next bush and pushing the branches aside, still there was nothing. He shrugged, turning to head back to the group.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/02/2009 7:16 PM

"I'm hungry too." Candy whined. Viren rolled his eyes. He should have known this would happen and brought food. He also started looking for a Snicky for the same reason as Marik. The sooner they found a snicky, the sooner they could go home. Then Candy would stop whining. Raven was still searching, already getting bored with it.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/02/2009 7:39 PM

Marik loped back, stepping over Raven before hearing the incessant whining. He glared at the two of them, but then, he thought he heard something again. Turning to face the source of the noise, he noticed the bush seemed to be rattling. Making his way over to the bush, easily pressing his paws in the mud, trying to stay clean, he pushed back the branches to get a bug in his face. He wheeled around, dancing about for a second on his hind legs before falling on his back in the thing he was trying to avoid....mud. He grumbled to himself, wiping away some of the mud that managed to blind him temporarily. He could hear Baku's and Axel's laughter somewhere behind him, which made him begin to vent his anger out on the mud, smacking at it with his paws, until he looking like a walking mud dog. "Hehe, lookie at you now, you look worse then me!" Axel barked with laughter. Marik shot him a repulsive glare, his fur beginning to rise slowly along the back of his neck. "Calm yourself, Marik, let the kid have some fun. He is right though, you do look worse then him, I wonder what our owner will say when she sees you." Baku replied, trying to force his temper back down, but the glare he was giving Axel was now turned on himself. "Well?" Baku asked, trying to get an answer out of him, but Marik stalked off, still fuming.  

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext