The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Re: Just another gloomy day [Snicky/P: Me & Clack]

Postby Atoli01 » 01/04/2009 4:34 PM

"Well thanks. Now me and Shadow can have a nice long sleep." Peppermint replied. "That is if no Hunters or thieves come after us."  Shadow added. So it was going to be a nice long sleep tonight then, huh? After a long day, a hopefully long sleep was to come. Although Shadow hadn't really done much to deserve a nice long sleep. Which took more work - running around the Slums all day or filing papers - exactly, running around the Slums all day. And hopefully after they captured - maybe even killed these Hunters - there would be no more at least for the time being. "If we captured these Hunters, where exactly would we put them? Because I'm not paying for them to sleep in the Inn." Peppermint said while in deep thought. "Eh, who cares? We could throw them into the river. They'd die a natural death, at least if they didn't know how to swim." Shadow suggested. "Where exactly is a river anyways?" Peppermint asked. "I dunno. I was just suggesting what they do in these crime movies. Plus, doesn't every town have a river?" Shadow replied. "No." Peppermint replied. "Oh well. We could throw them down the well then." Shadow replied as he pointed to a well. "Well, you do have a point there." Peppermint replied shrugging.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/04/2009 8:04 PM

"Ill probably sit in my pet form anyways. Easier to see with six eyes." He spotted a bit of movement down the street a ways, but it seemed like it was staying a ways off and wouldn't approach."All I need is some vinegar and alcohol and I can make a pretty strong drug. Or, we could go with your idea of throwing them down a well. I'll go with either." The Hunter didn't seem excited about the thought of being thrown down a well. Simion would probably tie their wrists and ankles together with cord before though. They'd drown quicker that way. Though, if they did dump them in a well, then their decaying bodies would ruin the water, which would probably destroy the town without fresh water, and most of the people living there didn't look like they could afford imported water. He was fine with either though. One of the nearby street lights flickered and he caught a small movement in an alleyway on the opposite side of the street as the other movement he'd seen. Great, they were surrounded. he slipped his dagger from his belt and wondered if it would hurt to just kill the other two. They had one already, why would they need three?

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/04/2009 8:38 PM

Peppermint pulled out her dagger and got into attack position. She pushed their captive Hunter over to Shadow and grabbed him. "I don't suppose you would want him back now, would you? Surrender and he won't be killed." Shadow said with his dagger to the Hunter's throat. "Heh. Nice work. But anyways, I think I'd go with the drug. I don't think throwing them down the well would be the best idea anyways. But then again, we could dig a pit, throw them down and some wild pet will find em'. It would be a bonus for nature after all." Peppermint said with a small chuckle. "Ok. But they never do that in horror movies. They always feed them directly to pet." Shadow replied. "Oh, who cares. Either way is fine. Let's just focus on the Hunters for now." Peppermint replied with a sigh. "I thought we were on the topic of how to dispose of Hunters. So technically, we are focusing on the Hunters." Shadow replied. "Well, you know this isn't a game and you know what I mean." Peppermint said slightly annoyed. "Yeah, sure. Whatever." Shadow replied. "Now surrender peacefully if you don't want this one to be killed!"  Peppermint yelled out to the Hunters. At that point, Shadow let loose a small smirk as he moved his dagger a little bit closer to the Hunter's throat.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/04/2009 9:06 PM

Simion gripped his hilt of his dagger and tried to pinpoint the exact locations of the Hunters. A girl popped her head out from behind a garbage can and look quizzically at them."So you're not going to hurt him?" The girl had a resemblance to the boy, probably his sister."Did we say that?" The girl's eyes turned to slits and she stared hard at them."No." On the other side of them another boy climbed out from behind a few cardboard boxes."Do you think we should surrender?" The other boy had a dagger in his hand, and was already in a defensive position, probably expecting to be attacked or ambushed."He's my brother, what do you think." The girl climbed from behind the trash can and walked towards them before dropping her weapon. The other boy did the same. Simion walked up to the boy and grabbed him by the back of the neck with one hand and locked his hands behind his back with the other."I hope you three enjoy drinking venom. It's not the most pleasant taste, I'll tell you that. Now, I think have enough for a motel room. 20 or 30 Keystones should do for a night, I suppose. I always carry enough for a room if I don't want to be out on the streets for a night."

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/09/2009 11:06 PM

Peppermint sat down on a nearby crate watching Simion. Since the Hunters were kinda the one hunting her, she didn't feel any pity for their death. She just shrugged the thought off and started swatting a fly that was flying around. "That's good. Well, do you know how much it is for one person? And second, what are we going to do with the girl and the other one here?" Peppermint replied pointing at the Hunter that Shadow had. She ran up to the girl and grabbed her to make sure she couldn't try to make a run for it. "Well, I guess it's up to Simion to decide in this case. After all, I have no idea what to do with these two. I'm not paying for them to stay at the Inn." Shadow said. "Oh gee, you're a real help." Peppermint replied with a sigh. At this point, she really didn't care what happened to the Hunters. After all, why should she? "But if we do bring them along, I found this old key to the basement of the Tavern. They say no one even uses the Tavern basement anymore. And plus, there's only one key." Peppermint said as she took a key out of her pocket.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/09/2009 11:27 PM

Simion released the boys neck to slip his dagger from his belt and place the tip right to the back of the Hunter's throat."The Tavern basement sounds good. It saves my money and won't rouse suspicions." he was sure walking into an inn with three prisoners would rouse suspicion, and he didn't need any more fights that day. he liked his fights quick and short. A dagger to the back or a small sting was all he liked to do. To the death, all-out battles weren't really his thing."And, I suppose we could just kill two and keep one. We wouldn't need all three, would we? Unless you need them for something, of course." If he did kill them, he wouldn't use the venom on his blade. A quick slit to the throat was almost as effective as a small cut with a drop of venom in it. He'd need the venom for the drug, and that drug usually wouldn't allow second chances, especially with the amount of venom it took for one dose. He picked up one of the dropped daggers with his free hand and inspected it. A plain knife, with a dull blade. Probably stolen from a robber or lowly thief. No professional assassin or murderer in their right mind would carry around a weapon like that, but, a lot of the assassins and murderers he knew weren't in their right mind.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/10/2009 12:31 AM

"And to keep from rousing suspicions even more, I know a secret way to get to the basement without walking in through the normal way. A lot of people don't know it, but there's a secret door at the back of the Tavern." Peppermint replied. "And I suppose we would only need one. I think we'll take the original. He may be able to still give us some information with enough persuasion." Shadow replied as he and Peppermint nodded. "And there's no use in hauling three little bratty kids around when we can just haul around one. It will only slow us down." Peppermint said. "Unless one of them can prove themselves the most useful. It would be simple. The on that gives us the most true information, we'll spare. But also, if they lie to us about one piece of information, we would kill them right then and there." Shadow said. "Okay. We can see who's the most worthy of sparing from the three then." Peppermint replied grinning.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/10/2009 12:00 PM

Simion threw the blade into a nearby crate. He decided that no one would probably buy it. Not even a professional thief would want it probably. He nodded his head."Sounds good." A secret way is usually the best way. He looked to the girl Hunter's former position, where she had dropped her dagger. She had said that her and the already captured boy were siblings, so she might have a nice dagger like his. He couldn't see a trace of it though, and realized that she must have heard what he was saying about her brother's blade. He gave a small sigh of frustration. He didn't have time to go searching now."I would like to kill off a few, your idea's not so bad. What information should we use, and how will we know if it's correct?" They had to know which information was the correct piece, else they might kill the one with the truth. Barely anyone ever listened to him when he was telling the truth, but they had to catch him to kill him, which was almost completely impossible when his punishment would be death.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/10/2009 12:14 PM

"We'll just start out with simple information. Things that most people wouldn't know unless they knew this place good. And I'm one of those people along with Peppermint here." Shadow replied. "And how we would know it was correct, for one thing Shadow has knack of being able to tell if someone's lying, and two it would be questions we already know the answer to." Peppermint replied. "And then at the end, we'll ask a question that we would actually have to search for the answer. Ya know, so valuable information." Shadow added. It was true, with the valuable information, they may be leading them right into a trap or running all around time to spare time to think of a plan to escape. But it was all going to be worth the risk when they were done. "So, first question. How many secret passage ways are in the Tavern and Inn put together? And this question is for the younger boy." Peppermint said with a small grin.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/10/2009 12:52 PM

Simion noticed the younger boy pause before speaking."Umm...Well, I think there is three in the Tavern, and another two in the Inn, so that would make five." The boy didn't seem all that sure of himself, but more sure than the others looked. he would leave the judging up to Shadow and Peppermint. he hadn't had the time to explore the town fully, only a few warehouses and Inns had been explored by him, and he had created his own way in if he needed a quick hiding spot. He usually didn't, but no use in taking chances if it put your life at risk. Once you lose y6our life, there's no going back. You get one, and only one to spend, so it's best to spend it wisely, or not spend it at all. This would hopefully be over soon and they could just get out of there. The Slums were starting to creep him out, though that didn't mean he didn't like the place.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 01/10/2009 9:05 PM

"Fine. You're safe for this round." Peppermint said. "Now it's my turn. I won't go so easy. How much ks is required to spend one night at the Inn for 3 people and 2 drinks for each of those three people from the Tavern? This one is for the girl." Shadow said with a smirk. Peppermint slapped him on the back of the head. "You're just trying to get her to tell you the amount of ks we'll be needing, aren't you?!" Peppermint said outraged. "I know, I can do that math on my own but I'm just too lazy to do it, 'kay? calm down." Shadow replied as he rubbed the spot where Peppermint had hit him. Shadow went back and sat on a nearby crate and lounged around there waiting for the girl to tell him the answer. They both really hated having to work with bratty kids that were trying to be Hunters. I mean, it was so pathetic. Why would anyone send kids to do the job, they had no experience. And plus, for him, they were no challenge to deal with necause they were weak and too predictable.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 01/10/2009 9:21 PM

The girl held back a grunt. Math. Oh great. How she hated math. Being an orphan with her brother, she had never learned it, so she'd just guess a random number."Er...75?" Her voice was cracked and small. She tried to calm herself as much as possible for the fear of death was heavy in her thoughts. Her brother was looking away, probably trying to hide tears. Her brother had learned math, and other things. One of the aids at the orphanage had become attached to him and had taught him while doing chores. Simion smirked slightly at her answer. Pathetic. That was one to kill off, and so far the youngest boy was in the lead with one correct. the other boy was up next. Simion could see the sweat trailing down his face and soaking into his clothing. Tears were welling up in the girls eyes. Weren't these guys supposed to be evil? They could barely defend themselves. Probably new recruits or something.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 02/04/2009 8:20 PM

((My excuse is that I had to get my muse back for the RP. XD))

Peppermint nodded her head. It really was a loss of life, but what could you do? Shadow nodded at Peppermint. "Incorrect. I don't fancy killing people, but it's something that has to be done, no? Simion, you have the honor." Shadow said with a smirk on his face. "Well well, now it's my turn. The only one left in this round that hasn't been asked a question is the older boy, so this one goes to you. Now, if you don't want your sister to die in vain, you must answer this correctly. It's a simple riddle.

I slide and I slither
Shiny scales I sport
Venom in my fangs
Legs I hate
What am I?

There ya go. So what am I?"
Peppermint asked with a smirk on her face. If he couldn't get that right, he was truly useless.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 02/04/2009 10:44 PM

Simion thought about using his venom, but then thought it a waste. Instead he just did it practically. A dagger in the back would do. The movement was swift and silent. The girl's face went pale and she stiffened. Simion twisted his dager to the side, creating a sickening crunch as he broke the spine of the young girl. Her body went limp and he threw her corpse into one of the crates over to the side. He pushed the pale hand that was sticking out farther into the crate and closed the top. The older boy had been too preoccupied with the girl to hear the last lines of Peppermint's riddle. He had heard the part about the scales and venom, but not the rest. He tried to keep his breathing normal as he answered,"A lizard?" He wasn't sure it was right, and the thought of death lingered in his thoughts. He thought his answer was close enough, but he started thinking about things he might not ever know. Would they throw him in the same crate as the other one? Would they show mercy? Would the other boy live or were they going to kill him anyways? He might not ever know, and his fears had started to convince him.

Jack the Ripper

clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 02/06/2009 11:23 AM

Peppermint let out a sigh. These Hunters really had no brain - at least not these. Even a two-year-old could have figured out the riddle. "Legs I hate. I mean come on, in other words, the thing doesn't have legs! I slide and slither, that means it doesn't walk! Venom in my fangs...it's just pathetic! I didn't even know the answer to it at first! But after the second line I knew what it was!" Shadow said sounding frustrated. How could these people really be so stupid? They both thought that the older one would have survived to at least the second round. You'd think the older ones would be more intelligent. "Shadow has strong point. But anyways, it's wrong. ...We play fair so we will spare your little brother. Shadow, you can kill him. After all, you did prove a small point just a second ago. I tried to make it easy since it seemed you Hunters had no brains, but oh well." Peppermint said. Shadow nodded his head and took out his dagger. With one quick movement, he had sliced the older boy's neck. "So, what should we do with them now?" Sadow asked as he pointed to the dead boy on the floor and the younger one, still alive.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext