The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

.:Beyond the Sea:. [P: Baalsbaby, M:E]

Postby Middy » 02/10/2015 1:06 AM

Neptune's Bounty proved to be quite the interesting experience, if only because someone named Peach proved to be a very-- peculiar man. He had ordered him to take pictures of different splicers, and bring them back just to gain access in the fisheries. Then the wackjob attacked him! That wasn't even the worst part about that whole place, no.

Atlas had lost his wife and child shortly afterwards because of Ryan, and that is when he knew what his true goal of being down in Rapture was. He was to find Ryan, and kill him.

The realization only hit him harder when he entered Arcadia, how the once lush gardens were now dying, and once again Ryan had made trans-versing Rapture that much more difficult. He had cut the oxygen, then in his pursuit to fix it, he had killed the woman who was helping him.

Still, he had to put all that ugliness behind him. He had a goal and a common enemy. Oh but, it got even worse from there, all because he had to deal with another one of Rapture's psychopathic denizens. Sander Cohen. The things that man put him through JUST to move onto Hephaestus, did everyone in Rapture have to be so difficult?

There he stood, staring at what Cohen was calling a masterpiece. Honestly, he didn't share the same sentiment about it, the whole thing was just. Disturbing.

"Ah, so I see you DO appreciate such fine art! Momento Mori, in its most sublime form! Ah, I thank you for helping me complete my masterpiece, little moth," Cohen moved to stand behind Jack, placing a satin white glove on his shoulder, "I do wish you could stay here longer to help me on other works of art, unless you are one of those doubters..."

Jack shook his head, not daring to challenge the deranged artist. "Well, I suppose its time for me to leave now," he said with a sigh of relief. Now that the bathysphere was active again, he could go on and find Ryan-- to kill him once and for all.

Cohen watched as Jack began to leave, a small smile creeping along his face. He knew very well that Jack wouldn't be getting away so easily, he had a deal he needed to keep after all, and it wasn't with Jack OR Ryan.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: .:Beyond the Sea:. [P: Baalsbaby, M:E]

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/10/2015 1:26 AM

Steinman was one of those who never gave up, even if you tried to put a bullet through his heart (which surprisingly hadn't happened so that was a streak of luck down here in a rotting shithole like Rapture). So he would look for his 'little catch' on and off, when the memory came to him time and again that he had lost something of his. And he didn't like that at all. It was only in Jack's streak of 'luck' that the good doctor tended to forget every now and again, what with his habitual injecting of ADAM into his veins and riding that wave during more experimentations he performed with anyone he managed to snare.

Of which, he was in low stock again. Of course, he could always chase down his own prey but then why not take the easy route and pay Cohen to do what he did and provide him with ample enough specimens to work with.

So here he was, on his way to go and visit the 'man of man talent's and perhaps he could stop by one of the shops (though they were not operational anymore, most of them) and grab a bite to eat. At least, in that, he did not forget that his body needed sustenance.

Also pleasure. Hm. Pleasure. Oh! That reminded him of that one time with that boy... Jack! Yes, yes, that was his name. He woud find that damned piece of artwork that his goddess had smiled upon, oh yes.

Passing beneath the gaudy neon lights and the desecrated shops and stepping over old soggy pamphlets advertising the more sensual sights of Fort Frolic, he made his way to the largest theatre, Cohen's den of evil as it were, knocking on the walls as he entered, the bloody-coated doctor looking around the grand area. "Cohen, you masked coot, where are you? Have you missed me?" he purred, awaiting some grand entrance from his old friend and expecting no less than lights, flowers, maybe confetti. Who knew what Cohen was feeling like at the time?

[24]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/10/2015 1:39 AM

As expected, his guest had arrived, and just in time! Cohen had since hidden back up the stairs, wondering if Jack had noticed that the bathysphere was still out of order despite his promise to unlock them. Perfect timing for Steinman to make his way here, as he was sure that Jack was the same person he had mentioned over radio. Apparently, he had gotten away from him which in itself was a remarkable feat, as for why he wanted to find him so badly was still unknown to the artist.

"You have finally arrived dear Steinman! Just in time to see my true masterpiece in all its glory! My beloved quadtych! All thanks to a fine young man by the name of Jack!" he slowly made his way down the stairs, stepping over the confetti that he had put down during the artwork's birth. "Isn't it gorgeous!" he exclaimed, reaching the bottom step and making his way over to his friend.

Steinman certainly hadn't changed, of course, he wondered if the man really took care of himself down in the medical pavilion. Certainly he enjoyed slaving over his artwork down there, and he could fully understand that, but there must be a point where you take a break! The mind must take breaks if it can continue creating greatness afterall!

"OH! To let you in on a little secret, that boy is still around here. You can say he is a bit-- stuck for now. Knowing him, he will come back through here demanding me to let him free. Ah, my little moth can sure be demanding I'm afraid."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/10/2015 2:14 AM

Steinman blinked. "Apparently the party has already started without me," he said, looking around at the confetti and oh- there was a signature piece by Cohen. It was very... Cohen-esque for sure and it definitely did look like it needed a lot of work to complete. Steinman was stepping up to the well-lit plaster figures on stage, contorted figures positioned in flamboyant, cheery ways, highlighting larger-than-life photographs that he had to step up to to fully appreciate. The plaster on some of the figures still seemed almost wet.

-That's when he stopped and turned to his white-faced friend with the painted features.  And stared as if he might never have seen him before.

"Jack?! You found my... /your/ little moth? Hah. I believe you may be mistaken, my friend. He is my artwork. My splendid masterpiece. The goddess herself has smiled upon him," he grinned behind his mask, eyes drifting to look around the place. "Your's is truly a sight to see, but you have not seen Jack in all of his own beauty, you see. And pray, you tempted him into helping you? He IS quite the adamant one, no doubt he asked your help to leave this place?"

[25]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/10/2015 7:47 PM

"Your Jack?" he repeated in amusement, finding his ramblings about calling his moth his artwork. No, he had it wrong, Jack was his muse now. After all, he helped complete his grand masterpiece, the thing that would remain long after he was dead as a testament to the great Sander Cohen! At least Steinman still had good taste in art as to compliment it, and why not? It was perfect! "Tempted him yes, but he is so adamant in killing Ryan, so I let him go despite my complete admiration for the man who brought us here, however," he paused, turning to look towards the hallway that Jack had run off to, "I do admit that Ryan should be dealt with, as much as is makes my heart ache."

The artist could hear the boy making a ruckus in the other room, no doubt more splicers had found him. "To be honest, the most I have seen from that boy was his skills with plasmids and weaponry, and his smooth athletic moves," he kept some of the other more intimate thoughts about him to himself, from the bits of knowledge of who his father was, to his own lustful desires for him. However, he had a feeling that is exactly why Steinman was so obsessed with his new muse.

"Goddamn splicers!" Jack shouted from the other room, in a fit of rage both from being lied to by Cohen, and being accosted by the annoying little gnats that now lie dead on the ground. "Okay Cohen! What the hell is the meaning of---" Jack stopped, nearly dropping his machine gun. S-Steinman!? Wh-why was he here!? Oh god... that was the last person he wanted to see. Dammit, why did Cohen double cross him! Just what the hell was he playing at!?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/10/2015 8:38 PM

"Yes. Mine," the doctor reaffirmed, crossing his arms. Thankfully though, Cohen was one of the very few he would have doubts putting a bullet or a scalpel to, considering how long they had known each other. Since nearly the beginning, considering Steinman, from before Rapture, had always enjoyed a good show or two and had happened to come upon one of Sander's early exhibitions.

"He is dear to both me and my goddess, you are deaf, you can't hear her, it is a pity," he shook his head slowly, "But she is there, singing in his veins. Squirmy little fish that he is," the doctor chuckled.

He was eyeing the multiple-figured sculpture, quirking a brow when one of the figures seemed to be trying to twitch their finger as if for some last hope of being rescued, but it was not something the doctor would even think about doing. That was when Jack returned to him, his little godling, his! All his! "Aaah, there you are. Having a bit of trouble with the flies, my godling?" he purred, all before he remembered through the haze of ADAM that... Jack had fled him. "YOU." He tromped over, regardless of whether or not the boy was ready to attack, grabbing him by the back of the neck like some errant pup ready to flee. "Ah, Cohen, yes. You have found me my little runaway. You have managed to get far, my godling."

[26]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/10/2015 10:09 PM

Jack felt a tad relieved that Steinman was still so cordial with him, that is until he flipped out in a fit of rage. His hand tightened on the machine gun, ready to attack if he felt threatened. Before he could retaliate however, Steinman had grabbed him by the nape causing Jack to growl back at him. "Godling!? Is this some kind of pet name from you now?" he replied back, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Cohen watched this play out, a look of amusement crossing his face. Oh, they did seem a bit cute together didn't they? By the way Steinman was talking to him, and how uncomfortable Jack seemed to be around him only clued the artist in to what they had done back in the medical pavilion. "Why yes, I knew he had to come through here eventually. It wasn't hard to capture my little moth once I had him in my tangled web," he clapped his hands together in glee, "because as you know, I OWN Fort Frolic! I am the master here, and what I say goes!"

"I don't have time to play Cohen, and you can't keep me here forever, I will find a way to get out of here," he snarled, wriggling against Steinman to get free. "We had a deal!"

"Now now, what did I just say little moth? I will let you go when I feel like it, besides, I did have a deal with someone else long before you came to my humble abode," he looked towards Steinman, curious to know what the doctor would do now that he had his pet again.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/11/2015 12:08 AM

Dr. Steinman grinned, uncaring that Jack was carrying a weapon (and likely he had some EVE in him?) but that didn't keep him from removing his grasp and as he stalked back and closer to Cohen. In fact, his grip tightened and he just shook Jack a little; that kind of irritating disobediance would not do.

And the fact that Cohen kept on proclaiming that Jack was 'his moth' was unnacceptable either.

He did grin though, considering his friend here had caught Jack in his trap and it had worked perfectly. "It is by far your most appreciated catch, Sander," Steinman purred as his grip began to lessen again, testament to the fact that his tolerance for Jack flowed and ebbed like the tides. "This fly in the web is mine. What do I owe you now? You know I am a man to fulfill my debts."

He looked down at the boy in his grasp and then to the artwork on stage again. "So you have done this, my godling? I knew it! Aphrodite saw that you had a flare for the arts, you see?"

[27]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/11/2015 1:15 AM

It was rather amusing how Steinman seemed to parade the boy around like a piece of arm candy despite Jack's protests of wanting to be let go. "Yes of course I would be asking for payment. Since I dare not ask you to share your pet with me, then maybe you can share any ADAM you might stumble across. I think it's a fair trade."

"You have GOT to be kidding me! Really, you are just passing me off to this psycho like a piece of meat? What is wrong with all of you!?" Jack charged his electro-bolt as a warning to how irritable he was getting about the whole situation.

"It seems like your pet is getting a bit angry Steinman, is there a way you can calm him down before he starts burning the place?" Cohen asked, watching the electro-bolt change to inferno his expression changing quickly to one of worry. If Steinman didn't get his little 'godling' under control, he knew Jack would aim for his masterpiece.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/11/2015 1:37 AM

"He is just throwing a bit of a tantrum, worry not," Steinman purred before watching Jack move through different Plasmids, something he himself actually hadn't experimented with too much. It was still based on ADAM, but powers like that didn't seem helpful when it came to the kind of work he sought to do. A cheap way to try and be a good.

Aphrodite would not be pleased.

Even so, Steinman did seem somewhat awed at the sight of the flames dancing around Jack's fingers, his skin glowing and cracking and just brilliant. "That is definitely quite the talent you have there, my godling. But shhh. You are worrying my friend here," he cooed, moving forward to stand before Jack, tipping his head up with a knuckle. He didn't hesitate for a moment as he leaned in to kiss Jack, once again with his mask on, but that didn't deter him at all, letting himself enjoy the warmth of the tender, possessive moment they shared before Cohen.

See? HIS godling.

Steinman pulled away, combing one bloodied, gloved hand through Jack's hair as he stared at the artist. "And I will provide what ADAM I acquire. Did you know? I happened to come across a way to draw the ADAM out of one's body so, yes, it will definitely be something to look into. Granted, I've not assured the purity of the substance but with you having found my godling again, we will see into that."

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/11/2015 2:03 AM

Jack couldn't decide which plasmid in his arsenal to use, flipping between winter's blast, inferno, and electo-bolt. He finally settled on his favorite, electro-bolt. Tantrum, right, that is what he was going through. "Yeah, a 'talent'," he scoffed, debating whether or not to use the plasmid on him just for being so condescending. In fact, he was about to before Steinman pulled him into an awkward kiss causing heat to rush to his face.

Cohen seemed to enjoy their small but tender moment, even if Jack didn't seem too into it. Ah, but that was likely due to the fact that he was just having a bad time. "What an amazing find dear Steinman! I never thought one could find a source of ADAM within a body without the use of a Little Sister. Quite amazing, bravo!"

While Cohen was complimenting Steinman, Jack took that moment to whip around and shock the doctor with a dose of electro-bolt, a risky move, but it would give him a chance to stun him so that he could escape those two psychos. He couldn't afford to stay there, not while Ryan was still alive. Jack made an attempt to run, hoping the two would were still surprised about his sudden outburst.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/11/2015 2:37 AM

Steinman was nodding, "Ah, yes. It is quite a feat, isn't it? All of the splicers you provide to me are sufficient tests for my-!!!!"

There was a sudden jolt of pain but Steinman couldn't scream out because all of his muscles were spasming and twitching, his body not in his full control anymore. Lightning danced over his skin, arching through him as Jack started to get away and Steinman was gritting his teeth, which were chattering together from the shock.

"G-Getttt....!" he was trying to say towards Cohen, who arguably, had a bit more power than he did considering he too did all of that plasmid nonsense.

The effects of the damned electro-bolt were finally starting to wear off and he could feel himself start to finally go slack from the muscle tension, feeling returning to his fingers as he growled and flexed them, reaching for a gun from beneath his labcoat. "That cursed boy! He will rue the day!" the doctor frothed, his hand unsteady around the grip since he was still recovering, but he was moving in the direction of where Jack had gone off to.

[29]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/11/2015 3:08 AM

Cohen had remained in a state of shock from seeing his friend get hit by such a strong electrical pulse, but quickly shook it off to chase after the boy that had done that to him. He took off running in Jack's direction, frequently teleporting ahead to get closer to his target, which didn't take long to catch up to him. As expected, no one really outran one who was a Houdini splicer, giving chase was part of their specialty after-all. "He's over here Steinman! Quickly!" he hollered, hurling a fireball at Jack (that he purposely aimed to shoot past him)

The false attacked worked, causing Jack to move the other way and topple over from a loss of balance, skidding across the hard tile. The grip on his gun loosened, sending the weapon clattering to the floor with him. He winced in pain as he tried to scramble back onto his feet, making a reach for the machine gun again, but had it seized away from him by Cohen.

The artist grinned down at him, keeping in mind that Jack still had the use of his plasmids. He might be quick to teleport away, but he still couldn't predict when he was going to try to use the electro-bolt on him. "Now now, why did you have to go and cause trouble for us. You are only complicating things further."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 02/11/2015 9:16 PM

Damn. He really shoud invest in trying out plasmids, perhaps, if it meant keeping his little godling in LINE. Watching Sander work was a marvel in itself, seeing the flashes and plumes of passion-crimson  smoke (or was it dust, Steinman mused behind his more furious thoughts) marking Cohen's movements. He saw the burst of fire and for one horrified moment he thought that perhaps he would lose his godling so prematurely, with Aphrodite's heir dying in a brilliant flash of flame that any chosen one like Jack likely deserved. A grand exit, so Cohen would say.

But no! It wasn't his time, not yet!

And still, watching Cohen work, well, it was flattering and quite a bit of a turn on if he did say so himself. But later, muse on that later.

The doctor quickly gained speed, racing towards the two at the other end of the theater by now, before he was huffing and stopping just moments from stepping right onto the godling who lay prone on the ground. "V-very good," he panted, snarling as he felt the anger rising in him, aiming the gun at Jack as if he might just give the godling his well-deserved end. "You rotten little fish," he growled, fingers clenching around the hilt of the gun so hard it was white. "I give you paradise, and you do THIS?! Ungrateful little worm! Don't you know who I AM!?"

[30]

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/11/2015 9:49 PM

Jack's heart was fluttering in his chest, the pressure the doctor's foot bearing down on him only increased his fight-or-flight response. He could sling another plasmid at him, but with Cohen coming in possession of his gun halted any back-up plans afterword. The boy swallowed hard, weighing his options. Taking on one at a time was a feasible option, but seeing how they worked in tandem made him realize that he wouldn't stand much of a chance. The other splicers he had dealt with seldom worked together, and even if they did, their minds were too addled to efficiently plan anything out. Give up Jack, they clearly have you routed...

The younger sighed, his breathing still labored from the weight on his chest, then disabled his active plasmid. "Steinman..." he paused, looking away from the furious man above him. He was sure he would kill him right then and there, knowing how much of a loose cannon the man was.

"Come now Steinman, I don't think killing your precious godling would do you any good. See? I think he has learned the error of his ways! Cut him some slack, I'm sure you could punish him some other way," the artist interjected, looking the boy on the ground up and down. "It would be a crime to destroy such delicately crafted beauty! Have a change of heart Steinman."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next