The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

It's So...Cute? {P}

Postby Indigo » 12/27/2008 4:30 PM

Image Human Form: Image

Penny Lane ran her fingers through her purple hair and shivered. She hadn't been expecting this kind of weather. She trudged through the snow, trying not to trip over garbage heaps.

Spoon Sharpener had given her the idea, told her about the strangers that invited Nyx and Spoon to the Slums a few days ago with a Sun Leawolf. Penny Lane had based this idea off of that story. Giving gave her a thrill of excitement. She looked into the tank she was pushing through the streets. The Volt Sparquill buzzed irritably at her.

"I know, Photos," she whispered. "It's only for a little longer." She turned on the waterproof heater in the tank and stood waiting in the alley, stamping her feet to keep warm, hoping her note had been found.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: It's So...Cute? {P}

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 12/27/2008 5:30 PM

Image Purine Staigovald

"Hmm I wonder who left me this note?",Steelo said to himself lumbering through the snow. It was odd because he hadn't talked to anyone in years. He lived in the Slums for a long time now and he hadn't met that many people besides the occasional traveler that got lost. Then as he trampled over the trash cans and snow he saw some figures, they might be the people that sent him the note. " Hello!" ,he yelled. and he walked towards them.
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 119
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/27/2008 5:41 PM

Penny Lane was startled, to say the least. She certainly hadn't been expecting such a large creature...but never mind. Photos Glow-Glow wasn't nervous, so why should she be?

"Um--uh--h-hello," she stuttered. "I see you--er, you recieved the note I left you." She tried to stay calm and switched to her "authoritative" voice. "I left you that note because I have something very important for you. A message--and something else."

Photos Glow-Glow buzzed, Just tell him! Penny Lane leaned over to whisper, "Calm, Photos. We have to be sure he's the right one."

Photos whined for a few moments in a high-pitched vibrating hum. Penny Lane rolled her eyes and continued to speak to the Staigovald. "First I must ask you your opinion of the creature in this tank." She pulled the sheet of cloth hung over it to reveal an annoyed Photos Glow-Glow, who buzzed loudly.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 12/27/2008 5:46 PM

"Well, its a very cute looking fellow. Very small, but looks healthy.", Steelo said.H was wondering why she was asking him this question. He did not see their point."why did you ask me to come here?, He asked.
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/27/2008 5:54 PM

"Well, mainly I wanted to...ah, ask a few questions." It suddenly occured to her that he might be annoyed, so she quickly added, "Good things will come of it."

Photos Glow-Glow hummed impatiently on a special frequency that only Penny Lane could hear. "All right, all right," she hissed. In a slightly louder voice, she said, "I just have one more question for you, really. Er. Can you understand what Phot--excuse me, this little creature is saying?" She tapped the tank. "Say something," she hissed.

Penny Lane here is scared of you, and bad at her job, Photos Glow-Glow buzzed smugly, in a specific frequency so the Staigovald would, hopefully, understand. Penny Lane also heard and bumped the tank, rocking it on its wheels before it settled back into the snow.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 12/27/2008 10:16 PM

"Yeah I can hear it, theres nothing to be afraid of I'm not going to bite,unless you attack me, so calm down.",he said."I can understand electrical frequincies, since I am a Staigovald  so I can send them off too, but they can be harmful.",he warned."now what are the other questions?"
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/28/2008 5:00 PM

"Um, well, I just have one more question," Penny Lane replied. "I know it's after Christmas and all, but I couldn't get out of the house before now, so, uh..."

Just ask him! Photos Glow-Glow hummed. I want to get out of that madhouse you call home!

Penny Lane rolled her eyes. "Well, um...I was thinking you might like to accept this--Sparquill--as a late holiday gift...?" There. She'd said it. In truth, though she found Photos Glow-Glow a nuisance and a pest, she still liked him in a small measure. But she had to do as she was planning.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 12/28/2008 5:24 PM

*gasp*"That's the nicest thing anyone has done for me in years!",Steelo yelled happily."But why me I don't even know you two." Then he sent out a very low pitched spark so that the Volt Sparquill could only understand. Is this okay with you you don't have to stay with me if you want., he told the Sparquill.
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/28/2008 5:39 PM

Don't worry, Photos Glow-Glow buzzed reassuringly. I volunteered for this. My name is Photos Glow-Glow, but you can change it.

Penny Lane smiled. "We chose you partly because you seemed to fit what Photos was looking for in an owner. He's bored with me, you see. But also, I like doing nice things for others. Even someone I don't know. We walked around for a couple of days, unnoticed, looking for someone Photos liked, observing everyone. And you were the one he picked." She pushed the tank over to the Steigovald.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby JoseJalepenoOnAStick » 12/28/2008 6:17 PM

"well thanks that was nice.", he said. Don't worry Photos I won't change your name, I like it, and we'll have lots of fun together and I got lots of exciting friends from my home zoo pen you can meet."If you ever miss him, you can come see him.", he told the Penny Lane.
JoseJalepenoOnAStick
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 12/28/2008 6:30 PM

"Thanks," she said. "I might come see him sometime...although he may not want me to. I hope you're happy with him." Penny Lane leaned over Photos's tank and whispered, "I'll miss you." Then, straightening up, she began to change back to her "quad" form. "Bye!" she called as she flew back toward home, leaving Photos with his new owner.

Photos hummed happily. Finally, he would have a friend who would do things with him.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate