The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Let's Get This Over With (Snicky Hunt)

Postby Carlie » 01/03/2009 4:35 PM

Candy couldn't stop laughing. Even Viren was chuckling, although he was attempting to make it unnoticeable. "Hey...where'd that Mimebones go?" Viren asked, suddenly noticing that she wasn't there. Raven wasn't too far from them. She was sitting, watching them, waiting for something interesting to happen. If it didn't, she would make something happen.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/04/2009 11:35 AM

Marik grumbled something under his breath, he hadn't being the laughing stock, but he had fallen in a bunch of mud over a stupid bug, still that doesn't give them the right to laugh at him like that. He rounded on Candy, who was the closet one to him, nipping at her as he passed. "Hush, you little rat!" he barked, as he wiped off some of the muck with one of his paws. Baku shook his head, this is how he always got, mad at something stupid, then he turned on anyone that was closest to him. "Behave yourself, Marik!"  Baku informed his brother, but that didn't seem to improve the Sheilupes mood. Marik stomped off, grumbling to himself, in the direction Raven had taken, even though he didn't know that, he hadn't been watching the little Mimebones, who already got on his nerves. Axel's head tilted to the side as he watched Marik leaving, but said nothing, his stomach giving a rumbling growl of hunger.

You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 137
Donate
Location: Hiding under my bed, wishing there were monsters....

Postby Carlie » 01/04/2009 6:04 PM

Candy moved back quickly. Viren glared at him but said nothing. "Sooo..." Candy said. "I wonder where the snickies are." Viren nodded. "I didn't think they'd be this hard to find." He said.

Raven was looking around, trying to find something interesting to do. Preferably a prank she could play on the others.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/05/2009 12:32 PM

"Snickies are hard to find!" Axel complained, sitting down on his read, his front paws folding across his chest as he eyed Candy, who still seemed persistent to keep up the search for the little slimy creatures. "Aren't ya bored yet? We've been searching for who knows how long and there hasn't even been a sign of a spiky shell poking about through the bushes." His complaints made Baku sigh, he had hoped Axel's attention span would have lasted longer then this. "Maybe your not looking in the right places. Why don't we go and try a different area?" Baku questioned, trying to keep Axel's mind on the Snickies and not on the food his stomach craved for. Axel nodded, but was rather reluctant, his spirits had sank low, making him now think there weren't any of these creatures left out here. "So, where should we go then?" he asked, looking from Candy, Baku, then to Viren.

Marik continued to grumble to himself, passing Raven, but not noticing her. He was still fuming about earlier, the bug scare, the little jig, and then the big finale, the fall in the mud. He shook himself, trying to get more of the muck off of himself, but it didn't budge from his fur, already starting to cake on. He made to sit down, almost sitting on the poor little Mimebones.  

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/05/2009 5:23 PM

Raven moved quickly to avoid being sat on. She grunted. She was doing a good job of going unnoticed and then Marik had to nearly sit on her. "Why are you over here?" She asked, wondering why he left the others.

Candy nodded. "Yeah. But I reallyyy want one." She replied. Viren just shrugged when Axel looked at him. "I have no idea." Candy sat down in the mud, thinking about where else they could look. There were obviously no snickes here.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/05/2009 7:36 PM

Snicky were quiet, they really weren't ones for making noise so finding one meant not relying on your ears.  Of course today was the exception, if you listened hard enough.

snap

Along one trees trunk, wrapped tightly in vines with large spiky leaves, were tiny insignificant branches.  Branches that had had most of their life strangled out of them by the vines.  Most had gotten very big, or long.  But a few of the other branches, branches that had time to grow before the vine had so viciously attached the sentient being, had grown larger and stronger then the rest.  Just big enough for say, a snicky?

But with the lack of nutrients to feed the branch it had grown brittle.  The snicky had avoided the spiky leaves (being a slow mover had it's perks) and found herself on the branch.  Her weight wasn't much, but it was enough to put strain on the dying branch.  Enough to snap it.  The only thing holding the branch and the snicky in place was... the snicky.  What a predicament.

(( Look! 8D A snicky! 8D <3 ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/05/2009 8:22 PM

Candy was too busy whining to notice the small sound of the twig snapping, but it caught Viren's attention. He grinned. "Candy, look up there." She turned around. "What? Where?" Viren remained silent and pointed up into the tree. Candy gasped. A snicky! "Oh my gosh!" She said quickly, her words running together. She ran over to the tree. "Careful! Don't scare 'im." Viren said. He was more than ready to go home, he didn't want her scaring it away. She nodded and walked closer to the tree, gazing in awe at the snicky.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/05/2009 9:27 PM

Axel's little ears perked when Viren say 'look up'. A goofy smile spread across his skeletal mouth as he moved closer, next to Candy now. "Hey, would you look at that and we weren't even looking." Axel said, trying to keep his voice quiet, but the excitement was beginning to bubble up in his chest again, his little tail wagging happily. "Don't get too loud, Axel, you don't want to scare the little thing away now, not after it took you both so long to find one." Baku said with a fatherly smile towards the Chombones. Axel nodded, closing his mouth, but which gave one of those odd sounding clanks, when his teeth smacked together.

Marik glared at Raven, not really wanting to talk to her. "What's it to you! You don't need to know my business." he snapped, turning his back away from her, trying to make her go away.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/05/2009 11:27 PM

The long stalks that were her eyes dipped around to look at the branch before slowly (even for a snicky) backed up off the branch.  Luck was against the snicky as the branch gave way taking the snicky with it.

Snickys are not very aerodynamic, but the she did the only thing she could to protect herself at this point.  She sucked herself inside her shell and prayed in whatever god gastropods pray to.

(( Fear the shortness. And will you catch the snicky and risk getting stabbed? I would, they're so adorable. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/06/2009 12:09 AM

"It's falling! It's falling!" Axel snapped, running around, looking at all the others, even Baku looked confused for a moment. "Have no fear, I got it!" He slid to a stop, standing on his hind legs, wobbling about a bit, his teeth clinking together and his front little legs held up to try and catch the spiky shelled Snicky. Baku ran to stop him, but was it too late? Those spikes did look painful, if they were to stick you, but little Axel looked determined to catch the falling Snicky.

Marik didn't hear anything more from Raven, which he was thankful for. "Creepy little thing, lurking around like that all the time." Marik whispered to himself, not knowing if Raven was still lurking behind him or not, which he didn't care. He began to bite at the caked on mud that lined his once white paws.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/06/2009 3:26 PM

Candy and Viren watched as Axel tried to catch the snicky. "Catch him, Chompy!" Candy said, grinning. She wasn't even thinking about how the spikes might hurt. It was a rather small creature, though; it shouldn't hurt much.

Raven had seen that they found a snicky. Getting bored with Marik, she walked a bit closer to the others.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/06/2009 3:59 PM

Axel's hind legs were beginning to become rather tired. Never having really needed to stand upon his hind legs for anything before, he wasn't used to all the strain being placed on those little legs of his, but still, try as he might, he, however, toppled over, landing on his back, his arms still held up, in case the Snicky was falling faster then he had planned. Baku's eyes shifted over to Raven, who had made a sudden appearance someways off, but still visible to his eyes. He turned his head quickly to see the outcome of this event, maybe Candy would step in and try to grab it while it fell?

Marik had slipped away, as he had said he would, it was boring here and he was dirty. He would make his way home alone and get a well deserved, hot bath. Yes, that sounded like a plan, but then Candy's voice caught his ear and he just couldn't leave without seeing what was going on. Well now, it looked like they had found a Snicky. Go, it would be time to go home after this, he could wait a little longer.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 01/06/2009 4:26 PM

Candy saw Axel fall as he was trying to catch the snicky. Doubting he would be able to catch it from his current position, she ran over and held out her paws. She looked down. "You okay, Chompy?"

Raven had gotten bored with the whole thing and decided that it was time to head home. She silently turned away and began walking home.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby DragonHenge » 01/06/2009 5:19 PM

"Yep, I'm good." he said happily, trying to get back up onto his feet, which he he did, but it was nowhere near anything graceful, "Catch it! Catch it!" Was all the excited little Chombones could say after that, he was much to excited to do anything else, even to see Raven turning to go home. A yawn escaped Marik's maw as he came to sit down next to his brother, watching, as if in slow motion, the Snicky falling towards the earth. "Good, we're going home after this." he said, his eyes upon the Snicky the entire time. Baku nodded, but said nothing more, still afraid that one of them was going to be seriously injured by those spikes.

- Mark Twain
DragonHenge
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 01/06/2009 9:13 PM

The little snicky tumbled down down down.  She was pretty convinced she wouldn't survive the fall, maybe she'd get lucky and hit some soft leaves or-

Land in somebodies paws?  She hadn't paid much attention to those other creatures on the ground, but now she was on her side, still alive.  They'd saved her!  Her slimy, boneless face peeked out of her home, her stalks stretching out to get a feel of her new surroundings.

(( I won't stay much longer, long enough to figure out who you decide to give the snicky too. The snicky ain't too picky and neither am I.  So you'll probably get one more post out of me. hee hee, "Snicky" "Picky" ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext