The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

In the Name of Science {Silv and me} [HUNT]

Postby Mojave » 05/12/2013 7:42 PM

He had been asleep, dreaming of days of valor and glory, saving lives of innocents and those he helped during the war. But the persistent tapping on his shoulder could only be ignored with feigned sleep for so long. He laid his ears back and gave the intruder a silent growl, lips lifted back enough to reveal his large fangs. Of course, eventually, you had to wake up. You always had to wake up. What? His irritated telepathic voice resounding in the tent, causing the other mercenaries on this job to twitch in their sleep.

The boy, however, was used to such irate customers, it seemed, for he flippantly tossed the telegram he had been holding onto the hammock the sahound was curled up in. With an ironic salute, he departed the tent, never sparing a word for a dirty hound in a dirty camp. Miffed by the slight, Tarot regarded the telegram, not really paying attention to the details. Another job, it seemed and a better paying one. He barely registered the fact it would be on the Nodia Sea with a scientist and didn't care what gender his client was so he didn't bother to commit the knowledge to memory. Instead, he took the telegram between his teeth and stiffly jumped out of his hammock. He was glad Kyruit was a shrewd business woman for his pay had already been wired to their joint account thus he needn't excuse himself from his current gig. As silently as he'd arrived in camp, he similarly departed.

Now, in the port of Nodia Sea, he paced the docks, keeping near the boat that had been rented for this expedition. He had reread the telegram to get the finer details of the job and wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this new job. A female scientist on vacation heard about a new species and wanted to go researching it. Well, at least it was better than fighting corrupt battles and doing fat cats' dirty work. He flipped his tail as he about faced to continue pacing, checking the sun's height in the sky, wondering where his new boss was and why she was late.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Re: In the Name of Science {Silv and me}

Postby Silverin » 05/18/2013 1:23 PM

It was not common for her to be down from the great white north but here she was taking a break from the harsh unforgiving conditions. She did not normally enjoy the hot temperatures of the tropics however every so often they would be welcoming, especially when the cold icy winters set in, making an inhospitable place even more inhospitable. Besides the south beckoning her with its nice weather, Liz had also been asked to come down and check something out by her fellow scientists. The other scientist was a close friend and she was also curious her self. The discovery of a supposedly extinct species intrigued her and she wanted to find out if it was true or just a myth. It was the same for the other scientist only she could not make it down since she had other work to do at the falls and so this trip was planed.

So here she was, her flight had gotten in later than she had hoped and so she was now running at top speed trying to get to the docks where her hired guard was waiting. Hopefully he would not be displeased about waiting so long. To some a hired guard seemed a bit extreme but the waters were known for many dangers, pirates being a big one. It was not uncommon to see them sailing the sea and that was the last thing she wanted to run into considering the valuables she often carried around with her. The technical equipment was not cheep and the ivory from extinct animals was irreplaceable even if the ivory was here just as a hobby item, something she could carve into extravagant pieces of art or beautiful carved jewellery.

She ran at top speed towards the docks in the form of a yonyuu knowing that it would be faster than keeping in the form of a human. It was not too long before she arrived at her destination and she began looking for the boat and the guard she had hired. “Um… S.S…?” She spun around and found her self standing in front of the ship with an oddly colored Sahound in front of her. He bared the mark of an imperialist but lacked the right colors to be one. “So you’re my guard for the trip?” She said as she walked around him once to get a better look at him, still in the form of a Yonyuu. “I am Liz. Pleasure to meet you.”

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Re: In the Name of Science {Silv and me} [HUNT]

Postby Mojave » 05/19/2013 12:35 AM

Having heard the running footsteps of a canine, he had just managed to get out of the lost yonyuu's way. When Liz had turned to look at him, his mouth was open, about to ask if he could help her. However, as she started circling him, he shut his maw and stood stoically before her. When she faced him again, he raised a canine brow as if asking if he passed her inspection. However, her introduction surprised him. He was used to being questioned for his traitorous coloration, but it seemed she wasn't too interested in an imperial sahound of purine hues. Interesting. He thought, but now it was time to respond for he had been silent for a few moments since her introduction.

He tentatively reached out with his mind to touch hers, to see if she would be able to hear his normal mode of communication. He had met some rare individuals who could not receive his telepathic communications. He could speak with a human voice, but he had never learned how to control the bark all sahounds were gifted with- the amplified sound they collected with their ears. So it was usually loud and embarrassing. I'm Tarot, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

After the introductions, Tarot stood before her a little awkwardly. He was unsure what he needed to do next, used to simply being met with a raised brow or a condescending sound and being sent to work, sans chitchat. But he needed to find out if she could even hear him, first, since further attempts to communicate could be futile.
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 06/05/2013 9:57 PM

The fact that he communicated with her using his mind did not bother her at all, did not surprise her either. She was use to it, in fact during work she often used it to communicate with her fellow scientist when out in the field. There were a few in her group that almost communicated that way exclusively. She was not as often around her crew so various other means of communication besides by speech was necessary even more so when she was out on the tundra with great distance between each group.

“Nice to meet you as well Tarot… Alright now” She folded her wings to her back and began to board the small or well somewhat small vessel. “If there is anything you need to know or want just let me know.” She paused briefly as she lifted the case of equipment on to the ship. “I am pretty independent so you wont have to worry much about me. I mean I could not do much about a whole group of people but that’s where you come in. Since I am a girl, I am an easier target for such attacks and I am not too keen on tangoing with pirates on my own. So please take good care of me.” She said before taking a humanoid form. She was dressed for the southern weather in a bakini top of sorts and tan shorts with a pair of shades perched on the top of her head. Her dark navy blue hair was done up in a pony tail and her eyes a bright green like the forest in summer but the things that stood out most was the jewellery made out of the ivory of some ancient beast that once roamed the lands.

She moved the case of equipment to a more suitable spot before looking up at Tarot again. “Do you know how to pilot a ship? Or would you rather me do it?” She chuckled a little and waited for a reaction. She was half expecting him to be a bit stunned. Paws were not the best thing for moving or lifting anything, something she was fully aware of. If he could do it and wanted to, then she would be impressed.

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Mojave » 06/23/2013 5:27 PM

He was somewhat stunned by the amount of talking she was doing. It almost made him believe she honestly didn't care about his pelt, the implications, or the story behind it. It was... comforting, really. A little strange, but only because he was grown so accustomed to abuse. Well, I actually brought a friend of mine to pilot the boat. He's... rather odd. But he's willing to work for free, so I don't have to give him a share of my pay.

He looked up to the boat and gave a quick yip. In response, an elaborate hat popped into view, and propelled by some unseen force, made it's way around the cabin. A reddish brown lucain came into view, tongue lolling and tails wagging ecstatically. Around his waist were buckled some bags and around his forelegs were numerous bangles. In a quick moment, he had turned into a human man, still wearing his ridiculously elaborate hat with a simple and yet roguish ensemble of pants, boots, and frilly shirt, his accessories still in place. He jumped down onto the dock and bowed before Liz. "Bonjour, the pleasure is all mine, ma chère."
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate