The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Re: Chapter 9: Beaches and Castaways [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 10:54 PM

Joe glanced down into the amused smile of the woman beside him, and chuckled. "Yeah, I do recall."

"Good. Cuz you're not getting out of that now buddy, no matter how far away you try to get."

-----------------

"What the hell you mean you're going home?"

Bill stood over M.J., glowering darkly at the tiny officer, who had her bag slung over her shoulder. "Can I make myself any clearer?" she asked, amusement tingeing her voice. "I'm going home. Geeze, you act like I'm abandoning you. You know well and good we'll be seeing each other again real soon."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 10:55 PM

"You're practically are abandonin' us," Bill growled, folding his arms across his chest.

"Good for you, lieutenant," Eugene called from across the room where he was lounging in a chair.

"Yeah, M.J. We thought we'd never get rid of you," Luz joked from the other side of the room where he, Perconte, Bull and Martin were playing a game of cards. His face fell when Bull laid down his hand to reveal he'd won the game.

"How'd you manage that, M.J.?" Martin asked curiously, shooting a smile her way.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 10:56 PM

"Christof. I've being transferred back over stateside to help him out. He says he's drowning in paperwork. So you know…I'm going to be having lots of fun there." She made a face, looking faintly annoyed, and received a round of chuckles from the men. Eugene stood from his chair and crossed the room, holding out his hand.

"It was a pleasure serving with you, Mary," he said in his quiet Cajun accent. M.J. chuckled, and wrapped her arms around his neck, startling the medic, who awkwardly returned the hug, looking faintly embarrassed. A chorus of goodbyes, hugs, salutes and handshakes followed from the men of Easy Company who knew M.J. well enough to say goodbye.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 10:56 PM

In the end, there was only two left.

Bill grabbed M.J.'s bag and slung it over his shoulder as she strolled out the door, waving goodbye to the fellas still left in the house. She chanced a look up at Bill from the corner of her eyes, and saw the pensive, tumultuous look on his face and in his dark eyes. "Bill? Are you mad?" she questioned tentatively.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 10:57 PM

Bill let out a long sigh, then ruffled her hat affectionately. "Nah, how can I be? I'd give just about anything to be home right now, so I can't blame ya. I'm just worried about how Joe is gonna take this. You tell 'im yet?"

"…yeah…"

"I hear a 'but' at the end of that…What happened?"

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

M.J. half sighed and half growled. "He kinda…stormed away after I told him. I didn't even get to explain myself or anything!"

Bill clucked his tongue. "Don't take it too hard, princess. Joe's just upset. Try talking to him again before you leave." He handed over her bag, and winked, before he pulled her into a rough embrace that she heartily returned. "Look after yourself, kid," he muttered, patting her head and grinning from ear to ear.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

M.J. returned the smile, nodding her head as stray curls bounced around her face. "You bet, Bill. You too. You too. Thanks for everything…"

"Joe?"

The silent figure didn't move. He was leaning against a tree near the lake, looking out over the expanse of water in solitary thought. At the sound of M.J.'s approach, she could see his shoulders tense, but he didn't run away from her again.

That, at least, was progress.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 10:58 PM

"Joe, can I talk to you?"

He inclined his head only minimally, but didn't turn to face her. M.J. dropped her bag on the ground, and strolled towards him, careful not to drive him away again. "Listen Joe, I'm sorry. It's just, I'm needed back home, and I haven't seen my family in-"

"You're needed here too."M.J. looked startled at his words, her eyes flying up to rest on his face, though his gaze was still on the water and not on her.

"Joe…" she began, her brows furrowing.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

"M.J., I thought you were going to stay with me. This…I hadn't expected this. You're just gonna up and leave me? I thought we were gonna see this through to the end together, even if it meant…even if it meant going to the Pacific together. I-I thought…I dunno what I thought, but I figured we'd be together no matter what." This time, he did turn to face her, and the hurt and anger on his face made M.J. wince

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

"No, never, Joe. I'd never leave you. I'm just going home to help Christof and be with my family. You'll be home sooner than you know, and then we can be together, no more war, no more worries, no more stupid assignments. Just you and me…And the occasional visit from one of the guys. Isn't that what you want, Joe? That's…that's what I want." She fell silent, staring at her boots with a strange intensity and trying hard not to think about the strong desire to cry.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 10:59 PM

She could feel Joe's scrutinizing gaze as he watched her, gauging her words carefully. She waited for him to say something, anything, as the silence descended and fell heavily over them. Just when she'd given up on him, she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her and pull her close, crushing her against Joe's solid frame.

"Of course that's what I want," he murmured against her hat, closing his eyes briefly to savor their closeness. "Since the moment we first kissed, that's what I've wanted. You have to promise me something, M.J."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

M.J. wriggled in his arms until she could look up into his dark eyes. "Anything."

"Wait for me. And don't fall for one of those pretty boy sailors while I'm over here, ya got it?"

M.J. laughed, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down for a deep, passionate kiss. "You got it, sergeant." She suddenly seemed to remember something, and pulled away from Joe to dig around in her pocket. He looked on curiously, wondering what she was looking for, before she came up with a triumphant 'Ah ha!' and plopped something small and round into his outstretched hand.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

"What is-?" he began, looking down at the small, simple elegant ring she'd dropped into his palm. Nothing more than a diamond set atop the golden circle, and it was beautiful, without being outlandish. "What is this for? I don't think I can wear this, ya know. It's too small." He smiled cheekily, and M.J. smacked him lightly on the shoulder.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 11:00 PM

"Oh, enough, you big idiot. That," she began, a wry smile on her lips as she grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "-is my engagement ring. You better have it handy next time I see you Joe, or there will be hell to pay." She leaned up and kissed him gently.

Joe deepened the kiss, wrapping his arms around her waist, mindless of the heavy bag she was carrying. M.J.' felt the familiar tingle up her spine every time she and Joe kissed, but this was, by far, the most passionate. He wasn't much for words, but M.J. had soon come to find that he definitely had a well of emotions hidden behind his soft eyes. She dropped her bag, wrapping her arms around his neck as he pulled her against him.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/27/2013 11:00 PM

She finally parted her lisp from his, noses inches apart as their gazes met. "I love you," Joe murmured, and M.J. smiled, knocking her forehead into his. "Love you too," she whispered, her heart racing.

M.J. finally pried herself out of his hold, albeit somewhat reluctantly, and grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder, before she stepped away, saluting sharply. "I'll see you back in the states, sergeant...I'll be looking forward to it."

Joe chuckled, closing his fingers around the ring, his dark eyes shining with happiness. "Me too, lieutenant. Me too."

(Next)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous