The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Re: .:Beyond the Sea:. [P: Baalsbaby, M:E]

Postby Middy » 02/21/2015 5:19 AM

Jack happily took the second glass of whiskey, this time drinking it down in two or three gulps. Yes, he could feel his body healing more, enough to give him his energy back and dull the pain. Then again he wasn't sure if the pain fading away was due to the tonic or the alcohol itself. Maybe a bit of both when he thought about it.

The doctor seemed to be going on about the Goddess again, and he really had to admit that if Steinman wasn't mentioning her from time to time, then he would really think something was wrong with him. But it seemed like this time it was indeed due to ADAM withdrawal. Jack eyed the tin, eyes wideneing when he saw the contents within. "So I see," he couldn't help but blush a little, just thinking that he went through all of that trouble, even going so far as to 'elude his Goddess' just to find him. Was this really even obsession anymore?

"You've been off it too long, it's best you remedy that," and soon, he really didn't like to see him so... disheveled, shaky... how he managed to fix him up despite all of that was a miracle all its own. Jack moved his hand off the other's, giving him the hint that he should fix himself up as soon as possible.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/21/2015 7:38 AM

Why did color flourish on his godling's cheeks? Steinman would had questioned more if his own body did not feel so dry, so hungry for the needles that glistened so temptingly in their tin. It was a crude storage, only a thin velvet lining keeping the things from clattering around too much, but here hardly anything to have kept the needlepoints from dulling. He didn't care.

"Sweet Aphrodite, I apologize for leaving you amiss for so long," he mumbled to himself as he removed one, rolling his sleeve up and clenching his fist. He barely even looked for a vein, plunging the device it (here was the pop of skin, seems the things really were a bit dull), glowing red liquid disappearing into his body. His eyes rolled up and his head tipped back as he shuddered, looking nearly orgasmic as the wave of paradise flooded through his veins. His mind expanded again, his thoughts shared with the goddess once more, comfort and pleasure and divinity pumping through him now.

Another needle followed with the same effect, only this time, Steinman tipped his head back and laughed aloud. It was a rather merry, if unhinged sound before he knocked the tin away. Two unused needles fell to the floor with a loud clatter before Steinman realized his error and nearly leapt from the bed to the floor to snatched them up. "Ah! No, sweet...! I didn't mean to...! Shhh. Shhhhh," he purred and grabbed the fallen tin, replacing the unused beauties and setting it on the nightstand, only to rejoin his sweet godling.

"Mmm. So much better, my beautiful godling," he cooed and stroked the other's face again, leaning in close. "So sweet, so divine." Oh but how he itched to cut cut Cͤ̎̊U̡͐̔̇̓T̍̓͌...! See what lay underneath that beautifully crafted skin, figure out he machinations, see why and how he had gained such beauty. Just beneath, the secrets lay just beneath, if only he could cut and slice and peel away-

No...! He had said he wouldn't! "Not yet, Steinman, not yet," he murmured to himself.

[69]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/21/2015 3:30 PM

Jack debated whether or not to watch the man inject himself with the ADAM, yes of course he had done the same thing, plus the amount of EVE he had to use. Although, seeing someone else do it was different somehow. Despite his inner debate, he found himself watching with curiosity. Even so, the first injection made Jack cringe a bit, but then shifted back to curiosity as he saw the effect it had on the doctor.

That familiar madness was taking him again, both making Jack wary of him again, but also relief that the Steinman he always knew was going to be himself again. He just wasn't sure if that was entirely a good thing or not.  The second needle made him laugh in hysterics (or was it out of madness, happiness?) then the sound of the tin hitting the floor.

It was a bit frightening, watching a man change so quickly from being somewhat normal, to falling into pure madness. In fact, it DID scare him, so much so that he thought just running from him would be in his best interest... but he wouldn't. As much as he hated to admit it, he was safer with Steinman than he was out in Rapture alone.

Jack inched away from him for a moment, but decided just to go with whatever the surgeon wanted. He didn't even question what he was muttering to himself, as it was best not to ask half the time. "So... what now? I can tell you are feeling better," he leaned into his touches, closing his eyes for a moment.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/22/2015 4:43 AM

Steinman's musings calmed considerably as he stroked the other's hair, marveling at the infinite color of Jack's eyes, at the way he leaned into his touches even while he was like this. A vessel, an instrument of Aphrodite, the most perfect of Goddesses.

"Much, much better," he purred, leaning down to kiss the other. Aphrodite was singing inside of him, elated, a thousand voices shivering in his mind. He pressed his mouth to Jack with hungriness, fingers gripping his hair.

"Now... You rest, my sweet godling," he said though it seemed almost strained. He had to fight himself, a part of him reminding him that he couldn't work on Jack. He wouldn't want to ruin the other's beautiful countenance, he couldn't make a mistake. He'd have to practice. Perhaps he could speak with Cohen and arrange for more subjects to test on. Practice did make perfect after all. "I need to..." he breathed against Jack's lips, "I need to work. I have to make them beautiful. For you. The world will not make itself beautiful on its own. I must plan, and I must act on them. Practice. Perfect. What sort of man would I be if I did not!? I would be nothing more than the useless fly that hovers, I wound be among the rot of Rapture, I would not be a man at all." He was beginning to rant and rave all on his own.

[70]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/22/2015 5:40 AM

Jack welcomed the sudden kiss, returning it without a second thought. Judging by his ramblings, he knew Steinman was going back to his old, insane self again. It didn't really matter to him anymore, he didn't care if he was in the arms of a madman. When it came down to it, no denizen of Rapture could really be considered sane anymore, everyone had their own strange quirks and desires. When it came to himself welll, he was a freak too. Grown in an artifical womb of glass and grown into an adult in a small matter of years. He wasn't insane, but he surely was a freak like the rest.

As for the doctor's rambling, he really wasn't sure on what to say, he never did when he went off like this. He surely didn't agree on his vision of 'beauty' but if he wanted to keep on good terms with him and gain protecting from splicers by proxy, then he had to play along a little. "I'm certain you can make Rapture and her citizens beautiful, there are so many in this city that depend on you," he wrapped his arms around him, pulling him closer.

"As for resting, I am doing so now. I'm not sleepy by any means, my body is just... exhausted," he made sure to kiss the other again, perhaps as proof that he would remain with him even if he was on an ADAM induced high. He also didn't want him to leave just yet, if he was indeed planning on practicing while he rested. Jack was afraid. Afraid that either Ryan or Fontaine would send their men after him at any moments notice. Neither of them knew Steinman was still alive, so he had that element of surprise still. That is why he had to keep him by his side.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/24/2015 12:33 AM

Steinman was about to pull away when there came arms around his neck, gently holding him and barring him from moving any further. He blinked and turned, seeing that the other didn't intend to let him go. The doctor grinned at the praise as well, lured back again by that as well since yes, he was an arrogant man, he liked the recognition.

"Mmm. Yes. Yes, there are so many. You are right," he agreed with Jack before the other offered him another kiss. He returned it passionately, the hard shape of his tongue pressing against the other's lips in a vain attempt to taste him. Damn. Damned mask. Damned fool. Why had he insisted on working on himself so early on, when he had been but a chrysalis. No, not even that. He'd been but a worm in the grand scheme of his talents then, and look. LOOK. He was paying for it now. He couldn't bear to show the most beautiful specimen a face such as his own.

It would be a travesty. It would be a crime. The Goddess whispered in his ear in those thousand silky voices and told him 'Steinman. Not yet, no. His eyes were meant only for beauty.'

So he settled for this, moving to drape over the upper half of Jack carefully despite the drugs addling his mind and senses, mindful of the large gash he had just treated. "My sweet godling. Rest. You have nowhere to be and nothing to do but to heal. You are the vessel, your body her temple," he purred , stroking the other's hair. "What would you have me do then? When my hands itch so? There is nothing to fear, my godling. Sweet godling."

[71]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/24/2015 2:28 AM

It was another awkward kiss with the mask in the way, but he wouldn't dare take it off the other. He must be hiding something from him for a reason, more than likely ashamed of himself or if he wanted to stretch it, he was waiting for the right time. He took what he got from him regardless. Jack moved his hands to rest on Steinman's back, gently moving his hands up and down it in gentle strokes.

"I want you, but I know you are more concerned with me resting up more," he sighed, feeling a familiar dull ache hit his wounds. He of course hid the fact that he was feeling any pain even though it was proving to be quite distracting. Maybe... maybe he should just rest. Part of him was still fearing that the doctor would leave him to go back to his work, leaving him vulnerable. "You are itching to go back to work, aren't you?"

Jack turned his head away from him for a moment, taking a quick glance around the room (was it out of paranoia?) His mind also began to wander, wondering if Tenenbaum would ever come looking for him, or where Ryan or Fontaine were at the moment. What of Cohen? Was that madman still in Fort Frolic doing god knows what? More importantly, was Suchong really dead? Or was the man in hiding, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous