The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Just another gloomy day [Snicky/P: Me & Clack]

Postby clackno1 » 01/02/2009 1:06 PM

He nodded his head slightly at what she said."Eye's is right about trust. It is very valuable. These Hunters, they sound interesting. Have any of them ever succeeded in killing one of you? I know I probably am being a bit nosy, but I want to know as much as I can if I am to ever join you." He kept thinking of the pros and cons of joining the 'Blade Children'. He would have more enemies, but he would probably be safer in a group. He would probably have more weaknesses, get attached to one or two of them, and then what would happen if they got in a life or death situation? His eyes switched to the ceiling as he heard the small noise again. He tried to identify the creature by the sound. Not soft enough to be a rattegan, too soft to be a shielupe, but that didn't count the police completely out."I am some what surprised that this place isn't being used by robbers or bandits already. There was a lock on the door when I first discovered it, but it was rusty and I barely had to do anything to pry it off. There are windows upstairs, and not very hard to get to. I believe this place has been raided before in the past, by robbers and such, but robbers never hang around at the scene of a crime." He followed the small scrabbling sound around the ceiling with his eyes as the creature upstairs moved.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/02/2009 1:38 PM

"In the past, we've had about four hunters. Only two succeeded in killing anybody before they were killed. And both of those two only killed one. But you're not being nosy at all and I understand that you would want to know as much as you can." Peppermint replied. "Oh, and about those bandits or robbers, I think it would be. And plus, even if the lock wasn't rusty and still locked, I could've just picked the lock." Peppermint added as she pulled out a container of pins and paper clips. "Might I add that most of the 'Blade Children' know how to pick locks. You don't have to know how to, but it is a handy skill if I do say so myself." Peppermint added. Peppermint then caught sight of the small creature and took out her dagger. She started walking up the stairs in attack position. "It could be anything. We've had cases like this where people have attached cameras to their pets to spy on others. Especially the 'hunters'." Peppermint said as she signaled for Simion to follow her. It was a medium sized creature. There was a possibility that it could be a Kuhna or anything around that size.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/02/2009 1:52 PM

Simion caught sight of fur near the stairs. A brave creature, if not just plain stupid, to come so near. He brought out his dagger and vile of glowing venom and quickly smear a thin layer onto the tip of the weapon before slowly and silently following Peppermint. He decided to give her the kill, or a prisoner if she pleased. He got into a defensive position and scanned the room for anything out of the ordinary. He spotted a small black box hanging in the corner of the room and sidestepped over to it. He cut a few of the wires and a quiet sizzling sound could be heard as metal met venom. He worked on the screws in the wall with his dagger until the small camera came free and he ripped out the tape."Now I see why no robbers or bandits hang around here. it seems word has gotten around that the police are setting up cameras in some buildings, or it could be the Hunters. There isn't any symbol on this that could help identify it's origin." He turned the camera around, running his fingers along edges. He'd take it apart later, the parts could be useful.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/02/2009 3:30 PM

"It could be either. But even if it is 'Hunters', you'd be safe. They only go after the 'Blade Children' and since you haven't officially joined, they wouldn't attack you." Peppermint replied. She started smearing her dagger with a lethal dose of Strychnine. She couldn't take the pet as hostage. She would have to kill it. If she captured it, there was still a chance it could escape and if it was a Hunter's pet,  they would be in big trouble. "I think I'll go in for the kill!" Peppermint said as she charged at it. She stabbed the Tali's shoulder and within seconds it was dead. "There. That will prevent spying. For all we know, it could have been a Hunter's pet." Peppermint said while she took a sip from her regular water bottle. She liked it this way. Living life that had no certain future. Living on the edge - not knowing what was going to happen next. For her, it was a thrill ride, she couldn't get enough of it. "Well, I suppose we should get out of her then, no?" Peppermint said starting to walk down the stairs.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/02/2009 4:55 PM

Simion broke the tape in half so there would be no evidence of them being here. he started toying with the camera. he had already taking off the top of it and was now looking through the wires and pieces for anything useful to him."But, who said I wouldn't attack them. If your attacked, then the smart thing to do would be to attack your attacker, in their case anyways." He took out a few wires from the camera and coiled them before wrapping a rubber band around them and placing them in his pocket. He threw the remains of the camera into an open crate and searched the room for anything else."It doesn't look like there are any other spying devices so the smart thing to do would be to leave. The tali's owner will come looking for it eventually, and we don't want to be here when the owner does. Did you see anything interesting upstairs? Any electronics of sorts?" He wiped the venom from his dagger and placed it back on his belt and the vile of venom was put on a chain and hung around his neck.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/02/2009 5:27 PM

"Not that I could see but I suppose we should search the place quickly to see if we could find anything." Peppermint replied. She dug through most of the crates finding only a few pieces of paper and a key chain that she shoved into her bag. She took a cloth from in her bag, wiped the Strychnine off of her dagger and placed the cloth, both bottles of water and the dagger back into her bag. "Right. Let's got then. And in case there might be any evidence of us being here, lets shut the doors too." Peppermint said as she walked out of the warehouse. She waited for Simion to come walking out and then shut the doors. She checked that there were no people in the area and when she couldn't see any people or pets, she started walking away from the door when she heard a scratching noise. When she looked down, she saw a Rattegan scurrying off away from warehouse. So, she now had the Strychnine in the bottle of water, a regular bottle of water, a dagger, a cloth, a key chain, and the collar from that police dog. Most of it seemed pretty useful to her. You never know when you might need something like a dog collar or a key chain.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/02/2009 5:42 PM

Simion exited the warehouse and caught a glimpse of the rattagen. He noticed a wire tied around it's neck with a small device attached. He would have killed it, but it disappeared before he could get a good aim on it. he started at a brisk walk down the street, his eyes scanning the darkness around them."We have to get out of here, now. Someone was listening to our whole conversation. That camera was pretty old fashioned, but that rattagen had some high-tech stuff strapped to it." He entered the shadows of an overhanging building, the vile of glowing venom hidden safely under his shirt. He caught movement in an alleyway across the street and paused as he focused on a shape crouching in the shadows. He placed a hand on his dagger and motioned for Peppermint to back up against the brick wall of a building. If it was the 'Hunters' and they really were as good as she said, then this would be a dangerous fight, and he'd like to spare the danger and just get somewhere where he could be safe a relax for a little while. His senses had been completely aware for the past few days and he needed a break. He was already running low on a supply of venom.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/02/2009 10:33 PM

She moved up against the wall and fast. A Hunter. It was probably a Hunter. She knew of no one else who would use pets as spies. This was getting dangerous now. She slipped behind a barrel and smuthered her dagger with the Strychnine and quickly out the poison away. "You don't have to fight in this you know. You're not one of the Blade Children yet meaning they won't attack you. But if you wanna fight, go ahead, be my guest." Peppermint whispered. She was now in attack position against the wall. She hadn't heard of any more reports of Hunters. Eyes would have contacted her on her cell if another was to appear. Maybe it was a new Hunter? Maybe just from the spying they decided they were just going to start attacking the Blade Children without anyone to help and no plan?! She had to find a way to contact one of the Blade Children so they could contact Eyes or to contact Eyes himself. But she couldn't use her cell, it would give them away. And same thing if she tried to actually run away which she would rather die than live the shame of running away from a battle. If they survived this, she would need to contact Eyes.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/03/2009 12:54 AM

