The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

National Guard Gets a Puppy [P]

Postby Celtic » 05/17/2009 8:39 PM

((Okay, this RP is using information from books by Tamora Pierce. Dogs are not my idea <3 RE2 and RE is welcome too xD

Background:
Dogs = Policemen basically. They patrol and 'cage' (jail) pickpockets, thieves and others.
Puppies = Trainees
Three watches, Day, evening and Night))

Zane slipped into the hall unnoticed as the Puppies lined up. He wasn't here to get one, but rather to size up which ones will be killed, survivors and quitters. No, Zane knew that Toby would never, ever give such an irresponsable Dog like him a puppy. Even if his partner was the mighty Vernoi.

There was a rather large group of puppies this time, yet it was a rather sad group. Most of the females were weak and small, and the boys weren't much better, skrawny and from what the list he held in front of him said, their actual forms were all pitiful. Just a few stood out to him, two girls and four boys. A Fighter Werebetta, an Evren Soldier, a Staigovold, a Lucain and an Anera. All were formidible in their own ways and were nearly as useful as his own. It would prove to be a very interesting day of assignments.

[1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Re: National Guard Gets a Puppy [P]

Postby Celtic » 05/17/2009 8:54 PM

Zane's partner was already in the lineup and looked his way when he finally arrived distastefully. She hated people who were late to such important things, even if she was sure they wouldn't recieve a puppy. Like him, she was in her human form yet she was wearing her Serraptor necklace and feather in her hair.

Then the Puppy assignments began as Toby called out first the Puppy's name then the two dogs who would be granted it.

"Zephyr will be assigned to Xen and Gr'ii" The first one, everyone clapped and some patted the dogs on the back as they went to collect their pick. And it went on, boring as usual.

[1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/17/2009 9:02 PM

Ahora wringed her hands nervously, she was second to last and knew that there would be a while yet till she was assigned to a pair of Dogs. Slowly the lined moved up as Ahora congratulated yet another one of her few friends. So far, Zephyr (the Fighter Betta) was on the Day Watch, Tristan (the Sahound) was on Evening watch and Dryta (the Anera) was on the Night watch. Ahora and Phelan were still waiting on their dogs and watches.

Her eyes constantly swept the room, each time lingering just a bit on the two famed Dogs she wanted for her own, Dyla and Tryte. They were the head honchoes of the Kennel and their Puppies always rised to greatness. Yet, it was a silly dream that was crushed when the girl just in front of her was assigned to them. Instantly, she deflated, but returned to normal as she relized it was her turn for Dogs.

"Ahora and..."

[1]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/17/2009 9:06 PM

"Zane and Vernoi."

Zane could not believe what he just heard. He just stood there like an idiot, mouth open in shock. Until Gladys elbowed him in the side. Then, he reacted.

"WHAT? I never get a Puppy! This has to be a joke!" Zane yelled in outrage, storming with a suprisingly calm Vernoi at his side to the Alpha's office. The door slammed behind him as he walked in. Then the yelling began as everyone flinched. No one could make out what was being said as it was muffled, but eventually after a few minutes, the door opened and Zane flew out in his blinding Magistry form leaving Gladys to greet the Puppy.

[2][2]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/17/2009 9:19 PM

Gladys smiled as she walked smoothly to the somewhat shocked/ frightened Ahora. "Oh, don't be to hurt, Zane's just being Zane. He overreacts to everything, its quite normal. Now, come with me and we'll meet up with Zane to begin our Watch. Oh and once we get outside, change into your quad form. Its easier to get around."

Ahora took a deep breath before attempting a small smile at the crowd and then following Gladys outside into the Slums. The light was dimming now over the piles of unknown and unpleasant huts as she took the form of her Evren, enjoying what little scent she had here. Thankfully though, Vernoi was just a tad taller then she, it would have been very odd if the Puppy was larger then the Dog. Very odd indeed.

[2][3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/18/2009 1:55 PM

Just as Gladys promised, Zane swooped in right before their watch began. He looked and was considerably more relaxed having had that crucial time to think on having a puppy. That meant he would have to be more responsible and he would have to take less dangerous projects on. But nevertheless, it was part of the duty he signed up to take when he took the oath of a full fledged dog, so of course he had to accept the Puppy or get lost.

Puppy! Whats your name? Zane barked a bit roughly, ruffling his feathers some as he spoke. He really needed sometime to get used to this new idea.

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/18/2009 1:58 PM

Ahora jumped, waking herself from her inner conflicts of accepting the dogs. She knew she had to answer quickly, without doubt and definately without any stammering. Ahora, sir. Ahora mentally kicked herself, she had said it almost in a whisper betraying the fact of how much the Magistry scared her.

erm... I mean Ahora Sir! She corrected herself, minding the tone and the volume.

[3]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/18/2009 2:03 PM

Gladys Vernoi just shook her head at the two of them. She could tell that it would take a few watches for Zane to lower his hackles towards the new Puppy. But, the Puppy would do well in Gladys opinion. She had corrected herself, showing a stubborn streak (which might have to be corrected later) and Ahora had a nice strong Evren as a foundation creature.

"Now now you two. Calm down Zane so we can proceed like civilized creatures, and Ahora lower your hackles!" Vernoi's voice was as smooth as a river in this retrospect trying to calm them both at the same time as being directive.

[4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/20/2009 9:56 PM

Zane ruffled his feathers obviously not liking the fact of the senior Dog giving him orders. "Fine, but while sh'es our puppy, it stays with you." Zane spat not even acknowledging his new assignment.

Leaving Ahora dumbfounded unknowning how she was supposed to respond to such a jerk. "Hello? Your 'it' happens to be a she, and my name happens to be Ahora! You bastard!" She hissed back, raising her lowered hackles once more at him. She would not deal with this!

[4][4]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/26/2009 8:58 PM

Gladys had to smile at that. Her little puppy had some fight in her after all! "Now, now. Zane you really are being a bastard you idiot. Ahora here is our puppy, not just mine so you gotta man up, or you know what'll happen." She half laughed half glared at Zane for a moment before turning to Ahora, "Now, You know as well as I that that language will not slide while your still a puppy. You will never use that tone or that name again against us or you wil suffer the consequences." Ahora knew them, Gladys was positive of that and when she stared at the ground ashamed, her suspicion was comfirmed. "Now both of ya, get your booties into action we can't just sit here all night!"

[5]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items