The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

Another Day... Another Life (P Me and Cookie) PG 13 COMPLETE

Postby Middy » 03/13/2009 12:58 PM

Bane walked through the dank roads of the slums. This place was a filthy drug ridden place where gangs and other crimes took place quite often. The perfect haven for himself, but he was sent here for something more then to just have fun. He was here to do his job at dispatching someone... again. It wouldn't be hard, sneaking around the rubble and misplaced junk, launching a sneak attack was mere child's play. It was strange though, everything was so empty here, his father Sable always told him that this place was a breeding ground for prey. Liar! He didn't see anything here! Not even some disease ridden black rats.
He shook his head, "Where do I begin..." he could always try somewhere else, or maybe wander around to have some good illegal fun of his own. Then again he had a job to do, and that always came before playtime.

[Lvl 1][P- 1]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Another Day... Another Life (P Me and Cookie)

Postby Cookie » 03/13/2009 3:38 PM

Aveline strolled down the road, wandering, which was what she was doing, was not a good thing to do in the Slums. She stood out greatly amongst all the dark colored pets and people that stayed here. She didn't mind, she knew she could handle herself. She was just here to party at a few of the bars maybe, sneak in, get someone to buy her a drink, party, flirt, leave. She had found a way out of the house, both her mothers didn't want her to be here and told her not to go without someone with her. But since when were they going to find out?
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 03/13/2009 3:46 PM

Something caught Bane's attention, a brightly colored lucain in the slums... she matched the description of the person he was looking for... but she was a female!? Oh great, this wasn't going to be easy on him. Unlike his father he had a soft spot for females. Maybe he could... talk to her? Was worth a shot at least... the dark pelted Lucain slunk around like a shadow in the dark, creeping up behind the unsuspected Lucain, "Looking for something?" he said in a cold growly voice.

Chances are that she would run, if not maybe she could be worth his time for a change. Even if his true intentions were to slay her... was this even the right person?

[2]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 03/13/2009 3:58 PM

Aveline jumped a little and turned around "Oh, hello, No I was just waiting till it got a little darker... I was going to try and sneak into one of the bars 'round here." she said, not minding that the other had a strange vibe about him. She knew there was bad people in the world, but that really didn't bother her. 'My names Aveline, whats yours?" she asked, circling Bane curiously, "Maybe you want to join me at the bars? I thought I'd get away from the house, go somewhere and have some fun." she shrugged and sat down, smirking a little, and obviously flirting.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 03/13/2009 4:16 PM

What was this girl trying to do? Take him on a date or something? Sure, why not. Maybe he can get to know the girl better at the bar and maybe strike when she is most vulnerable. He paused for a moment before speaking, "Sounds fun... maybe we can spend some time. Seeing is how I am off duty as being on patrol here," lies were so easy to make up, he learned well from his father Sable, his adoptive father on the other hand. Bane shuddered thinking about him, "So... you can't get out of the household often then? What a shame to lock your beautiful self away like that," he smirked, flirting was so easy.

[3]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 03/13/2009 4:28 PM

She shrugged and walked on, expecting Bane to follow her. She didn't react to comments really, they were something so easily given and they didn't phase her much. "You never did tell me your name." she said, looking back at him and smiling. As they approached a nearby bar, surrounded by people and with a guard at the door, she smirked. This would be easy. They were always easier with a male guard at the door. She smiled sheepishly at the guard as she walked up to him "I forgot my pass at home.. you think you can let me and my friend here in?" she said, in a sort of sexy but calm tone. This was way too easy. Before she knew it she was already walking through the bar, looking back at Bane and laughing. She made her way through the crowd to the actual drink bar, leaning over the counter "Hey, give me my usual.. and um.. give him a..?" she looked back at Bane now, waiting for him to answer as the bartender fixed her drink.

((Does he have a human form? It would be easier to use at a bar..))
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 03/13/2009 4:34 PM

This girl was good, sneaking into a bar like that was either foolish... or manipulative. He looked around at the bar scene, so different from the bars he was used to where people fought each other for fun or even some drug abuse, even if he was never into the whole drug thing... trading the stuff yes but never using it. He heard the girl ask him his name earlier, and then what he wanted to drink, "The name is Bane... and I would like a good Black Russian on the rocks," ooh yes, alcohol. His biggest vice in this world aside from murder, drug trafficking and gambling. He took a seat at the drink bar brushing back his short black hair, red eyes focused on the girl, he resembled Sable so much, except without those freaky robot wings of course.

((Yes he does like his daddy, he is in it at the bar))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 03/13/2009 4:45 PM

Aveline smirked and also sat down, sipping at her drink as the bartender slid it down the long island counter top. She watched Bane closely, as he was doing to her, keeping an eye on him from the corner of her eye. She smiled brightly, her markings that also showed up on her Human form like her mothers did stood out in the dense fog of smoke and darkness. "Like to dance?" she asked, shooting Bane a sly look, innocent yet flirty. She quickly finished her drink. Her hair fell in her face, slanted bangs covering one eye, her long hair hanging almost down past her waist, she tucked her hair behind her ear, now letting Bane to see both of her pinkish colored eyes.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 03/13/2009 5:14 PM

Bane rested his head on his arms while laying at the counter, slumped over in such a way that his shredded trench-coat looked like a menacing black shadow. His red tearstain markings still remained in human form, enhancing the bright ruby red of his eyes. His hair was short, stopping just above his shoulders with dark purple highlights, "I can dance yes," heck why not have some fun, after all he was going to see his step dad after this job was done, he just didn't like the fact that he was undead. A zombie out of all things to have for a step father, but at least he had a lot of money on him that he could borrow, being a Baron and all had it's perks. In fact he has been using his money to buy what he wanted here, no biggie right?

He looked at the girl once more, would she understand him at all? Could he actually bring himself to kill her? This feeling bothered him, having second thoughts about a job was not something he has ever felt before.

Lvl2 [5]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 03/13/2009 5:45 PM

Aveline smiled and grabbed Bane's hand gently, leading him out to the dance floor. Unlike other people, drinks actually calmed her. She could get drunk, yes, but she somehow she could maintain control over her actions, something that she had learned to do. She draped her arms around Bane's neck, dancing with him in the crowd of people. Guys gawked, their girlfriends sneered, but she didn't pay any of them attention. The base played louder then ever, booming and giving everything a little shake each time it rung out.

[5]
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 03/13/2009 6:43 PM

Bane felt entranced by this dance, everything around him seemed to fade out into black focusing his attention on this young dame in front of him. Was it really right to kill her? What did she do? He was thinking nonsense, but was also contemplating on calling the job off. He tried to shrug it off and just focus on the here and now, his hands fell onto Aveline's waist as they danced across the floor. How foolish, he didn't even ask her name yet! Now is a good time maybe, he slowly gave a smile, "You... never told me your name," he had never held anyone alive before, was this... affection? Friendship? No, everything is so confusing. I must be going out of my mind..
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 03/13/2009 8:51 PM

Aveline smiled and whispered in his ear "Names Aveline." she said, dancing closer to him, her head tucked under his neck now as the songs started to slow down. With the base getting lower and lower, the crowd grew quieter and quieter. She, oddly, felt comfortable around Bane. "So whats your real job, Bane? I've been around here quite a few times to know you don't patrol any place around here.." she commented, shrugging slightly as she looked up at him "It cant really be that bad.. You got to do what you got to do to make money, no matter what it is."
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 03/13/2009 9:43 PM

She was smart, perhaps too smart. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "I... can't say right now, all I can say is that I follow in my father's footsteps," sure the money in his job was well paid he just couldn't trust Aveline enough to tell her. What if she were to blab this out in the open? He was all about stealth, not rushing in and getting himself known. His hands fell back to his sides just letting the sounds around him soothe him, "How long are you going to be here, Aveline?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 03/14/2009 7:30 AM

Aveline kept her hands draped around his neck, sometimes running a finger gently up and down his neck as she spoke "I don't know, why do you ask?" she questioned, curiosity burning in her eyes. She didn't know why he couldn't tell about his job... but did it really matter? Did she really need to know? She laid her head on his shoulder gently, sighing as one hand gently played with his hair, twirling it gently in her fingers.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Middy » 03/14/2009 3:01 PM

Psychical contact was a new thing for him, especially one of affection. Was she really flirting... with him? He shrugged it off, maybe just enjoying this moment was enough. "I was just curious if we could ever see each other again after this? Or I don't know... maybe hang out after the bar?" it was getting harder and harder to see her as a victim, his father would be mad at him for sure, but did that matter?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next