Simion clenched his hands into fists and didn't bother to take out his dagger."I was planning on a doing a bit of questioning first." He locked onto the shape but it disappeared and a small smile appeared on his face."That won't be good enough..." The words had barely left his mouth before his hand shot behind a crate and locked onto something soft and fleshy. He pulled the boy from behind the crate up against the brick wall by the throat. He grabbed the boys hands with his free hand and locked them in his grip. A knife clattered to the ground and Simion pushed it aside with his foot. He allowed his grip to loosen just enough on the boys throat so that he could get air a say a few words."I...Only want...The girl." Simion locked eyes with the boy, but the boy broke the gaze. He relaxed everything but his grip on the Hunter. The boy didn't try to fight back, probably hoping that Simion would let him free and give him what he wants."And why would I give you that?" he could feel the Hunter's pulse speed up as panic took him. he felt the boy tighten under his grip, but he still didn't try to break free."It would be...So easy for you to just walk away...And escape the pain." Simion tightened his grip so the boy was wheezing and gasping for air. The Hunter's heartbeat sped up as he pictured his own death."Now, I am going to ask you a few questions, and I want you to answer them truthfully, do you think you can do that much?" The boy nodded his head to the best of his ability and Simion smiled."Good. Now, how many are of you in this current location, your current positions, and your future plans." He loosened his grip enough so the boy could speak in full sentences."There are me, and two others. One in the alleyway over there, and one a ways down the street. Our future plans, that I cannot tell you. it would be wrong to give away our secrets to the enemy." Simion was glad there weren't many, and hadn't expected the boy to reveal their secrets anyways. The boy was trying to save his own life in the beginning, but his hope had plummeted when he saw the evil glint in Simion's eyes."I didn't expect you to tell me that, though it wasn't like it was to save your life. What would you like to do with him Peppermint, he doesn't seem much use to us."

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/03/2009 8:29 PM

Peppermint let out a gasp of shock and stepped back. "I only want the girl? I only want the girl?! What kind of pathetic excuse is that?! I only want the girl?! This is why I think you Hunters are filthy! Good for nothing! You don't understand  what we have to go through! You don't understand our way of life!" Peppermint yelled. None of them understood the Blade Children. None of them understood how they had to live. "I don't care what you do with him at this point. Although we could use him to get at the others. Hunters never like seeing their own kind dead. So if we walk in there with him captive...then maybe the others will surrender without a fight." Peppermint replied. "We should head to the Alleyway first. Although I've got to contact Eyes about this. He'll be interested." Peppermint said. She took out her cell and told Eyes what had happened. "Hm. Interesting. I'm surprised you could get information from a Hunter. But I'll try to send a reinforcement to help you out. In the mean time, just stay there." Peppermint heard Eyes say. "We'll have to stay here. Eyes is sending in a reinforcement. But in the mean time, there's a few crates that could fit an anthro pet. I guess we'll shove him in there and I'll sit on the crate." Peppermint said as she opened up a crate.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/03/2009 8:47 PM

Simion lifted the Hunter from against the wall and shoved him in the crate."Ok, so because of that little outburst of yours I'm a bit more curious. I would like to know what the 'Blade Children' actually do. What is your expertise? I'm sort of like an inventor/serial killer, though I don't kill that much. But, what do you actually do?" he leaned against the wall and eyes the alleyway suspiciously. He would have gone over their and killed the Hunter, and the one down the street, but he didn't feel that there was a need to at that particular moment. He was curious about the 'Blade Children's' business. Were they theives, murderers, assassins, robbers. There were many different types of evil in the world, but he wasn't completely sure the 'Blade Children' were actually evil. He was evil, that he was sure of. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and let his bangs fall over his eyes. His metallic colored hair gleamed slightly in the dim light from the street lamp. His hair had a certain sheen to it, like it was actually made of metal.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/03/2009 9:26 PM

Peppermint went and closed the top to the crate and sat down on it to make sure the Hunter didn't escape. "Well, we, you could say we are assasins. Although like you, we only kill when we have to or should. We would be like your 'good' version of 'evil' people. That's the easiest way to put it." Peppermint replied. "And we also take murder missions. Yes-suree! That's the way we do things!" came another voice from out in the shadows. "So you're our reinforcement huh, Shadow." Peppermint said rather cheerfully. "Yup, at your service here Peppermint. And the gentleman standing over there?" Shadow replied. "His name is Simion. Simion Sandalwin" Peppermint replied. "Oh, and I forgot to introduce you two all though it wouldn't be of much use now. Simion, Shadow. Shadow, Simion." Peppermint said. "Now, where's the Hunter?" Shadow asked. "Right here in this crate." Peppermint replied. She got off the crate, opened the top and tapped on the box. The Hunter came out and immediately she grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Now lead the way." Shadow said as he pushed the Hunter along.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/03/2009 10:27 PM

Simion eyed Shadows curiously before following them and the Hunter. He picked up the Hunter's dagger from the ground as he passed and started to inspect the small weapon."Not bad, a bit dingy, but should fetch a hefty price. The blade could use some shining and a better point, but it's got a very decorated hilt..." His mutterings were all about business. He also sold trinkets on the black market, ones he finds on his victims sometimes, and most of them are some sort of weapon."Um, excuse me sir, but if you're not going to kill me then can I atleast have my weapon back? I won't use it, like I'd get the chance anyways." Simion looked up at the Hunter, but he never hesitated in his step."Really, does it have any sentimental value?" learning as much as he could about what he was going to sell, then it's easier to put a fair price on it."Yes sir, it was my father's blade." Simion inspected the hilt again, and found the metal a bit faded and even chipped in one spot."How old is it?" The age was a prime factor in pricing."It's been in my family for centuries, sir." Simion smiled as he rubbed the blade with his fingers."Ah, it must be pretty old then, that'll make the price go up. You have a problem with holding your tongue boy, you should try and work on that." He chuckled slightly to himself as he thought of people that would buy the blade."I know, but who would buy a dingy old dagger like that?" The boy seemed almost determined to not let his weapon fall into bad hands."Oh, I know many assassins that would put a large price on a blade like this, most of them putting more on it that I would sell it for." The Hunter fell silent, his hopes of getting his dagger back broken.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/03/2009 10:55 PM

"Why would we give back your dagger? Who knows, you could try something. And I find that Hunters are often more capable than they look. But anyways, we're not going to kill you or any of your friends if they surrender nicely. We're just going to turn you and them into the police." Shadow said letting out a small chuckle. It was fun seeing Hunters all desperate when they got captured. "Shadow, are you trying to taunt him?" Peppermint asked. "Uh...no. I'm just stating the truth, right?" Shadow replied. "I suppose. But you didn't have to let him know after all." Peppermint replied with a sigh. "Well, after we get this done, shall we sleep at the Inn for a good night's rest? But of course we'd take three hour shifts to watch for Hunters or Bandits." Peppermint said. "Yeah, I suppose so. I'm getting a little tired." Shadow replied. "Tired?! You don't know tired! You haven't done anything today!" Peppermint replied. "Uh, hold on there. Yes I have. I've been filing papers and ya know, doing official business." Shadow replied. "Whatever. Let's just concentrate on the Hunters." Peppermint replied slightly annoyed. She walked by a rock and kicked it out of frustration. What was so...so wow about the Blade Children, that ten billion people try to kill them? It was so infuriating sometimes! She just hated days like this.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/03/2009 11:15 PM

Simion listened to Peppermint and Shadow's small argument with a small smile plastered onto his lips. he hadn't smiled this much in a while. Well, stuff like this didn't happen everyday. The usual day for him consisted of killing hiding, killing again, then going off to count the loot. When the subject of rest came into their conversation he chuckled to himself."Excuse me Peppermint, sorry to interrupt but, I am a robot, mechanical and such, so I don't sleep, or eat by the way. I might as well take one shift the whole night and you two can get your rest. My vision can penetrate almost all stages of darkness." It was good to be a robot sometimes, but the problem was trying to figure out what to do the whole night. he got bored sometimes, and there weren't always people straying on the streets for him to kill. He would sometimes clean the streets of bandits and burglars, but not to help the society, oh no. He would kill them, and take whatever loot they had snatched that day, which wasn't always much. The occasional jewellery, sometimes a few KS, not ever very much. He liked the big cities, with professional robbers and assassins. The ones that never looked where they were walking and always got the big stuff. Those were the good places for him to be, not here with lowly robbers and pickpockets.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext