The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Study You, Study Me [Inessi Hunt/RE2]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/08/2013 2:03 AM

ImageImageImage

The sea felt cold against the tips of her hooves, washing just above her pasterns and cooling her feet. Twilight gazed down into the waves that lapped against the soft, pristine sands of the Nodia beach, silently contemplating the water and it’s blue-green color. Behind her, she could hear the shifting of the sand as her two companions lounged about, one beneath and umbrella, and the other basking in the sunlight. “I don’t understand your fascination with the sea,” the smaller of the two grumbled; he was short, and stocky, and he held a book in his tiny little claws, his massive head with it’s odd mane of gray and white, sticking just over the top of the large tome. “It’s unnatural.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Study You, Study Me [Inessi Hunt/RE2 welcome]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/08/2013 2:03 AM

Twilight snorted in a horse-like way, turning and trotting easily over the sand and back to her companions. “Why, Boris, I would’ve thought you, of all people, knew why the sea is so fascinating to me.” When the little lizard raised one brow-ridge expectantly, Twilight gave her mane a shake. “Don’t you know that horses were born of the sea? All equines were created by the hand of Triton, when he scooped the foam from the water and molded the ‘perfect shape.’ Unicorns, most especially, are drawn to the water because our kind was once trapped there by an ancient and evil man and his red bull who sought to keep us all for himself. Didn’t you ever wonder why you don’t see any other unicorns around these lands? They’re all hiding, for fear of being captured and banished to the sea again.” She eyed him haughtily, and when her friend didn’t reply, she gave her tail a whisk, turning and lightly slapping him over the head with it as she returned to the water.

“Unicorns,” Boris muttered, in an ill-humor, as always. “Your heads are so addled by magic that you can’t tell fiction from fact. If that was a true story, I would’ve read it in-”

“-One of your books, Boris?” their third companion chimed, looking up from her place in the sand. She was a Tragic Insonia, one head a brilliant pink, and the other a deep, piercing ebony. The black head looked like it was bored out of it’s mind, but the pink head smiled sweetly at her fellow lizard. “Honestly, Boris, you care more for your books than you do for the real world. If Twilight and I didn’t drag you from the library, you’d probably never leave!” She swiped her tail around her, swishing the sand into soft, sun-heated mounds that shifted over her scales and warmed them comfortably.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/08/2013 2:04 AM

Boris ‘tsked,’ shaking his head. “And for good reason!” he declared with a growl. “Have you seen the state of the world today? By the Gods, if the war didn’t ruin our economy, then all the dunderheaded idiots throwing their keystones away most certainly did!”

“Boris!” the Insonia, who’s name was Natasha, scolded lightly. “You shouldn’t speak about people in such a manner.” The other head whipped around with a smirk. “No wonder you don’t have any friends,” it quipped.

Boris eyed the Insonia with one large, indigo orb, then disappeared back behind his book, muttering something about ‘nonsense’ and ‘the state of the economy.’ Choosing to leave him to his brooding, the Insonia lumbered from the sand, shaking it from her scales and heading towards the water, where Twilight stood quietly, allowing the waves to lap at her hooves. “So, Twily,  what exactly are we here for? Surely you didn’t drag all of us to the beach just to gaze into the ocean and reminisce about fairytales?”

Twilight flashed a mock-glare in Natasha’s direction, but smiled nonetheless; the gesture seemed almost odd on the face of a horse, but it was gentle and reassuring all the same. “You’re right,” she admitted, dipping her head so that her nose hovered just above the ridge of the waterline. “Fairytales aside, I am actually very interested in a new bit of information I received via The Intelligence Division at the Bureau.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/08/2013 2:05 AM

Now the Insonia looked taken aback, though no less interested. She eyed Twilight keenly. “Those tight-lipped creepers? You managed to get information out of them? I knew you were good at persuasion, Twilight, but I never knew you were that good. What did you do, threaten them with a week of being transfigured into a teapot?”

The unicorn laughed, a harsh, whinnying sound that was as melodical as it was horse-like. “Not so much the entire division as much as it was Myuu.”

“Myuu?” Natasha repeated, looking skeptical. “Now that’s not a source I’d even trust. She’s, if you’ll excuse the expression, bat-crap crazy. You know how…weird she can get.”

“I am well aware,” Twilight replied. “But I confirmed the information with Tsume, and he gave me clearance to investigate…I think he’s interested in it as well.”

“It? What ‘it‘?”

“there’s a creature around here called the Inessi. It hasn’t been studied much, and there isn’t all that much known about it, except for a few choice details. Tsume wants me to see if I can collect a specimen to transport back to the Bureau.” She made a vaguely sick looking face. “I didn’t like the look on his face when he said ‘specimen’ though. I have a feeling his idea of studying will involve a LOT of dissecting. My idea of studying involves a nice big tank in the back of the library, away from Tsume prying eyes…and his scalpel. I want to know more about it’s biology, but I don’t want to cut it open to find out about it. It’s easier to observe and study if you ask me.”

“A sound call,” Natasha agreed, trying not to appear vaguely ill at the idea of dissecting some poor, innocent fish (who, for all they know, could’ve been as sentient and intelligence as the two of them). Tsume and his ‘odd ways,’ as Wixxen, his ‘partner’ had once described them, were things one needed to steer clear of.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate