The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Birds Don't Swim (OPEN, please join!)

Postby jobiehanna » 06/08/2013 11:53 PM

Birds don't like water. It's wet, it weighs feathers down, it's wet, it makes things stink, and did I mention it's wet? So why am I at the Nodia Sea? One word: Spencer.

Spencer is a hyperactive kuhna that has to be constantly watched over. More often than not, I am that baby-sitter. I'll never understand why, but I guess it's because everyone assumes I don't have anything better to do. Well, if I didn't have to watch Spencer I would!

I'm watching Spencer now as he wades into the blue water. Just watching him makes my feathers ruffle. Water and I don't get along, especially since it ruins my plumage. I sit on one of the wooden posts lining the water's edge and keep my eye on the kuhna.

I watch the other people along the beach, and wish I could be among those relaxing with no worries. Everyone seems blissful as they sunbath and prepare for dives to see the reefs up close. There are people and  pets everywhere, and there are even others where Spencer is playing in the water. He seems oblivious to everyone and everything around him though, until he calls out to me.

"Dana, look at me! I'm swimming," he exclaims excitedly as he wades further into the water and a gentle wave swells around him.

I offer a smile and call back, "Yes Spencer, good job!" I try to hide my feelings about having to watch him. He is so young, and I don't want to ruin his mood, despite how miserable I am. I'm not heartless, ya know.

"Why don't you come out too?" He yells above the gentle crashing of the waves and the people around.

"Sorry Spenc, but birds don't swim," I call back. I can see the crestfallen look on his face, but there really isn't much I can do. Being a Matches, I wasn't made for swimming.

{1.1} {1.1}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items